Most memorable opening line in a game

Jan 29, 2009
"This is HQ to any available units: we have Mechs down at Nav Gamma. Bravo Cadet reports 4 subjects on site. Bandits are hostile. Repeat: Bandits are hostile."
*explodey mech carnage*

Mechwarrior 2, of course.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
"This is HQ to any available units. We have mechs down at Nav Gamma. Bravo Cadet reports four Summoners on site. Bandits are hostile. Repeat;Bandits ARE hostile."

EDIT

Singularly Datarific said:
"This is HQ to any available units: we have Mechs down at Nav Gamma. Bravo Cadet reports 4 subjects on site. Bandits are hostile. Repeat: Bandits are hostile."
*explodey mech carnage*

Damn you,ninja. Damn you.

deadmanreaper13

May 18, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwaYMjHkuQ8
A beginning that tells the story using only a Chicken. That is storytelling!

clypog

Nov 12, 2010
"I'll be here..."
"Why...?"
"I'll be 'waiting'... here..."
"For what?"
"I'll be waiting... for you...so... if you come here... you'll find me."
"I promise."

Already posted on page 8.

Final Fantasy 8

zajohnson

Mar 31, 2011
So much to do, so little time... Take your time. Don't be afraid. The door is still shut. Now step forward, can you do it?"
Kingdom Hearts 1

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Well I'm not sure if it counts but I loved in Jak 2 when daxter saves Jak and his first ever words are "I'M GONNA KILL PRAXIS!". In fact I loved everything about that game.

FreeDoM.

Jul 3, 2010
"Bizarre murder cases have recently occurred in Raccoon city. There are outlandish reports of families being attacked by a group of about 10 people, victims.. we're apparently eaten."

Searinox0

Mar 8, 2011
I always liked the opening monologues from the Sword of the Stars expansions, first one not as much though.

Born of Blood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijAYZimvpww&feature=related
Murder of Crows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYgti3MKCDg&fmt=18

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
I've seen the opening lines of HL2 posted all over the first page alone, so I won't be saying that I guess.

I know, "Good Morning, and welcome to the Black Mesa Transit System."

Either that or "C'mon newcomer, follow me."

Two games I literally grew up playing. Wonder if anyone will get the 2nd... (The first one is pretty damn obvious.)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
God damn ninjas taking my HF2 and AC and Fallout...

Would Diablo 2 "From that moment, we traveled together, East. Always... into the East." count?

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
Riddle78 said:
"This is HQ to any available units. We have mechs down at Nav Gamma. Bravo Cadet reports four Summoners on site. Bandits are hostile. Repeat;Bandits ARE hostile."

EDIT

Singularly Datarific said:
*explodey mech carnage*

Damn you,ninja. Damn you.
Mechwarrior2 YES!!! I LOVE THAT GAME!!!