Most "holy shit" inducing game section ever?

Diablo27

Jul 18, 2010
I'm playing through Half-Life 2, which I've never finished before and got to the airboat section for the second time. Even though I've done it before, driving away from that Hunter-Chopper is one of the most hectic things I've ever done. But in my opinion it's tied for (may be blitzed, but my memory is a bit hazy) most holy shit inducing section with the librarian section in Metro 2033.

So escapist, what do you think?

Je Suis Ubermonkey

Jun 10, 2010
When the Timurids show up in Medieval Total War II and make the Mongols look like sissyboys.
First time I was totally unprepared and lost most of the holy lands.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Well, I just finished playing COD4 again, so maybe it's just because it's fresh in my mind, but there's a few moments from that game. Probably the best is, you know, the nuke going off.
Actually, the first time I saw one of those zombie things from Amnesia in the light I shouted. Actually shouted.
Half Life 2 has some pretty awesome things too actually. Fighting striders, hunters, capturing a prison with an army of ant-lions. Man, I should play that again. You pick one, I can't.

Apr 28, 2008
Watching The Colossus warp in and obliterate the enemy in Freespace 2 for the first time. Pretty sure my mouth was agape.

Also, quite a few story-related moments in Planescape: Torment.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
For me, it's a tie between the first appearance of a Deathclaw in Fallout 3 and the nuke going off in COD4.
However, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem holds first place as the most 'Holy Shit' inducing game I have ever played Doom 3 and (half of) Silent Hill 2 included.

Jaffinnegan

Mar 30, 2011
Diablo27 said:
the librarian section in Metro 2033.
Man, I could put the whole of Metro 2033 here, it is one of the best and underated games ever.
I have a few others though: COD4 (Nuke), Bioshock (A Slave Obeys), Half Life 2 (Ending), Portal (Ending), and Portal 2 (Multiple). But to be honest though, if we are talking Holy Shit moments, I'm gonna have to say MineCraft, like the first time you start a game, the first Night, and ofcource, just random exploration.

The_Shepherd

Jan 14, 2011
Afore mentioned Librarian section, as well as some of the abandoned metro trains in the same game, and the various hallucinations (also from Metro 2033).
*EDIT* and Sparta, mainly because of the music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7yGSLZQE08

Mar 30, 2010
'Holy shit this is cool' moment - playing 'One shot one kill' for the first time in CoD 4, especially the running street battles carrying Macmillan.

'Holy shit what the hell is that get it away from me!!!' moment - playing Fallout: New Vegas, scavenging around Searchlight:
Specifically when I went into the fire station and came face to face with my first Radscorpion Queen.

Oct 30, 2010
First Scarecrow section in Arkham Asylum. Holy shit they killed Gordon.

As for Holy Shit exhilarating, I'd say first kills of a few WoW bosses (Vashj, Kael, maybe Bloodboil or Illidan) or completing a particularly insane section of a game like 'Splosion Man

And holy shit this makes me angry and hateful, the ending of the Arrival DLC for ME2.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
That first bit in Dead Space when you have no weapon and you have your NPC friends shouting at you to run. Pretty much set the tone for the whole game.

Jerubbaal

Jul 22, 2011
Grappling to a motorcycle, jumping to another motorcycle, then surfing on a car, grappling to another car and stealing it, then surfing on that car, then grappling to a helicopter and hijacking it, then hanging from the bottom of that helicopter to grapple to a jetfighter, hijacking it, and then crashing it into a building while I parachute out to safety a second before impact.

This is all in Just Cause 2.

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
When the *Spoiler* take over your ship, the *spoiler* and Jokers all like "Shitshitshitshitshit". I heard EDI say "It's not working properly. It's Broadcasting" "Broadcasting to- OH SHIT" I said "Oh Shit" like as soon as EDI said broadcasting. Recently, I've gotten good at predicting those one line drops.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
When the EMP goes off and it starts raining jets and helicopters in MW2.

The crashes and explosions going off around me and the complete silence soon after gave me goosebumps.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
Definitely the second giant rock worm in Penumbra (the chase scene).
Especially my first encounter with it, before I knew what I had to do, but it's still very stressful.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
90% of Bulletstorm
Seeing the Dragon God for the first time in Demon's Souls (Ditto for the Tower Knight)
Tank battles in Left 4 Dead
100% of Condemned: Criminal Origins
50$ of Condemned: Bloodshot

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
For 'Holy Shit this is awesome (in a firepower and shock+awe kind of way)' -

MW2, Team Player - when you first get contacted in the Humvee by the not-Taliban.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Obliterating Megaton with a 200-year-old atomic bomb.

You knew it was coming. When you walked in for the first time, you knew it. When Mr. Burke beckoned you and told you of his plan, you knew it. Standing on the windswept veranda of Tenpenny Towers and flipping the case open, you knew it. But when it happened...

Holy shit.