MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
AkaDad said:
Here's a radical thought. If you don't think it's worth paying $60 for MW3, then don't buy it.

I'd rather get a prostate exam then play an RTS game, so I don't buy them and I don't go into threads about those games and whine about how much they suck.
But you go into a thread that states in the thread title that mw3 is no different from mw2 and as such does harness a lot of comments that are like that?

sivlin said:
TinyMAG said:
Dice's Battlefield is the Grandfather of all online multilayer everywhere. We would not have multilayer as we understand it today and I will always thank Dice for that. That being said, few games/brands are as great for the local multi-player parties in the man-cave as CoD:MW. But I digress...
I don't understand your allusion to battlefield innovating multiplayer... If you are talking about servers - Counter-Strike anyone?
Again, fucking Id, stop giving cred to people that don't deserve it(someone most likely did it before Id but Id was the first ones to do it and get a following).

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
kebab4you said:
AkaDad said:
Here's a radical thought. If you don't think it's worth paying $60 for MW3, then don't buy it.

I'd rather get a prostate exam then play an RTS game, so I don't buy them and I don't go into threads about those games and whine about how much they suck.
But you go into a thread that states in the thread title that mw3 is no different from mw2 and as such does harness a lot of comments that are like that?

sivlin said:
TinyMAG said:
Dice's Battlefield is the Grandfather of all online multilayer everywhere. We would not have multilayer as we understand it today and I will always thank Dice for that. That being said, few games/brands are as great for the local multi-player parties in the man-cave as CoD:MW. But I digress...
I don't understand your allusion to battlefield innovating multiplayer... If you are talking about servers - Counter-Strike anyone?
Again, fucking Id, stop giving cred to people that don't deserve it(someone most likely did it before Id but Id was the first ones to do it and get a following).
I came into the thread to point out that they are different. They have different stories and different settings. The premise of the thread is false.

Edit: If this was a thread about Madden NFL, then you would have a good argument that they're the same, because the setting is exactly the same, year to year.

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
Well I can't wait for more COD crack! Looks awesome...new gamemodes and styles of play will be a nice change!

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Obviously next to no-one in this thread actually watched the livestream earlier today. A lot has changed, some people are just too single minded and blind to realise it.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
AkaDad said:
So, different story and different setting means it's not different. I learn something new everyday.
You could argue its a different story, its basically going to be.
"BLAH BLAH BLAH, OLD SUPERPOWER GAINS NUCLEAR BENT ON NUKING THE WHOLE PLANET *reason not explained* So you go across the country, THE ONLY solider in the United of Completely and Utter Democratically Ass Kicking because freedom is for cool kids. And your the only solider who showed up on training day. And your also God in a mortal trench coat.
GO KILL SUPER POWER!"

Which has been the FUCKING story for the most recent games.

AkaDad said:
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:
So, different story and different setting means it's not different. I learn something new everyday.
The game is going to play, for the most part, the same.
You mean the part that makes the game fun?

I'm ok with that.
I mean the part that makes the game shit.
If you say so. I guess it will sell more than any other game, because it sucks.
Its going to sell like fucking hot cakes because kids under a realistic age will force their parents to buy it on launch because it was this or not be popular.

Quality is not sales. Its likely you could makes the best game of the decade and it won't sell OR you could make the worse and it will always sell. Seriously, I'm going to go onto my soapbox and say that most, if not ALL indie games released this decade would kick more ass then this one does. And for a lower cost.

James Gordon

Jul 1, 2011
Can I get something off my chest? Please? Why are we still arguing about MW3 and BF3? Huh? BF3 is probably going to be a better engine (and it shows on PC) but the consoles are getting stuck with half of the Frames per second of MW3 (30FPS-60FPS). So in that regards BF3 might look better on consoles, MW3 Will feel better. Personally I'll get BF3 on my gaming PC and I'll get MW3 on Console.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
C95J said:
Obviously next to no-one in this thread actually watched the livestream earlier today. A lot has changed, some people are just too single minded and blind to realise it.
yeah but didn't you know man? regardless of the fact that they totally changed the way killstreaks are handled, revamped all the perks, added new game modes and totally remade the spec ops mode..even though they did all that, because it's made with the same engine = they're just re-releasing the same game? XD

[/joyous sarcasm]

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
C95J said:

savageoblivi0n said:
yeah but didn't you know man? regardless of the fact that they totally changed the way killstreaks are handled, revamped all the perks, added new game modes and totally remade the spec ops mode..even though they did all that, because it's made with the same engine = they're just re-releasing the same game? XD

[/joyous sarcasm]
This... Seriously, this... They really have changed quite a bit.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
looks like alot of fun, can't wait to do the new SpecOps and the Survival mode and the Multi-player will always be, I mean they added alot

C95J said:
EXACTLY! I saw that, a lot has changed in terms of what you can do in the game. I really don't care that much about it looking like Modern Warfare 2, or all this BF3 vs. MW3 stuff It'll be fun... remember guys? The reason why we buy and play games because of the fun.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
AkaDad said:
I came into the thread to point out that they are different. They have different stories and different settings. The premise of the thread is false.

