MW2 on PC(From someone who has bought it and is playing it)

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
PC Gamer here.... bought it on Bro's 360...

So far the game is meh... prefered the first. Nothing new, cool maps though and missions. Cliffhanger is awesome.

Activision was made by PC gamers.... now lets see if the console will keep them on top.

Oh and by the way, for you ill informed Console gamers. Most the people that designed this game, modded FPSs on the PC. Just an FYI and a re itteration that most people, especially console gamers, really dont get it. Arguing with them wont solve anything.

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
Fluxxed said:
WlknCntrdiction said:
Yeah, thank god you're a console gamer and a smartass who doesn't get what the deal is about. Go back and play with your coloured buttons now like a good douche:)
bagodix said:
Usually PC gamers seem to be more intelligent, as well as older.
Are we meant to feel sorry for people who act like this?
Not particularly bothered if you don't feel sorry for me, it was in response to yet another console gamer being a smartass and not knowing what was going on but assuming we're all moaning and whining for the sake of it.

I guess I should clarify abit, the multiplayer is ok, but nowhere near as good as it could be if it had dedicated servers, I think every PC gamer who has played it will most likely agree with me there.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
WlknCntrdiction said:
Joining matches is quick, but that's about it. It takes quite a while for the maps to load up and get into the action, and even when you do there is blatant laaaaaaaaag.

The multiplayer is just a bag of fail really.
I didnt think so, was playing it for most of last night and it was fine, whats your connection speed? Mines 7 mb but then again even with that I think the highest connection speed I saw was 4 bars. Wouldn't call it a bag of fail, at all though.

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
KiKiweaky said:
WlknCntrdiction said:
Joining matches is quick, but that's about it. It takes quite a while for the maps to load up and get into the action, and even when you do there is blatant laaaaaaaaag.

The multiplayer is just a bag of fail really.
I didnt think so, was playing it for most of last night and it was fine, whats your connection speed? Mines 7 mb but then again even with that I think the highest connection speed I saw was 4 bars. Wouldn't call it a bag of fail, at all though.
If you read my P.s., I wasn't in the best of moods, playing this "bag of fail" yesterday didn't help but yeah it's not a bag of fail as much, but it's still not a fluid PC gaming experience by any means I don't think. My connection was at 4 bars too.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
WlknCntrdiction said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Well, thank god for being a console gamer!
Yeah, thank god you're a console gamer and a smartass who doesn't get what the deal is about. Go back and play with your coloured buttons now like a good douche:)
I'm fully aware of what's wrong with the PC version. Lag, no lean, 9v9, no mods, no dedicated servers, etc. I feel for you gamers, but at the same time I'm glad I play on consoles. That last sentence was necessary.
Thanks, I actually appreciate the sentiment that you feel sorry for us having to play a game with console level shit mutliplayer. With how bad MW2 online is, I honestly can't understand how multiplayer got so popular on the consoles if this is what it's like. It's fucking retardedly bad.

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
bumping up the price in london and removing dedicated servers. infinity ward really pissed the bed on this one. and not with their rubber sheets on.

gRiM_rEaPeRsco

Jun 11, 2008
Ive been playing MW2 for pc online and i agree. Anyone else annoyed about having to go back to the lobby after every round? even if the round only lasts 2 mins, you go back to the lobby :mad: i miss the 24/7 same map servers

CovertCell

Nov 4, 2009
I have it on PC and my experience with it has been quite good. I've been playing MP and a few matches have had lag but the majority have been lag free. This is a change as my 360 experience with COD4 had no lag except when the host left and the game started to fire you around until the game ended a few seconds later. I have a copy on 360 too but i cant play it until the weekend.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
bagodix said:
Yes, how dare people point out that IW are being douchebags and refuse to give them money. I'm sure this would be unthinkable for console players.
The only reason they are "douchebags" is because they aren't giving you preferential treatment...whilst you can complain, the pathetic "we must have more because the PC used to be bigger than it is now and we still want the same treatment we got then" ideology really ruins a good deal of credibility in my eyes. Not to mention the way you present your argument (see below).

Usually PC gamers seem to be more intelligent, as well as older.
Bullshit, complete bullshit. In fact judging from some of the posts on this thread I'd say those "PC gamers" (posting here) are acting more like spoilt brats than those they claim only exist on consoles, not to mention the pathetic, and immature elitism. Your playing on another games system...congratulations?

