Most Useless Power in a game?

Satin6T

May 5, 2009

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Pifflestick said:
Electric Shock on Bioshock. Now, I'm not saying that its a bad power but once you get Winter Blast it becomes useless because you can freeze the guy and smash him to bits with your wrench/shotgun/crossbow. Sure you lose the loot but I never needed any of that shit anyways.
Really? Since I found Electrobolt to be quite usefull since I'd hit the water to take out lots of people. It made things a little easier when everything was a puddle.

Cabamacadaf

Mar 17, 2009
Quick Ben said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
The hammer, claw, and musclemass in Prototype. Once you got the sword and the whip, there wasn't really a point to use anything else.
I'm with you on the claws and hammerfists, but why all the hate on musclemass. It's awesome! Coupled with enough combos and fighting moves it's way better than blade for dealing heavy damage to a few strong enemies. Those super soldiers go down like flies!
Yeah, and it's also the most effective weapon against helicopters.

Table Chair

Jul 8, 2009
I've never used Protect in Pokemon. You make yourself immume to damge for one turn, but during that turn you can't do damage. Unless the ememy is poisned ,burned etc its useless. I've never understood how it could be used

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
That super power you always get late in an adventure game that you never have much opportunity to use.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Quick Ben said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
The hammer, claw, and musclemass in Prototype. Once you got the sword and the whip, there wasn't really a point to use anything else.
I'm with you on the claws and hammerfists, but why all the hate on musclemass. It's awesome! Coupled with enough combos and fighting moves it's way better than blade for dealing heavy damage to a few strong enemies. Those super soldiers go down like flies!
It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that it wasn't very effective against tanks and such. Swords could destroy them in 1 hit, while musclemass took about 2 or 3 cars hurled.

TheDarkAngel

Sep 26, 2009
I would have to disagree with those people saying that status spells within Final Fantasy games are useless, I have been playing a few of them lately and find they are quite helpful.

One example is the Ochu in FF10, sending them to sleep and pounding them with spells will not wake them up as opponents only awake from slumber from a physical attack.

Another would be the use of poison against enemies that have HUGE amounts of HP (Such as the worms from Bikanel Island 45,000 health and only doing like 1,000 to 2,000 per hit whereas poison takes off 4,500)

You just need to know what the best time is to use them, not rely on them all the time.

In my opinion though, although not the worst you can get, the reflect spell can be a hinderance as any healing spells you may cast will bounce off and heal the enemy.

Again, many abilites are not bad, its just a matter of knowing how to use them.

Pifflestick

Jun 10, 2008
notyouraveragejoe said:
Pifflestick said:
Electric Shock on Bioshock. Now, I'm not saying that its a bad power but once you get Winter Blast it becomes useless because you can freeze the guy and smash him to bits with your wrench/shotgun/crossbow. Sure you lose the loot but I never needed any of that shit anyways.
Really? Since I found Electrobolt to be quite usefull since I'd hit the water to take out lots of people. It made things a little easier when everything was a puddle.
After I got Winter Blast I didn't use any other plasmid. I beat the entire game with just Winter Blast and Crossbow. The only time I used any other plasmid was on the end boss.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Pifflestick said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
Pifflestick said:
After I got Winter Blast I didn't use any other plasmid. I beat the entire game with just Winter Blast and Crossbow. The only time I used any other plasmid was on the end boss.
Ah okay. I couldn't do that. I found it fun to just muck around and use as much stuff as I could. Especially the shooty bee thing. That was cool

TheBarefootBandit

May 20, 2009
The Wind Up move in inFamous if you're a good guy. Did loads of damage but took to long to charge making it useless against the final boss. Arghhhh.

mobsterlobster

Sep 13, 2009
How about Peach's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? It gives loads of food to heal yourself, but it goes all over the map so all the other fighters can heal themselves too. This is Smash Bros Brawl, not Smash Bros Banquit!

Also has anyone else noticed iJosh's probation message?

"User was put on probation for: Cross-dressing."

Just made me giggle a bit because I'm kinda childish like that.