Edit: If this was a thread about Madden NFL, then you would have a good argument that they're the same, because the setting is exactly the same, year to year.

Your essentially making the argument for us.....

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
This looks SO GOOD. All my worries about it are now mostly gone.

And before anyone else complains, they really changed a lot. Killstreaks, spec-ops, game types, new modes, it looks great. Also, the guns SOUND a lot better, which is good for me because I often don't like CoD gun sounds.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
And here comes the lolCoD trolls making the same stupid jokes of "Cool mod/DLC. Wheres MW3? lololololol" and the such.

There's only so much you can do to a sequel. I for one actually enjoyed MW2 (go ahead, sue me), despite its flaws.

It looks like they've done some good tweaks and other things. Pretty nice, will pick it up when I have the chance.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Guys, why do I feel like we've done this before? Another year, another Call of bloody Duty. It doesn't even shock or anger me any more, because this has been going on since 2007. Every year, a new Call of Duty game is released. Every year, they are people (fanboys) who claim that "No, really, this one changes things!". Every year, it looks, feels, and plays exactly the same. Every year, there is a hate-stricken mob that denounces the unchanged gameplay, bugs, and balance issues. And every fucking year, the biggest seller of the year is that year's installment of Call of Duty.

That's the way it's been for years, that's the way it'll be this year, and that's most likely the way it'll be in years to come. Whatever we say won't matter one bit, and if you think differently, you're deluding yourself.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
Tsaba said:
AkaDad said:

What? The settings in COD are DIFFERENT. In Madden NFL, the settings are the SAME.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
This thread no different than the previous 3000 MW3 is just a MW2 map pack threads.I for one can enjoy MW3 and BF3 without having to hate one and troll the fans of the other online.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Aprilgold said:
AkaDad said:
You could argue its a different story, its basically going to be.
"BLAH BLAH BLAH, OLD SUPERPOWER GAINS NUCLEAR BENT ON NUKING THE WHOLE PLANET *reason not explained* So you go across the country, THE ONLY solider in the United of Completely and Utter Democratically Ass Kicking because freedom is for cool kids. And your the only solider who showed up on training day. And your also God in a mortal trench coat.
GO KILL SUPER POWER!"

Which has been the FUCKING story for the most recent games.
Ummmm, that is one of the most stupid, stereotypical things i've heard ever. You really think that all of CoD's stories are like that? Anyway, all of mario's stories are basically "OH NOEZZZ the princess got kidnapped! Lets save her and get cake!" and all of Half Life's stories are "OH NOEZZZ science has gone bad and now there is evil robot faceless aliens that kill you! Lets go to people and shoot them, cos I am gordon jesus, who is the immortal endless pocket man!1!!". So, my final point is, CoD's stories are very different, look at black ops compared to modern warfare, they are completely different. All games that have sequels that advance the story are going to have a similar story, CoD actually has a more varied story than most FPSes nowadays. Look at halo for example, the whole thing is about defeating those darned covenant! (the flood to btw), and they are still very good stories. Also putting in bad grammar and capital letters is not the pinnacle of wit, its just making something look more stupid than it already is, and it makes you look stupid too.

OT: I must admit, that does look a bit too samey, they could of at least changed the ui for capturing flags, ammo etc. Still, I liked the way MW2 felt to play, and this is basically that but with better balance and all the bs taken out.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Tsaba said:
AkaDad said:

Look, ive reported you for that. Theres no reason to call someone stupid when they make a valid argument. You should at least not put some troll.me picture in there and try to think up a proper counter argument. That is just attacking someone and making you look stupid.

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
Yes. It looks exactly the same as MW2 but I don't think that's a bad thing. MW2 was a pretty decent game. Fun too. Yet so much people hate it for so petty details.

EDIT: Man, I wish I could play like SeaNanners. Those are some serious skills.

TitenSxull

Feb 17, 2009
In the second video...wow, can't believe someone got a chance to be one of the first to play this game and is sitting in the corner camping. Actually I can believe it. CoD would be tolerable, hell it would be excellent, if players would play with at least a sliver of honor.

And yeah it looks like a re-hash of MW2, the only reason I'm still interested is because it appears they have better (read more balanced) perks, with Black Ops there isn't a perk balancing Ghost so everyone runs it 90% of the time making the radar worthless. CoD has become the new MADDEN of the FPS world, they need to take a few years off to actually make some amount of real change to these games, otherwise MW3 will be the last Call of Duty game I even bother with.