Most "holy shit" inducing game section ever?

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
I thought the Citadel fight with Sovereign in Mass Effect was awesome (geth charging...throw!). Bioshock's plot twist was pretty much a mind-gasm.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
4173 said:
As for Holy Shit exhilarating, I'd say first kills of a few WoW bosses (Vashj, Kael, maybe Bloodboil or Illidan)
Definitely that in terms of Adrenalin. It's a massive rush when a boss was finally down after weeks of working on it.

Eggbert said:
The end of portal 2. I solved it by accident, just by randomly clicking you-know-where, and proceeded to "holy shit" through the next ten minutes or so.
Indeed. It's totally absurd and completely appropriately awesome at the same time. A poetic ending to an awesome game.

Evilsanta said:
In Bayonetta at the end of the final boss.

You punch freaking god into the damn SUN!

If that's not a "Holy shit" moment then I don't know what is.
Same game, different scenes.

- First time her outfit transforms into the hair monster thing.
- Shooting the second-to-last boss with Lipstick. That scene totally defines the awesomeness of that game in words I can't describe.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I'll be adding in the rooftop escape scene in Uncharted 2. Specifically the part where you end up in a skyscraper and you keep fighting in it as it topples and falls to the side. The first time I played that section I was gawking at what the game was pulling.

Solfleet

Aug 2, 2010
Definitely the ending to Castlvania Lords of Shadow. If youve beaten that game you know what I mean. One of the only times in my life that my mouth has literally hung open.

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
Cheesus333 said:
Obliterating Megaton with a 200-year-old atomic bomb.

You knew it was coming. When you walked in for the first time, you knew it. When Mr. Burke beckoned you and told you of his plan, you knew it. Standing on the windswept veranda of Tenpenny Towers and flipping the case open, you knew it. But when it happened...

Holy shit.
then you realize that annihilating a major trade center of the game probably wasn't such a good investment for mere 500 caps (I think 1000 if you haggle with burke but still)..

and Moira doesn't even get killed

MazzaTheFirst

Jul 1, 2009
Right now the only things that are "holy shit" for me is when I am clearing out a planet in A.I. War: Fleet Command and suddenly I hear a massive explosion from my headset. One of the very many random attacks is probably destroying most of my planets. Damn it is hard to lose that game if you just keep your entire fleet at the front lines. =\

The Lawn

Apr 11, 2008
Gotta say the invisible water monster in Amnesia... that or pretty much any part in the second half of the game really....

It may not seem that scary in the video, but if you actually play it.... you're on the verge of ruining your pants at any second.
It was also the fist time ever, I let out a sigh of relief at the end of something in a game.

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 :
Inside arsenal gear, when the colonal and rose start going crazy and telling me stuff like, "don't sit too close to the tv, you'll ruin your eyes", "turn off the console" and "really, are you still playing this, haven't you got anything better to do with your time".

How did he know?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Not as scary or amazing as other experiences but a zombie randomly appeared out of a corner in Doom 2. It's just so fucking surprising!

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Gauntes said:
I was actually really thankful for that. Moira, with her blind, cheery optimism and what seems to be a mild mental disorder is my favourite character in Fallout 3 :p

Vurtos

Nov 10, 2010
Kingdom Hearts 2, Final boss fight, Final phase. Defending against infinite energy attacks. That was a pretty big "Holy Shit" moment.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Cheesus333 said:
Gauntes said:
I was actually really thankful for that. Moira, with her blind, cheery optimism and what seems to be a mild mental disorder is my favourite character in Fallout 3 :p
The problem is that by making her survive it really tones down the whole choices aspect.

In RPGs some choices should have a major impact on the game, by blowing up Megaton you lose vendors, a house, some important loot, characters and quests. This the consequence to your decision, having Moira survive really ruined that.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
Cheesus333 said:
Gauntes said:
The problem is that by making her survive it really tones down the whole choices aspect.

In RPGs some choices should have a major impact on the game, by blowing up Megaton you lose vendors, a house, some important loot, characters and quests. This the consequence to your decision, having Moira survive really ruined that.
I suppose if you look at it another way it is the only way to kill children in Fallout 3[footnote]I find it hard to believe that they got far enough away, warning or not, to not be utterly annihilated by the blastwave[/footnote]. That's a pretty strong consequence in its own right. But I do see what you mean.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
Deshara said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
That final mirror scene.
In Condemned 2, they put a mirror at the end of a hallway. A hallway that you're going to be getting chased down by a GIGANTIC FUCKING RABID GRIZZLY BEAR
TBH, I found that bear part to be somewhat funny, I was thinking "wow, my character must be crapping his pants right now" the whole time, that mirror scene (or should I say those scenes) were not funny at all.

Mar 30, 2010
C95J said:
Grouchy Imp said:
'Holy shit what the hell is that get it away from me!!!' moment - playing Fallout: New Vegas, scavenging around Searchlight:
Specifically when I went into the fire station and came face to face with my first Radscorpion Queen.
A similar thing happened in New Vegas, when I:
Went into a random ant mound, casually killing ants when I encountered an ant queen. I actually freaked out, purely because I didn't expect it.
Exactly. I'd never run into any of the 'Legendary' critters before, so it was more the sheer size of the damn thing that caught me out. Of course, after discovering that such creatures existed, my Skirmisher character (Guns, Sneak & Survival) has become somewhat of a big game hunter.

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
mowing down civilians in MW2. i said "holy shit, i'm really doing this. and holy shit, the developers really went there."

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
For a scary "Holy Shit"-
Amnesia: The Dark Descent, in the choir. It's dark, you can barely see where you're going and you got a nice demonic hellspawn stalking you. Just pray you don't hear the sound.

For an awesome "Holy Shit"-
Several of the ARGUS fights in Vanquish...Just see the transformation sequence from spider-tank to robot, and it only gets more awesome from there.

Terminally Chill

Jun 21, 2011
First thing that comes to mind was in the original God of War.

Ares throwing a Doric column-cum-javelin right through Kratos' guts. From a hundred miles away.