Most Underrated Games

titaniumChampion

Nov 27, 2009
Shenmue series. I find it funny that the most recent mention of the game is comparing how much it cost to produce. Shenmue was a really good story, and I'd like to see it finished. Sadly the Dreamcast was under-appreciated, and short-lived. It produced a lot of my favorite games though.

I'm glad that the Yakuza series exists in lieu of a new Shenmue game.

andeve3

Jul 14, 2010
Anah said:
Metro 2033 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.214459-a-Taffer-reviews-Metro-2033] is underrated. Quite literally, if you look at the score it gets from review sites.

Personal opinion though.

/shrug
That game looks awesome, atmospheric and challenging.

Tribalism

Mar 15, 2010
Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2. It was a beautiful game that no one I know acknowledges outside of the internet. The story was a bit cheesy, but if you could overlook that, it was a varied and fun game that apparently improved a lot on the original Dark Cloud (which I never played).

MongodPenguin

Jul 23, 2010
If you had a Gamecube and four controllers the amount of fun you could have with The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures was seriously unreal. Also Time Splitters 2.

Edit: And four friends... Or family member's you'd want to play with!

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
rabidmidget said:
Strange, usually someone has said Psychonauts by now.
That's because it wasn't underrated, in fact it got excellent reviews. The problem was it was underadvertised.

qazcake

Oct 28, 2009
i got one none of you guys have ever seen. its called extmination.It's a 2001 ps2 game and i have never met someone else who played and enjoyed it as much as i did.

titaniumChampion

Nov 27, 2009
qazcake said:
i got one none of you guys have ever seen. its called extmination.It's a 2001 ps2 game and i have never met someone else who played and enjoyed it as much as i did.
I had this game. It was an awesome game I picked up when I first bought my PS2 years ago. I was really impressed with how good the game looked and played. The only issue I ever had was constantly running out of ammo, and having to swipe at enemies with the knife was a *****. The character did a swipe from the ground up, if memory serves.

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
How about Suikoden Tierkreis, it's a DS game with full voice acting and great characters/plot/art. Yet most of my friends have never even heard of it. Also Golden Sun, though it is getting a sequel soon.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Super Double Dragon on the Snes.

They never made such a level of Perfection in brawlers ever again.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
acklumos said:
Dark Cloud 2. No one I know has ever heard of it.
I had it and... well. It's became so tedious that i sold it to a friend. He loved it. Alas, that copy was stolen from him. He never find out who the culprit was.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Tribalism said:
Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2. It was a beautiful game that no one I know acknowledges outside of the internet. The story was a bit cheesy, but if you could overlook that, it was a varied and fun game that apparently improved a lot on the original Dark Cloud (which I never played).
I enjoyed the first one better. Still, those are rare game.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Blemontea said:
Nier, GAMEINFORMER IS FULL OF LIES! LIES I TELL YOU! along with one of my personal favorites, Chibi-Robo not sure if its underrated or if people just think its average but it makes picking up trash fun, and being a little robot interacting with toys funner, it awesome.
I heard bad review all around, can you elaborate why you love Nier?

HG131 said:
It seems that you've NEIRly gone mad!
Ye-outch! I sure hope that you left your sense of humor in another pair of pants before you wrote that.