Most memorable opening line in a game

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Conza said:
"What about Shepard?" - Mass Effect :D Man, I want to play through that all again, what a game, I think I've beaten it entirely twice now, so so so good, best game.
although the awsomeness of mass effect was kist of lost on me first time around..that opening is definetly the best, its the music...the build up, you know your at the start of somthing huge

assasins creed 2 I think, I actually noticed how awsome the soundtrack was what what a goregous looking game it is

"we live a good life brother...may it never change"

your the main chrachters brother?...yep better get your tombstone ready :p

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Okay, to avoid ninjas let's go for old but awesome:

"Flesh. Bone. Bound together with the oddest magickal incantation. This wretched book is where it all began, so long ago. Before time, before humanity. I am Doctor Edward Roivas. I am a clinical psychologist. I am also dead."

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

and

"Hey! Come on, Harry, buzz me through."
"Watch you got there? Geez, is this guy a mess or what!"
"That's nothing, you should have seen him before."
"Guess he won't be dating again."
"Like he's ever getting out. He's a psycho killer."
"Sweet! What'd he do?"
"That's classified."
"Like you even know. Why do they keep these losers alive?"
"The lab wants him."
"As what, a crash test dummy?"
"Who knows, he's been wired up to a box all summer. Maybe he's curing cancer."
"Hey! Did you see that? Do you think he can hear us?"
"He can hear all he wants..."

Second Sight

EDIT: I will admit though, Mass Effect's: "What about Shepard?" is probably my favourite opening ever.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
synulia said:
"I stick my head out of the gutter for ONE FREAKIN SECOND, and fate shovels SHIT in my face." -Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
I remember that one and I never even seriously played GTAVC.

"War has changed."
- Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Censorme

Nov 19, 2009
I'm always bitching on this site about how I want to play this game again with better hardware and more quests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrA9Jdilk0

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
s0p0g said:
Soviet Heavy said:
s0p0g said:
"I am Gabriel Angelos, Captain of the Blood Ravens."

awesome because of the awesomeness that comes afterwards; and great voice acting by Paul Dobson
As awesome as the Dobson Brothers are, Fred Tatasciore and whoever voiced Azariah Kyras steal the show in Retribution and Chaos Rising. Araghast the Pillager!

No! No one is more epic than a Spess Mahreen!
i think that Dobson's voice is just... fuller, bigger, Spess Mahreen!
that doesn't mean at all that Giles doesn't do a great job; he sounds just like a Daemon prince to be should sound like; heinous, fiendish, cold ^^

but i'll still go with epic ;)
The thing is, I didn't like it when Brian Dobson did Angelos' voice in Dawn of War 2, and when Paul came back in Chaos Rising, he was a little rusty and too deep. Paul finally got the badassery back once Retribution rolled around.

Also, did you know that Michael Dobson did Lord Crull? All three of them have been involved with Dawn of War at one point or another.

PleasantKenobi

Nov 9, 2010
Maleval said:
The Nietzsche quote from the intro cutscene to Baldur's Gate adds some nice pseudo-philosophic flavor to the whole thing.
Swyftstar said:
Ron Pearlman's openings for Fallout games are always pretty cool.
The best in the first page of this thread.

jacilon

Aug 8, 2011
War, never changes

3 mins later

War is always changing

Wheres a space sim when you need it

Rosco IIIrd

Dec 14, 2010
I'll be here...
Why?
I'll be...'waiting'...here
For What?
I'll be waiting for you...so...
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
anthony87 said:
Always this, forever and ever amen;

EDIT: Oh..opening line. Well I look silly right now...
So many good memories. Thanks man, even if it wasn't a line.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
I was born 87 years ago. For 65 years I've ruled as Tamriel's emperor, but for all these years, I've never been the ruler of my own dreams. I have seen the gates of Oblivion, beyond which no waking eye may see. Behold, in darkness, a doom sweeps the land. This is the 27th of Last Seed, the year of Akatosh, 433. These are the closing days of the third era, and the final hours of my life.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
I can see that Ron Perlman's Fallout Intros and the G-Man from HL2 are already down here. Nothing to add really.

RachaelIsaacHill

Jun 27, 2011
"I was born 87 years ago. For 65 years I've ruled as Tamriel's emperor, but for all these years, I've never been the ruler of my own dreams. I have seen the gates of Oblivion, beyond which no waking eye may see. Behold, in darkness, a doom sweeps the land. This is the 27th of Last Seed, the year of Akatosh, 433. These are the closing days of the third era, and the final hours of my life."

Patrick Stewart can command himself one mighty fine monologue.