Most useless weapons in gaming

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Ruairi iliffe said:
Counterstrike Source : That utterly pointless and useless Mac-10

EvE Online: Snow ball launcher

Shadowstar38 said:
The crobar/wrench/any melee weapon they give me in an FPS before I actually get a gun. Whats the point?
I found S.T.A.L.K.E.R's Starting knife the best thing next to sliced bread, Instant stealth kills and awesome for opening much needed ammo boxes.
Sharp weapons I dont have a problem with. Its just that when I get a stupid blunt force weapon at the begining instead of a low level pistol or even a knife it drives me crazy. I end up never using it again.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
The handbag from dead rising 2. Using your fists is a better option. At least your fists don´t degrade as fast as a grandma on redbull.

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
Shadowstar38 said:
Ruairi iliffe said:
Counterstrike Source : That utterly pointless and useless Mac-10

EvE Online: Snow ball launcher

Shadowstar38 said:
The crobar/wrench/any melee weapon they give me in an FPS before I actually get a gun. Whats the point?
I found S.T.A.L.K.E.R's Starting knife the best thing next to sliced bread, Instant stealth kills and awesome for opening much needed ammo boxes.
Sharp weapons I dont have a problem with. Its just that when I get a stupid blunt force weapon at the begining instead of a low level pistol or even a knife it drives me crazy. I end up never using it again.
Then i'll use an example from your examples, the Half-life crowbar, great for Ammo boxes for much needed rounds, and awesome for Mid-air headcrabs. Think i'd be dead thrice over on hard without it.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
The cane in the 1988 NES video game, "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". It is literally USELESS. Oh, wait! You can kill tiny insignificant BEES with it, so I guess it's not completely useless.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
diebane said:
JesterRaiin said:
FatMan from Fallout 3.
It causes "save for later, never use" syndrome. :|
Hm...you're right. You always feel bad when you use it, thinking you just wasted ammo...

I call the poke attack from Worms Armageddon, I think it took away 1 health from the enemy and just pushed him a little.

mfG diebane
Dude, the poking thing from the Worms games was EPIC! Imagine an opponent standing next to an edge, almost full health and everything, then you just come over there and give him a little POKE that sends him to his doom. Better than humiliating people with the knife in the CS games, I tell you.

JustShyofGenius

Aug 4, 2009
Everybody saying the melee weapons in FPS games are mostly useless are patently incorrect. As many have mentioned, the crowbar in Half Life is very useful. I also present the wrench in Bioshock.

pwnatornr1

Jun 30, 2009
ZehMadScientist said:
This thing in the Halo games:

'
what? that was an excellent weapon, no reload, lots of bullets, and they were fucking everywhere! sure, you have to watch for the cooldown and shit, but they did the job!
and my worst weapon is the BB gun in fallout 3. sure, it's a BB gun, but you get 50 rounds for it and that's it. sure, if you could upgrade it to make it more usefull, i could roll with it but giving me a shit gun to use the first 10 minutes, only to sell for less than 10 currency?
no thanks.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
For me, the Archimedes orbital laser cannon was pretty damn useless. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome to see it fire, and cool to know that you just called in an orbital strike, but the single use you got each day wasn't all that effective. It might be able to kill a few Fiends or Powder Gangers, but I could deal with them with a few shots from a scoped rifle (modded out Hunting rifle or Varmint rifle). And it hardly did anything against Radscorpions or Death Claws.

The Long Road

Sep 3, 2010
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedlerrrrrrrrrr...

If you can aim, there is no use for the Needler. And every time Bungie released a new Halo, they said "We changed the Needler so it's useful now!" and it never was.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
A Username Not In Use said:
People are proberbly going to yell at me for this but I don't care;

The Gravity Gun.

Yes everything can be used for ammunition, yes its an impressive use of physics but I found it didn't have much of a punch unless you had a saw blade, difficult to aim and in many cases left me wide open to attack while I was trying to pick up something decent to shoot with from the piles of crap left lying around.
Right you are. they work for throwing explosive barrels, saw blades, opening crates, attracting ammo and health packs and most importantly it works for entertainment value. I completed most of Ravenholm using my trust saw blade and that's the reason I think Ravenholm is the most hilarious part of the game. I really can't get those who find that scary...

OT: most useless weapon I can think of right now must be the razer from Fallout New Vegas.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
A Username Not In Use said:
People are proberbly going to yell at me for this but I don't care;

The Gravity Gun.

Yes everything can be used for ammunition, yes its an impressive use of physics but I found it didn't have much of a punch unless you had a saw blade, difficult to aim and in many cases left me wide open to attack while I was trying to pick up something decent to shoot with from the piles of crap left lying around.
Yes, absolutely this.
I'll add the gravity gun in RF Armageddon - it has the same problem with leaving you exposed for long periods in order to even try using it in combat.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Anything in God of War that wasn't the swords on chains. If the game hadn't physically forced me to use the other alternatives they'd have been gathering dust in, errrr, where the hell does Kratos keep this shit?

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
I played through bioshock with the machine gun, shotgun, camera, wrench and the fire, lightning and enrage plasmids
everything else was unnecessary

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
Nightmare-Child said:
the fork of horripilation from Morrowind. It is completely useless.
It is not - you can kill a giant bull netch with it. That quest was one of the hight points of the whole bloody game for me!