Most Useless Power in a game?

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
What's the most useless power you've come across in a game? I'm sure there are some that are utterly useless....

like many RPG's will make the ability to dual-wield a power, when really that should be something you can do anyways, especially if you're a barbarian type character.

Or Mass Effect's 'damping'.... didn't seem to be much effective for me.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Star Fox.

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Never done one, and don't see why I would need to.

God I love peppys voice when he says it though.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
rokkolpo said:
Contun said:
rokkolpo said:
how-bout splash (pokemon)
This and self-destruct.
yeah i never got that move.....
you,d always end up hurting youreself more then youre opponent.
That's why (if I used it(not that often)) I went with Explosion.

OT: The regular Power Beam from Metroid Prime. Once you get the others, you don't really feel like going back to it.
WanderFreak said:
Alone in the Dark and the ability to blink.
I never played Alone in the Dark so I couldn't have put that.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Thermal Vision in Prototype, what the hell am i suppose to use it for? I found the Infected Vision WAY more useful.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
In Dragon Warrior Monsters some of the monsters could learn a move that turns them into nmetal for a few turns.
they were compleatly invuonarable but after they turned back THEIR TURN WAS OVER!
so it did no good cuz they could be hit with the same attack they tried to avoid as soon as they turned back.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
gigastrike said:
TPiddy said:
Or Mass Effect's 'damping'.... didn't seem to be much effective for me.
Really? That's the only easy way to kill a Kroagan!
I didn't have too much of a problem with Krogans... I tended to use biotics a lot on them, but what I didn't like about the tech branch was that too many powers were specific to certain enemy types... like overload.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
Musselmass in Prototype. Yeah, you do more hand to hand damage and can throw stuff with increased efficiency but as Mr. Croshaw pointed out, once you get the extendo tentacle, what is the point? I used Musselmass once when I first got it to see if it was any good and the only other time it got a look-in was by mistake.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Fallout 3 had some pretty useless perks.... like Rad Regeneration.... sure you don't have to waste stimpaks to heal your limbs, but the perk was useless because the radiation level required to heal your limbs gave you horrible stat withdrawals.

They also have one that removes the withdrawal effect from alcohol, and Child at Heart was pretty useless too.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009