Most unfair and cheap enemies ever?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
AnAngryMoose said:
Jonluw said:
How do you even kill those on insane difficulty?
I completely forgot about them. Once you hit wave 40 in Horde they become impossible to kill. They one-shot you like a ************.
The last time I played - 2 players on hardcore - I only reached wave 10.
I thought horde ended with wave 12 though...
I seem to recall playing with a friend a long time ago, and getting to wave 12, at which point the game ended.

Dr. Win

Jan 2, 2011
Koga's Muk from Pokemon Fire Red, most people who've played through Fire Red know what I mean.

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
Krogans in ME1 and the Vorcha from ME2.

Krogans nearly always used the ability to reduce damage by 50-80%, along with regenerating their health when they were killed, then sometimes using the damage reduction ability again... And then there's a portion of the game where you had to fight three at once in a narrow corridor and they just charge your ass.

And then the Vorcha may not have had either of those abilities, but they regenerate health too damn quickly on higher difficulties, and the amount of them can build up at parts where it's fairly difficult to take a single one down without all the others around slaughtering your own health first. Then if you manage to actually get their health down to a point a single shot more would be enough, by the time you've waited for your health to regen, their's has too.

I found certain Blood Pack battles tougher than the final boss thanks to their various health related powers.

CanHasDIY

May 7, 2010
Communist partisan said:

'nuff said...
Ah, yes, the original cheap *****... good one.

The first thing that came to my mind would be the AI in Need For Speed: Underground 2. They leave you alone until you start kicking too much ass, at which point they turn into a bunch of fucking kamikaze pilots who are no longer interested in winning the race, but rather making sure the player DOESN'T win. Fucking fucks.

That, and creepers from Minecraft, specifically the ones on this server I like to play on... must have creeper bait for an ass. Seriously, every time I get within 3-4 blocks of someone's house, I get swarmed by the fuckers (and someone ends up having to replace large portions of their walls).

Needless to say, I've all but been banished from the settlement.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Dindril said:
and archers in Mount and Blade: Warband.
Really? It's not like they're accurate or anything. I dunno, I have no problem with them. I just lead my cavalry crashing into their ranks.
Meatstorm said:
CLIFFRACERS from morrowind!!!
Wendigo172 said:
But really, in Morrowind, the cliff racers were pretty nasty once they started to swarm you.
Why does everyone hate the cliff racers? I never had a big problem.
My cheap enemy? Higher level monsters on Oblivion (trolls and such). Leveling with me is just cheating. It means I never get powerful enough to clear a nest or something... Unless I cheat my build. I want to say creepers, but they work as a horrifying "please god no" enemy.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
God of War comes to mind. Not so much certain enemies, but the fact that when certain ones can freeze you or turn you to stone, if you get it before you break out of it, you are instantly dead. But if I freeze enemies or if they turn into stone, I still have to hit them the same number of times it usually would to kill them.

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
UncleUlty said:
Nifty said:
UncleUlty said:
The entire enemy list for Ninja Gaiden,a laundry list of things designed to get on your tits.
Nah, none of the enemies are cheap. Sure it's hard enough to shape or break you and Alma will straight up ruin your shit the first time you meet her but there's no attack on there that you can't dodge.

Sorry I should have specified that I was referring to the old NES games, where enemy placement was ball bustlingly annoying and enemies infinity re spawned.
Ah, touché, sir.

zyoto12

Aug 23, 2009
Grenaidiers from Raze's Hell. Big fat teddy bear things that could throw grenades across the grand canyon. Then they got grenade launchers and their reach knew no bounds.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Zig13 said:
I have got to submit the end boss from Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force. While he stands behind an impenetrable force field he makes the land underneath you explode - great
ENSIGN MUNROE!

:p

OT:

Fucking Zubats & Golbats from ANY Pokemon game.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
This game, and the wespes in the later waves. http://www.kongregate.com/games/urbz/mud-and-blood-2 If you plan on playing this get ready for some unfair, random brutality.

Meatstorm

Jan 4, 2009
brunothepig said:
Dindril said:
and archers in Mount and Blade: Warband.
Really? It's not like they're accurate or anything. I dunno, I have no problem with them. I just lead my cavalry crashing into their ranks.
Meatstorm said:
CLIFFRACERS from morrowind!!!
Wendigo172 said:
But really, in Morrowind, the cliff racers were pretty nasty once they started to swarm you.
Why does everyone hate the cliff racers? I never had a big problem.
My cheap enemy? Higher level monsters on Oblivion (trolls and such). Leveling with me is just cheating. It means I never get powerful enough to clear a nest or something... Unless I cheat my build. I want to say creepers, but they work as a horrifying "please god no" enemy.
I hate cliffracers because:
-They spot you easily from afar
-They are fast and cannot be outrunned
-(maybe just me) but it seems hit detection against them works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't (especially with some smaller weapons)
-Overall they are VERY frequent encounter

Anthony English

Apr 3, 2010
Beserkers From Gears of War (original) im glad they toned them down because those things were seriously messed up, Who would put one in an enclosed space, thats just mean.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
The Lust Demons from Dante's Inferno were a major pain in the ass. They dodged like all your attacks, attacked super quickly, and on normal difficulty and up, had stupid amounts of health. The only way to beat them without snapping your controller in half is to lower the difficulty to easy, or to get the item that makes it so that enemies can't dodge your attacks.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
The Halo 2 Jackal Snipers were the first things that came to mind even before I saw you wrote it.