IW has gone out of its way to remove pre-existing features, we're not talking about some brand new console game that's lazily ported to the PC with the minimum amount of effort.
Actually that's exactly what has happened, the game is essentially a port of the console versions.
Have you seen the pirating figures for CoD4? Why on earth would they waste all that money creating extras for something that has low sales figures and is pirated frequently; fact is it doesn't make good business sense.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
WlknCntrdiction said:
If you read my P.s., I wasn't in the best of moods, playing this "bag of fail" yesterday didn't help but yeah it's not a bag of fail as much, but it's still not a fluid PC gaming experience by any means I don't think. My connection was at 4 bars too.
Hehe rage post = bad idea, just relax make a cuppa and then if you still wana post fire away.... no if only I coul listen to my own advice <.< but ye then again I played the cod4 on xbox live and then got mw2 for pc so I'm slightly more used to it than you may be.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
D_987 said:
Actually that's exactly what has happened, the game is essentially a port of the console versions.
Have you seen the pirating figures for CoD4? Why on earth would they waste all that money creating extras for something that has low sales figures and is pirated frequently; fact is it doesn't make good business sense.
The problem is, they are making extras. Creating a whole new matchmaking service for the PC takes more work than just setting up a dedicated server browser (and also prevents mods from working well). The leaning and 9vs9, ok, I can deal with having the same thing as consoles, since there's no reason for them to put work into making the PC version way better.

However, putting extra work into making it worse is just bizarre, and that's what they're doing.

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
WlknCntrdiction said:
What gets me is that if it's this laggy with not as many PC gamers on, then just imagine what kind of "experience" the console people are getting with at least 3 times the amount of players(don't quote me on that ¬_¬).
So far the games I've been in have been relativly lag free, which was rather suprising considering the sheer volume of players online.
I do feel bad for the PC community, you guys really got fucked over by IW =[

Jun 11, 2008
WlknCntrdiction said:
Right, before I start, spare me your pity posts and your "how could you?!" crap. Lucky I'm actually taking my time to tell all of you disgruntled PC people what it's like. Anyway, rant over, let's get to the meat.

SinglePlayer:
It's a blast pretty much, though everything I've played at the moment is kinda expected due to the first MW giving us such big set pieces and battles. Everything has been refined to such a degree and then refined some more. Nothing left really to say, I'm trundling along it at a steady pace, no rushing here, think you'll appreciate it that much more if you do the same, but then that's my opinion(which I really shouldn't need to add, people aren't THAT stupid..............on second thoughts).

Spec Ops:
I haven't played it yet so can't comment on it.

Multiplayer:
No doubt(like me)you all were annoyed when IW said there would be no dedicated servers. They said IWnet would be just as good, well I can tell you now that that's a load of balls(as if we didn't already know it would be to begin with). Joining matches is quick, but that's about it. It takes quite a while for the maps to load up and get into the action, and even when you do there is blatant laaaaaaaaag, everywhere, it's just not kosher for a PC game. Like I've said in another thread, I've encountered(so far)enemies skating across the ground, I've fallen through the ground a number of times too, become stuck on geometry for no apparent reason and even got teleported all the way back to the other side of a map by lag. It's not a smooth experience by a long shot. What gets me is that if it's this laggy with not as many PC gamers on, then just imagine what kind of "experience" the console people are getting with at least 3 times the amount of players(don't quote me on that ¬_¬).

The multiplayer is just a bag of fail really. I know though that IW probably won't do anything about it though since we are the minority that will buy the game, they have the money from the console guys to keep them warm instead, which is a shame. If you've gotten used to gaming on dedicated servers then the multiplayer in this game is not for you, not by a long shot, IW need to sort themselves out. I hope people hack this game and make their own servers, it would be all that could save this game really.

P.s. Sorry for being snappy, not having a good day today.
Don't worry on the multiplayer side of things as I have no doubt in my mind this will happen at some stage but from your post the game pretty much turned out how I expected it.

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
KiKiweaky said:
WlknCntrdiction said:
Hehe rage post = bad idea, just relax make a cuppa and then if you still wana post fire away.... no if only I coul listen to my own advice <.< but ye then again I played the cod4 on xbox live and then got mw2 for pc so I'm slightly more used to it than you may be.
It's funny because I did the same thing. Had COD4 on my Xbox(when I still played it), then I built my PC beginning of this year and my Xbox hasn't been touched since, I got MW2 for PC also, not going to get it for Xbox. So I am used to both, just riding me the wrong way how IW would do something silly like this.

qwerty15990

Apr 14, 2009
i play the multi-player and i dont get any of the lag or falling through the map. if it is happening to people though i guess IE will fix it in a patch.