MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

The Cap

Aug 14, 2011
two things.

firstly, i know developing a new engine is hard and time consuming, but CoD's is nice as it is anyway, so i dont mind it looks very similar to MW2 graphically, but not changing any of the icons or fonts or any UI just seems lazy and makes me sad as a result

secondly, in one of the OP video's, does anybody in the know whether the sniper rifle in the video is the L96 (ie not modern) or the L115 (modern) because the L115 is awesome, althoygh so is the l96. okay im a Accuracy International fanboy haha

Dirzzit

Apr 16, 2009
Has it gone through anyones head that maybe the multiplayer is FUN? Are people really convinced here that everyone is stupid and buys reskins 24/7?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Yeh because Fallout 3 looks so much different to New Vegas, Assassins Creed 2 looks different to Brotherhood and Gears 2 looks different from the first...Right? It's built on the same engine, and it's a model that works, why change it?

Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean millions of other do not, i know i will get this, and i know after 3 months i will trade it in...that's the cycle of my COD games (excluding COD4) but does that mean they are bad? Hell no, Blops was awesome, the only COD i have a gripe with is MW2. I have strange feeling i might keep this, it looks awesome( although all trailers for COD do)

ChickenZombie

May 25, 2011
It's using the same engine as MW2, which was the same engine as MW1. Look at MW1, small difference there too. But I mean that's what COD players pay for. They dont want a rediculously new and changed game every time. They like COD the way it is.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Psychotic-ishSOB said:
As much as I believe you have the right to like both, Battlefield 3 will be better than Modern Warfare 3.
On the PC perhaps but for the consoles MW3 will most certainty sell better and probably be of better quality too.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
But it's just MW2.1
It's the same game with like little bits added on. I just.... ugh...
Vote with your wallets people!
It looked new enough to me but perhaps I just haven't been blessed with the eagle vision of the Gods that you have (silly me).

If you're going to get technical about it then you could probably argue that all shooters haven't really changed much since the 90s, after all, almost all of them feature a gun and hands holding them in the middle of the screen and have mechanics centred around you going around and shootng people over and over again until you 'win'.

A large number of people enjoy the gameplay forumula offered by Call of Duty, odds are on that the devs are going to try and satisfy those people above all else (why should they shake things up and go out of their way to try and impress people who probably aren't going to be interested in it anyway and when there's no gurentee that any new innovations or changes they make will even be appreciated?).

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Noceus said:
Why must people argue betwen Battlefield and Call of Duty, why can't people just post "I like that because of bla bla" instead of writing that the other one sucks and being a little fanboy. -.-
So i can't point out how MW3 looks and feels like MW2 which is a bad idea by the way considering the fans are blindly led to pay full price for the same game just with a few more maps and weapons but that's not me hating the game since i'm just pointing out the obvious.

On the other hand BF3 has a little more on their plate in terms of offering improved visuals,new weapons, bigger maps, improved audio sounds etc, but i'm not loving on BF3 since i just pointed out what they have to offer and the only 3 low lines i can see are Origin and it being a generic war shooter and the small maps and player count on the consoles.

And for a final two notes i won't be getting either because i think i've gotten to that point where i don't care about war shooters anymore.

I also replayed Doom 3 last night and all the jump scares, graphics mods and the lights off made the game more fun than a generic war shooter.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
AkaDad said:
I came into the thread to point out that they are different. They have different stories and different settings. The premise of the thread is false.

Edit: If this was a thread about Madden NFL, then you would have a good argument that they're the same, because the setting is exactly the same, year to year.
That's where you're wrong sir, the Madden NFL series changes from year to year about as much as the Call of Duty series does nowadays. Every year, Madden NFL rebalances the game while introducing new character rosters, new plays, sometimes even new teams, new modes, new weather, and new stadiums. Of course, none of these changes really improve upon the meat and potatoes of the game. At least Madden NFL games have an excuse for not changing settings, being that professional football can only take place on professional football fields. Modern Warfare games, on the other hand, only take place in war-torn urban (sometimes suburban) environments. It doesn't much matter whether the war-torn urban environment happens to be in Afghanistan or Brazil just as it doesn't much matter whether the Madden NFL football stadiums happen to be in Nevada or Washington State.

Who exactly is the target audience for this game? Is it people who like Modern Warfare 2? That can't be it, those people will just keep playing Modern Warfare 2 as there's no point in buying it again. Is it people who don't like Modern Warfare 2? Nope, those people would certainly dislike a replicate of Modern Warfare 2. Maybe they're going after the people who liked the style of Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer but felt it was much too unbalanced. No, not them either, if Infinity Ward wanted to balance their game they wouldn't have added smart noob-tubes and kept quickscoping (although removing the commando perk is a step in the right direction.) I suppose it could be the hardcore fanbase, but no one targets them because they're all guaranteed sales. Well, I'm stumped.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Man, Cod 4 was good, but I got tired of it years ago. Maybe other people just have epically longer attention spans than me. Or something. Honestly, it's just another brown-and-grey shooter with almost the exact same mechanics. Why aren't people getting sick of it?

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
In MW2, I would often get more kills with kill streaks then I would with actual guns during a match. I spent most of the match sitting in a corner while my harriers, Pave Low, and Chopper Gunner did all the work. Looks like nothing has changed. I'll probably get the game just to troll people with the most OP weapon, perk, kill streak, and attachment combination. Then spend 15 minutes after each game responding to mail by 12 year olds calling me a hacker (and it's surprisingly entertaining.) I wonder how long it will take people to hack the leaderboards and give themselves a billion kills.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
MW2 is my favorite multiplayer wise in the series and I'm okay with a huge update and a continuation the the story im actually interested in. Stop hating on call of duty. Yeah the publishers are greedy but yeah the games are fun. oh and battlefield 3....you can see your own legs...yeah.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Barry93 said:
In MW2, I would often get more kills with kill streaks then I would with actual guns during a match. I spent most of the match sitting in a corner while my harriers, Pave Low, and Chopper Gunner did all the work. Looks like nothing has changed. I'll probably get the game just to troll people with the most OP weapon, perk, kill streak, and attachment combination. Then spend 15 minutes after each game responding to mail by 12 year olds calling me a hacker (and it's surprisingly entertaining.) I wonder how long it will take people to hack the leaderboards and give themselves a billion kills.
Shows how much you actually looked at the changes. :p

Then again, most of the escapist don't even know the changes they just assume.

mocruz1200

Jan 17, 2009
in my head, this is how the creation of MW3 came about
employee 1: hey, we should probably patch MW2 and release some more maps for it
employee 2: no, WAIT! we can do that, but release it as a new game, and charge them full price again!
employee 1: GENIUS.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Just got done watching he 2nd video. Shit, when did Ben Stiller get AIDS?