Most Disliked Stereotype

Meta 99

May 2, 2010
"All Asians are good at math"
I am better at math than any of my Asian friends, and I'm whiter than snow!

On an unrelated note, we were arguing if my Indian friends should be included in "Asian friends", while technically a part of Asia, its just not the same is it? Let me know your feelings on this!

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I'm going to activate the biggest flame shield ever made right now. *activates biggest flame shield ever made* So I'm a mormon. And what bugs me the most you ask? "Mormon are polygamists" We ended the practice of polygamy about 100 years ago, and we are never going to touch it again. If you hear of or maybe even see someone practicing polygamy and claims to be a mormon, just know that they aren't. And if they actually are, then know that they will be excommunicated.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I don't like that people think that if you don't have health insurance it automatically means that you don't have a job, aren't looking for one, and 'just sit on the couch eating cheetos all day' y'know training for the heart attack olympics.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Zaverexus said:
Inco said:
Zaverexus said:
Simple Enough: What stereotype is do people apply to you that you most dislike?

My answer: That intelligent people cannot also be athletic. I know everyone on the internet says he is intelligent, but taking high level classes and fencing and practicing parkour I run into far too many people who assume academics and athletics are mutually exclusive.
I LOVE that one though... It means that they underestimate us greatly. Consider my indoor football team(soccer for the US), we consist of 2 'hardcore' gamers, 2 highly involved physists, one historian and an irrelevent fool. We are on top of the division 1 table by a good 13 points at the moment with a game in hand. While the other teams consist of either A grade players from actual teams or gym-obsessors. Few people can believe it without seeing it.

Other than that, I would have to agree with you.
I imagine its also better with a legitimate sport. No one ever sees me fence and while I often practice parkour around campus, people see it as nothing more than "jumping around" and expect me to do tricks instead of acknowledging the hard work and discipline it actually is.
Well, parkour is quite exhausting and enjoyable even when its close to ground level. I love doing the minor versions of it, because my vertigo at heights makes my coordination disappear.
People just see something and think "hey, do something that looks cool" rather than appreciate the effort that has to go in to something that is simple from that field.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I'm a white male conservative Catholic American of mostly German descent. By just about all stereotypical views I must be the mentally-challenged spawn of Satan. You know, despite my superb grades growing up, even in science, and being known among my various groups of friends as one of the kindest and smartest guys they know.

And that because I am a nerd who moved to Japan after graduation, I must have done so for the anime. Uh... no. I don't even really watch anime anymore and I can't stand weeaboos. I had Japanese friends in college who got me really interested in the country. I had a mild to moderate interest before, but their influence sealed it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Meta 99 said:
"All Asians are good at math"
I am better at math than any of my Asian friends, and I'm whiter than snow!

On an unrelated note, we were arguing if my Indian friends should be included in "Asian friends", while technically a part of Asia, its just not the same is it? Let me know your feelings on this!
well they dont look the same

and cultraly are very very different

so no they shouldt be, not that asthetics or steryotypes really matter when it comes to freinds

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Toriver said:
I'm a white male conservative Catholic American of mostly German descent. By just about all stereotypical views I must be the mentally-challenged spawn of Satan. You know, despite my superb grades growing up, even in science, and being known among my various groups of friends as one of the kindest and smartest guys they know.

And that because I am a nerd who moved to Japan after graduation, I must have done so for the anime. Uh... no. I don't even really watch anime anymore and I can't stand weeaboos. I had Japanese friends in college who got me really interested in the country. I had a mild to moderate interest before, but their influence sealed it.
just out of interest

whats the gernal japaneise attitude to caucasions? particually ones who move over there?

and women, whats their general veiw on women? what about caucasion women as well?

werid questions, but Im just a little curious

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
"You're excited about buying a new game or system? What a n00b!"

Since when did gaming become so srs bsns that excitement is now seen as a sign of fresh meat? What happened to gaming being about 'fun'?

Also that you have to be either ugly, lesbian, or both in order to be a feminist. Hate. That. Shit. So. Much.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
That by working as a police officer I must have some strong desire to boss people around or am 'power tripping'. Yeah guess who gets bossed around way more than you?
Apparently they've never heard of a chain of command? It's not just what they beat me with.

gamer_parent

Jul 7, 2010
because I'm Asian, I'm..

1. automatically good at math
2. automatically know all there is know about computers
3. can't dance
4. am incapable of satisfying my spouse sexually
5. am ridiculously cheap
6. can't speak english

the list goes on

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Mallefunction said:
"You're excited about buying a new game or system? What a n00b!"

