Most "holy shit" inducing game section ever?

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Quickman's Level in Megaman 2. the laser grids are the ONE THING that slow down my speed runs. I have never been able to get past them without using the Flash Stopper (thus handicapping my final fight agains QM himself)and the sound of those lasers firing still gives me chills after 20 years

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Well... in my case its more of a "holy shit, you poor bastard..." kind of moment, but...

Skip to around 4:04.

Monsteval

Jul 16, 2009
For me, it was in Monster Hunter Tri. Close to the beggining of the game, you do a quest to gather a few things from an enemy that doesn't fight back a lot, but when you go to the zone next to where you are, BOOM!, there's the enemy you're supposed to kill at the end of the game. It's a giant underwater leviathan that can shoot lightning and can even go ashore. Plus, with the music playing, it's really a "holy shit" moment while you try to run away. But you still have to complete to mission, so you have to sneak and pray it doesn't turn it's head and sees you.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
"Holy Shit" sums up most of Ninja Blade, some of the boss death events are truly amazing, the three best ones in my opinion are:

1. Arachne's (Crushed via you throwing a Wrecking Ball at it.)

2. The Slime Chopper's (You surf one of his missiles back to it)

3. The Plague Snail's (Words cannot describe it.)

And this is just from the first two levels.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
There's probably a better moment I've come across, but since I only finished StarCraft 2 yesterday, I'm going with when the Queen of Blades or Kerrigan or whatever shows up. Her appearing at the edge of the map and speeding towards me got me proper worried, knowing I actually had to fight her.
Playing on Casual probably ruined it a little, since she only waddled over, blew up a Thor or two if she was lucky, then scarpered. Still, initial surprise remains.

nekroskoma

Jun 2, 2011
the first colossus in SOTC

srsly i had an idea of what to expect but when me and my brother saw it we both lost our shit

then came all the others

also in ME1 when your gunning it though geth to get to the portal and finally when your climbing the citadel, look up. best back drop ever

Cluskey

Mar 17, 2010
Definitely has to be Resident Evil 1 where you walking down that barely lit corridor in the mansion and one of the windows breaks and you start getting pulled at by a zombie. Scared the shit out of me, but then again so did the whole game.

I was trying to look for it but this persons commentary was pretty funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pNsw2j4z3A at 4 minutes 15 seconds in.

Sigma Van Lockheart

Jun 7, 2011
watching a single Flesh Pound tear my entire team apart but I managed to kill it and was the only one left and no more that 3 seconds after I killed it one of the spider ones jumps at me and kills me losing the game. Gotta love "hell on earth" mode.

SmileyBat

Jun 14, 2010
The cannibal town in Fallout 3. So you're walking around the wasteland looking for people to rob when you pick the lock of a certain storage shed. Up till this point the locals have given you zero notice throughout the game. You find that the contents of the shed is a slaughterhouse for human meat; corpses on meat hooks, bones and viscera on plates and in fridges. Soon as you step outside, every single town resident (~8) is blocking your escape, blank faced and probably hungry. It doesn't matter what time of day it is either; I got through this in the dead of night. Freaking creepy.

Apr 15, 2011
Two games for me.
1) Crysis 2. The skyscraper collasping. (yeah its scripted but it still made me go holy shit)
2)Half Life 2 many many times.
Like the whole of the first section. Every Gman speech and the final battle in Episode 2. 'They're coming from all directions!'
Oh and the ubercharged Gravity Gun after the first dude you kill with it. Holy shit!

Russirishican

Feb 9, 2011
Any game where you destroy something huge and do it spectacularly enough where you go "Holy SHIT! I did that?" I love those moments.

Eggbert

Jun 9, 2010
The end of portal 2. I solved it by accident, just by randomly clicking you-know-where, and proceeded to "holy shit" through the next ten minutes or so.

xerounlimited

Oct 5, 2010
UncleUlty said:
Right now Cathrine especially the stage bosses though I've only seen the first two
Sure, the bosses lose their luster on THE TENTH RETRY! But they still creep me out the first time.

Still my biggest holy shit induced moment is pretty much every encounter with Pyramid head in Silent Hill 2, the first one holding a special moment of fear and disgust in my heart.