Most Important Event in History

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
steeltrain said:
When that arab dude threw his shoes at George W. Bush. The world saw just why Americans win, +100 agility.
this times a hundred bambilliatrillion

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
TikiShades said:
After taking my World History exam, which involved explaining what you think are the top 10 (really 8...) most important events in history, it suddenly occurred to me that I should have asked the Escapist to give some suggestions. While I've already taken it, I'd still like to hear your opinions.

So, Escapist, what do you think is one of the most important historical events in... history?
1) The development of writing.
2) The development/advancement of mathematics.
3) The development of the wheel.
4) Writing History down.
5) The development of government.
5) The advancement/development of science.
6) The development of the scientific method

I have to go now, but I'll edit this and finish my last 4 later.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
cball11 said:
Leorex said:
i beleave it would be the creation of life.

History numb-nuts, not fiction.
are you saying creationism is wrong? let's not start an argument,but nothing proves my belief or evolutionist beliefs. and i'm not saying every animal came at one time,i disbelieve that, but (now i'm gonna derail this thread.) why can't i believe in the big bang and be catholic? why can't i believe that mutations and adaptations make new species but still be a creationist?
it's a stereotype that Christians disbelieve science,and that we think the earth is only 6000 years old,but we don't!

mdk31

Apr 2, 2009
Development of writing
Defeat of the Persian invasions by the Greek armies
Rise of Christianity in Europe
Collapse of the Western Roman Empire
Invention of gunpowder
Invention of the printing press
The American Revolution
World War I
World War II
First nuclear detonation
First electronic computer.

Also, all those people saying "creation", you're asking for this: There was no creation. The world, and humans, developed and came into existence through natural means. This is fact.

mdk31

Apr 2, 2009
lwm3398 said:
cball11 said:
Leorex said:

are you saying creationism is wrong? let's not start an argument,but nothing proves my belief or evolutionist beliefs.
'cept for, you know, the mountains of evidence supporting evolution.

Just a little thing, that.

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
mdk31 said:
lwm3398 said:
cball11 said:
Leorex said:

are you saying creationism is wrong? let's not start an argument,but nothing proves my belief or evolutionist beliefs.
'cept for, you know, the mountains of evidence supporting evolution.

Just a little thing, that.
http://xkcd.com/373/

Bleh, I can't make images, I forgot how.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
When God and his best friend, Curly Moon got wasted one night at a downtown hookah bar. Curly challenged God to a game of ping-pong and if Curly won, God had to finally finish that "big project" he'd been working on. After a rousing 15 rounds, God won the ping-pong game, easily beating Curly Moon in what can only be described as "an ass raping".

Curly Moon, being so embarrassed, got way to drunk and broke up with his girlfriend of 8 years, Tina Bassilton. God, feeling a might depressed over this, decided to finish his project and finally create the earth, the sky, and mankind.

That was a pretty big event....

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Damn. All the witty ones have been taken. Huh.
No, we can't be serious for five minutes. We're all like hyperactive school children.

Snack Cake

Jun 9, 2009
There is no discrete event for "The creation of life", so that one is right out. I'd say Newton publishing Principia Mathematica.

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
trexnine said:
Well off the top of my head I'll name some.

The Internet
The Great Depression
Atom and later Hydrogen bomb
The Crusades
The Renaissance

And other stuff starting with 'The'(mostly) in history really.
I agree with the Internet.
And the Atomic Bomb (not only has it forever altered world events, but it has improved science fiction and it's related forms significantly).
The Renaissance.
The invention of agriculture.
The birth of Jesus (it doesn't matter if he's a god or not, that religion has really altered world events).

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
mdk31 said:
Also, all those people saying "creation", you're asking for this: There was no creation. The world, and humans, developed and came into existence through natural means. This is fact.
okay,i admit it, from fish to amphibian,amphibian to lizard,but that's where it stops. mammals came on their own,from another branch of DNA,but i wanna say that monkeys didn't come from another mammal. monkeys then gained this or that adaptation,and then millions of years later, became humans. but god did it. he made that dust particle go to another,and then they kept going into a planet,gave it an atmosphere,made the sea,the air,the creatures. he did it all.

mdk31

Apr 2, 2009
lwm3398 said:
mdk31 said:
okay,i admit it, from fish to amphibian,amphibian to lizard,but that's where it stops. mammals came on their own,from another branch of DNA,but i wanna say that monkeys didn't come from another mammal. monkeys then gained this or that adaptation,and then millions of years later, became humans. but god did it. he made that dust particle go to another,and then they kept going into a planet,gave it an atmosphere,made the sea,the air,the creatures. he did it all.
All the available evidence shows pretty clearly that mammals evolved from reptiles over a space of about 70 million years ago, culminating about 125 million years ago with the first marsupial, from which point mammals existed. Monkeys are a specific group of species of primates. Primates have also been clearly shown to evolve from other mammals. Just as humans, primates ourselves, evolved from earlier primates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_mammals

Don't trust wiki? Go there and read its source material.

Now, where's your evidence that refutes the data? Oh, I'd also like evidence for your assertion that god did it all.

:)

frenchtoast1337

May 28, 2009
The Battle of Tours during the Middle Ages actually prevented the ENTIRE world from becoming Muslim. It was won by Charlemagne and a small militia force vs. the Moors, or Muslims, and their large army.

mdk31

Apr 2, 2009
frenchtoast1337 said:
The Battle of Tours during the Middle Ages actually prevented the ENTIRE world from becoming Muslim. It was won by Charlemagne and a small militia force vs. the Moors, or Muslims, and their large army.
That's a good one, didn't think of that.