Since when did gaming become so srs bsns that excitement is now seen as a sign of fresh meat? What happened to gaming being about 'fun'?

Also that you have to be either ugly, lesbian, or both in order to be a feminist. Hate. That. Shit. So. Much.
really? where have you experienced this?

hell gaming is one of the few things I really get exited over, like a kid on christmas morning

plus it doesnt exactally makes sense what with the hype and spucualtion (and the pre order thing) in online gaming culture

GodofCider

Nov 16, 2010
Zantos said:
That christians are stupid.

Honestly, I study theoretical fucking physics. But apparently solving relativistic field equations doesn't count for shit if you believe in a higher power. One day someone will start with this and get hit by lightning, and I'll know the big guy has my back.
"One day someone will start with this and get hit by lightning, and I'll know the big guy has my back."

And that is a perfect example illustrating your stereotype of choice.

Vault101 said:
just out of interest

whats the gernal japaneise attitude to caucasions? particually ones who move over there?

and women, whats their general veiw on women? what about caucasion women as well?

werid questions, but Im just a little curious
Do you know what a Gaijin is?

That answers your question.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
All Texan stereotypes. Goddammit. WE'RE NOT SISTER BANGING HILLBILLIES, GUYS.
Sorry to burst your bubble and all.

Kemea

Sep 25, 2009
1: Because I am muslim, I like to show my innards to the world, while caressing everyone near me in a sea of bright fire and concrete(yay for terrorists for fucking up people's look on muslims T_T)

2: I'm a gamer so I have no social life, do not know how to function outside a virtual world, am worthless.

3: I have long hair and wear metal oriented clothes(Amon Amarth, going to see them TODAAAAAY <3)and thus must be goth or emo for wearing black.....ofcourse....wearing black and having long hair is the same...uhuh xD

4: Because I wear glasses people often think I am a dork and can't defend myself(Had to defend myself a lot when I was younger, a lot around those stupid farmer villages in The Netherlands ><)

5: I joined an organization called De Order Der Noorderwind(The Order of the Northernwind)which is about practicing medieval swordsmanship, therefor I am a dork and larper xD

6: I generally hate people who are AFRAID of homosexuals/lesbians. Like they will force it up their noses. I actually saw a guy running from one of my gay friends I had on my school before. My friend sat close to him and said: 'Hi, I'm Gay' xD. The other dude didn't know how fast he had to run lol.

7: The whole white-negro thing where white boys are trying to act like super macho black men rappers :p So funny to see how some white skinny dude tries to be all massive and awesome, while he looks like some hobo xD yoyoyo sup bro? I ain't your bro :p

8: People often think I am a satanist because I like violent content, massacres and other horror stuff you see in movies and games. Also because I listen to metal.....

9: I dislike simple girls: I never was seen by any girl when I was on primary school. At the almost end of the school I decided to learn guitar, cus it's awesome :p, and suddenly I got a lot of female attention....because I was THE guy sitting on a bench and fiddling around a bit. Like.....WHAT THE HELL? :p

Those are my few meh points :p

kiteboy

Sep 13, 2009
The one that gets me is how on US tv especially ALL BRITISH PEOPLE talk with this weird hybrid cockney/london ("shine yer shoes for two bob gov'nor?") accent that NOBODY talks with over here. even the actors who do it.

and how apparently we all have bad teeth and boil all our bland, horrible food.. come to a decent country pub, have a PINT (yes, pint.. not tiny bottle) of proper beer with actual flavour (my friends have started drinking miller lite. I can never forgive america for that bland bottle of ***), and have a roast beef dinner.

/rant

half the people my age who live in cities talk like this (sadly): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm2bfWNMrg

Wondermint13

Oct 2, 2010
Patrick Young said:
the australian stereotype the stereotype of australia is that we have giant spiders Australia does not have giant spiders
Just plenty of fatally poisonous ones eh mate? xD

Never liked the Nerd stereotype when I was at school.
So I didnt do super awsomely great at football, suddenly a few wise-crackers make these retarded dribbling faces and talking about how much I like Star Trek.

I have never seen Star Trek! And I was certainly not a dribbling hunch back, far from. But yeh.. Because I didnt enjoy scrubbing my penis in the shower with the other boys and kicking the ball so hard the goal keeper would be knocked out if it hit him in the face.
So sorry I never liked playing fucking football on a rainy wednesday morning..

f***ing idiots xD

Captcha: Wasubi T8-weng