Most unfriendly online community

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
LordNue said:
I'm going with WoW just because it's rare to see a game where not only will people who want to win just insult you, but they'll actively sabotage a whole game just to try and prove how terrible you are.
I just hate some people on WoW.

I was doing an Heroic instance as DPS, when our tank fails miserably and our healer dies. Since I was Paladin, I quickly switched to healing. But I was inexperienced in how you are supposed to heal in that fight and we all died.

Then the tank, who is to blame for everything in the first place, begins to accuse me of ruining the game. Then the tank insults me, calls me a noob, then leaves.

Thor.

Aug 19, 2009
The Buck Stops Here said:
Thor. said:
forums.khinsider.com

At least at 4chan there's some anonymity and everyone is there for laughs. This place is run by 4chan fanboys who for some reason feel the need to prove that they are superior to everyone else.
Wow, looks like somebody's a little mad. I've been to this forum before, and even though I was banned from it, it's a pretty great community. The admins and mods do fuck with people at times, but it's really only those who either A: truly deserve it or B: have just been so terribly annoying that the whole community doesn't like them. I'm assuming you're one of the above.
Friendly aren't you? There's a lot of abuse of power on that site. It bugs me. Lets try not to make things personal huh?

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
Fucking B3ta, which is a shame because most of the memes (or bandwagons as they tend to get called on there) are genuinely very funny. But the forums are the most hostile I've ever been on. Basically if you don't have a paid-for badge you just have abuse hurled at you until you leave. There's absolutely no discussion value either, every post reads like some fucker's Facebook status.

The paid-for badge thing is why I was initially opposed to the Publisher's Club on here, but it would appear I underestimated my fellow Escapists as it hasn't changed a thing in the forums.

'Stache

Apr 29, 2009
Valve's community isn't conventionally unfriendly, but its peculiar breed of soul-sapping entitlement and cynicism - regarding some of the best games ever made - will destroy your happiness faster and far more completely than simple rudeness ever could.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Thor. said:
Bek359 said:
Thor. said:
forums.khinsider.com

At least at 4chan there's some anonymity and everyone is there for laughs. This place is run by 4chan fanboys who for some reason feel the need to prove that they are superior to everyone else.
Obvious troll is obvious. Do not feed.
Nah, not a Troll. Just sharing.
Oh, wait, sorry. Thought you were referring to the Escapist as 4chan elitist fanboys, not the site you listed. My apologies.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with Machinima or not but basically they're a website whose primary purposes is showcasing machinimas (obviously) and games journalism, I originally subscribed to them to follow DigitalPh33r but he discontinued Arby 'N the Chief so now I don't really watch any of their videos. Whenever I do watch one of their videos if its gameplay no matter how good the guy is some 10-year-old is always calling him a noob and insisting he can do better, and on every game preview there's always on "lookz liek a gai game" post and an ensuing flame war, I haven't had much experience with 4Chan so this is probably the most unfriendly community I've come across.

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
GameFAQs isn't so bad. If you need help with a game, just be articulate and point out that you checked the FAQs and the search option, and somebody will answer your question.

As for most unfriendly online community...I'd have to go with either FMyLife or Pharyngula. I'm sure there are worse, but not in the shallow waters of the Internet.

masterchevyman

May 9, 2009
probibly the people that play alliance in WoW. a vile combination of homophobia, the "im better than everyone else" complex and nerd rage (doesn't play wow anymore)

Thor.

Aug 19, 2009
ejb626 said:
I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with Machinima or not but basically they're a website whose primary purposes is showcasing machinimas (obviously) and games journalism, I originally subscribed to them to follow DigitalPh33r but he discontinued Arby 'N the Chief so now I don't really watch any of their videos. Whenever I do watch one of their videos if its gameplay no matter how good the guy is some 10-year-old is always calling him a noob and insisting he can do better, and on every game preview there's always on "lookz liek a gai game" post and an ensuing flame war, I haven't had much experience with 4Chan so this is probably the most unfriendly community I've come across.
Well like people have said 4chan isn't really a community, or meant to be taken seriously at all. Plus being anonymous makes any insults kinda pointless.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Hawkeye16 said:
What do the Escapists think is the most unfriendly online community? Be it a game or a website. I say MW2. Im a Halo veteran so I thought I was ready for any asshole I could meet in a videogame. I was wrong, dead wrong.
Modern Warfare for sure. I got told to stop playing the game because I was level 30. WTF is up with that, He was level 30 at one point, stupid assrole.

That or the newgrounds forum. Good god that place was full of assroles.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Hawkeye16 said:
mikecoulter said:
Anyone on Live. I don't really run into any dooshes on the PSN.
Bullshit. Also *douche.
No, it's my personal experience. Unless you know my life better than I do?

Nice three word post by the way. *Douche.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Left 4 Dead, I detest that community.

I've long since given up trying to play it online, instead it's used for split screen when I get friends round on the XBOX.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
orangebandguy said:
Left 4 Dead, I detest that community.

I've long since given up trying to play it online, instead it's used for split screen when I get friends round on the XBOX.
I never play l4d online when not in a team of 4 friends becasue everyone badmouths and team kills. Do you get the same problem?

ShrapnelHound

Apr 21, 2010
I found gears of war was the worst, i got it quite late and just constant abuse when i was starting off, turned me right off the game