Most memorable opening line in a game

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Hmmmm, most memorable...
The ones I remember the best are the ones that I watched a thousand bloody times cuz I couldn't skip them, but those don't count.
I'd say it would have to be the intro of Starcraft 2.
"Hell... its about time..." reminds me of 10 years of waiting, everything that has lead up to the moment, and makes me think about everything that will follow.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
"Musn't Forget, Musn't Forget, some things are not to be forgotten. My name is.... Is... Daniel. My name is Daniel. I must stop him, I must. I live in London at... At... Mayfair. My name is... I am Daniel."
- Amnesia the Dark Descent. Also, yes, I beat that fucker.

"Let's Rock"
- Duke Nukem 3D With Song.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
"I am at the crossroads between reality, and a dream."

The instant I heard these words in Dreamfall I knew I was in for a ride. Not a dream-inside-a-dream though, that would be dumb.

synulia

Mar 1, 2011
Xaryn Mar said:
Hey chief. You okay? You playing corpse or you putting the blinds on the dusties? I thought you where a deader for sure.
Planescape: Torment!

Damn I loved that little skull guy.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
"HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE."

-I Have No Mouth and Must Scream

"In the beginning, the world was without form, and void...But the sun shone upon
the sleeping Earth, and deep inside the brittle crust, massive forces waited to be
unleashed. The seas parted and great continents were formed. The continents shifted,
mountains arose. Earthquakes spawned massive tidal waves. Volcanoes erupted and
spewed forth fiery lava, and charged the atmosphere with strange gases. Into this
swirling maelstrom of Fire and Air and Water, the first stirrings of life appeared: tiny
organisms, cells, and amoeba, clinging to tiny sheltered habitats. But the seeds of life
grew, and strengthened, and spread, and diversified, and prospered, and soon every
continent and climate teemed with Life. And with life came instinct, and specialization,
natural selection, Reptiles, Dinosaurs, and Mammals, and finally there evolved a species
known as Man. And there appeared the first faint glimmers of Intelligence. The fruits of
intelligence were many: fire, tools, and weapons; the hunt, farming, and sharing of food;
the family, the village, and the tribe. Now it required but one more ingredient: a great
Leader, to unite the quarreling tribes, to harness the power of the land, to build a legacy
that would stand the test of time: a Civilization."

-Civilization

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
The Adventures of Bayou Billy! *8 bit gunshot/breaking glass*

This game was so horrid, yet awesome when I got it for my 8th birthday. To this day, many many years after the NES, my brother and I still say this was the best opening of a game ever (because we're insane, clearly...)

Hijax

Jun 1, 2009
"You've made your last delivery, kid. Sorry you got twisted up in this scene. From where you're kneeling it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck. But, truth is...the game was rigged from the start."
BLAM.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
aftohsix said:
Assassin's Creed 2

"It is a good life we lead brother" -Ezio's brother

"The best. May it never change." -Ezio

"And may it never change us." Ezio's brother. Cue sweeping orchestral score.

First time I can say I felt like I was playing a movie
This definitely. It gave me chills the first time I played it. Also 'war, war never changes' from Fallout.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Conker's Bad Fur Day opening was pretty awesome.

Well ? there I am ? Conker the king, king of all the land! Who'd have thought that? "But how did it come to this?", I hear ya say. "And who are those strange fellows that surround my throne?", that you also say. Well, it's a long story. Come closer, and I'll tell ya.

It all started ? yesterday, and what a day that was. It's what I call ? A Bad Fur Day.

It's better with the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9WAfpUIXcM[/youtube]

Raziel Evernight

Jun 21, 2011
"I am Raziel, first-born of his lieutenants. I stood with Kain and my brethren at the dawn of the empire. I have served him a millennium. Over time, we became less human and more...divine. Kain would enter the state of change and emerge with a new gift. Some years after the master, our evolution would follow. Until I had the honor of surpassing my lord. For my transgression, I earned a new kind of reward...agony. There was only one possible outcome - my eternal damnation. I, Raziel, was to suffer the fate of traitors and weaklings - to burn forever in the bowels of the Lake of the Dead."

To this day I remember how evil and scary that game was... and how the voice acting was impossibly great.