Most milked franchise

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
Right now it's Halo. The franchise is, for all intents and purposes, over. Master Chief finished the fight, we learnt about the ODST of earth and what happened on Reach, we've had books about more Halo related events and we've had animated shorts as well. The franchise was well over ... when suddenly a wild Halo 4 - 5 - 6 appears.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
Guitar Hero. I hate to say it, because GH2 and 3 are some of my favourite games. They put out like 20 titles from 2007-2010

Halo is about to be milked. The first 3 were good, ODST was a nice side-story, Wars was a nice attempt and Reach was a great tie-off for the franchise. The announcement of more games, to me, is risking destroying the reputation of a great series - kind of like those TV shows that run on too long and end up crap.

Mario. Main platformers = good. Keep these. Mario kart and RPGs are good too. All the other Mario spinoffs should probably be destroyed.

jj90

Oct 24, 2008
any other nintendos games really

mario
metroid
sonic
zelda
etc...etc...

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Reincarnatedwolfgod said:
halo (if i remember correctly reach was suppose to be the last game but it's not so it will get there eventually if they keep make more)
Time for another correction of this point (everyone seems ignorant of it): Bungie said that Reach would be THEIR last Halo game. When they left, Microsoft nabbed the IP and handed it to 343 industries (presumably giggling psychopathically) who then proceeded to to start making a whole new series of games.

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
What about the EA sports games, how much "new" stuff do they put in? All they put in is an updated roster and call it a full game at full price.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Someone explain to me how Halo counts as milking a franchise. Might be getting our definitions wrong but Halo still has some unexplained plot and keeps adding new and improved things.

Also, Fifa may be milking but it still adds new features each year.

William Catching said:
Warhammer 40K: Halo, only darker and better
Are you implying that Warhammer 40,000 is a darker and better version of Halo? You sir just crossed a line.

Warhammer 40,000 Release Date:1987.
Halo Release Date:2001.

Do some research before accusing a franchise of copying another.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
In my opinion; Mario, Zelda, call of duty, and any yearly sports game sports game.

standokan

May 28, 2009
The Simpsons, I like the older ones but the new ones are just horrible, I mean they have done literaly EVERYTHING.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Fear not for the milked cow! Fear only that it be mistreated and produce milk both sour and rancid, and thus inferior quality games be made.

Joy for the milked cow then, that it be fed the choicest grass and has at it's beck and call many kind farmhands to help usher forth its creative and nourishing juices, so that all gamers may enjoy.

That said: Madden. And really, a number of sports titles that do little to improved their respective series and are little more than cash grabs.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Almost every nintendo and sport games(mostly mario and FIFA IMO)

All of the new call of duty games are poor attempts to recreate COD 4

and:

Final Fantasy,Duke nukem,Might & Magic,Naruto(played alot of them),dragon ball,Star Wars

Crelda

May 21, 2009
Timedraven 117 said:
Crelda said:
I disagree with anybody who has said Final Fantasy. Sure there are alot of games all with the same title and are all JRPGs but they mix up the art styles, story and gameplay too much for any of the games to be considered so similar that they could be considered milking anything.

In fact if you look at the FF games they have produced recently they are a perfect indication that SquareEnix aren't milking the franchise. They aren't just following the same formula and instead opting to try new things. Admittedly they aren't working for alot of people but my point stands.

I somewhat feel that if they were trying to be more like the older games in the series then they would probably make better games...
they dont even bother to change the name... and i now absoloutly hate captcha
I would much prefer that I can identify all the JRPGs made by one company and a similar design team by them having the same title than having each game with a different title and having to look this stuff up.
I'm not too sure how great subtitles for each game would be either. Half of them would just have crystal in the name...

Matthew Dunn

Apr 1, 2011
Nouw said:
Someone explain to me how Halo counts as milking a franchise. Might be getting our definitions wrong but Halo still has some unexplained plot and keeps adding new and improved things.

Also, Fifa may be milking but it still adds new features each year.

William Catching said:
Warhammer 40K: Halo, only darker and better
Are you implying that Warhammer 40,000 is a darker and better version of Halo? You sir just crossed a line.

Warhammer 40,000 Release Date:1987.
Halo Release Date:2001.

Do some research before accusing a franchise of copying another.
Thank god you said that before i raged
jeasus ya think people would look things up before spea -looks back at the thing- oh yea

I would say that the character that is mario is milked more than the games he is in

Call of duty: How can you fix what isnt broken
IM NOT A FANBOY im just saying thats the truth
But i would think they should have made a fully multiplayer game by now
Get rid of the story and have different eras of weapons (WWI to future :p)
then no more sequels
unless they make a major change then thats allowed to make a new version

Any sports game is just the same really

I am also a big fan of sonic.. shame about his crap games (SEGA MEGADRIVE VERSION FTW)

Final Fantasy isnt Milked really its just a The same name a slightly bigger number on a different game in the same game world(ish)

(Hides in the Flame Bunker)

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
SpaceBat said:
Guitar Hero
Call of Duty
Halo

Calcium said:
The Mario RPGs...
Haven't there only been 4 Mario RPG's in 11 years?
I'm not sure, but just as Halo Wars is a part of the Halo franchise, the Mario rpgs are a part of the Mario franchise.

EcoEclipse said:
Calcium said:
The Mario RPGs...
Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa whoa. Stop right there.

Those are some good fuckin' games and you know it.
I havn't actually played them although I've only heard good things about them. Anyway, it wasn't meant to be a 'Mario sucks' list - I like Mario Kart myself despite thinking the franchise is overused.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Tetris. It's everywhere, Mario may have a few titles to his name but Tetris has thousands of versions of the exact same game spread out over various platforms.

I love Tetris, but you can't argue that it's definitely not the most widespread game ever made.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I can name a few which I think they are waay to overdone: Mario,Zelda,Halo,Call of Duty,Final Fantasy.

And yet people still buy these games and play them after so many years,even though the only changes are a few gameplay mechanics and some graphical tweaks.