MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

TechPulse

Apr 17, 2011
All I heard was: "This is bullshit man, I quickscoped him this is bullshit" And I stopped watching. Sounds like MW2 and BlOps way tooo much.

Aleol

Mar 20, 2009
WouldYouKindly said:
Aleol said:
WouldYouKindly said:
EcksTeaSea said:
...? It looks no different from MW 2? Why should it look any different gameplay wise? All that needs to be tweaked each game is killstreaks, perks, and guns. Core gameplay should stay the same. The things people find to complain about is insane.
I really think if a game wants to have lasting play value for me, it needs to have varied gameplay. It's why I'll play games like Oblivion and the Fallout series, there are a few dozen ways to play the game and it's interesting to see how different playstyles go.

For major FPS titles, BF has the much more varied gameplay within a few modes. While MW is more varied in what the objective is, there's still only two ways to play the game, run and kill people or sit and kill people.

If I wanted to in BF, I could never fire a shot and still help my team win. Repairing vehicles, resupplying allies, spotting enemies, and healing allies all net you points. In MW, only capturing and killing get you points.
Some people actually prefer that.
And that's fine for them. I was merely explaining my own reasoning for preferring BF.

I did neglect to mention that the community is much less annoying than CoD.
I've met some really cool, non-12yo people on there, and they were as down-to-earth as they come. Had some really great conversations with them as well. Actually, even some of the 12-year-olds I met on there were pretty cool :/

Don't judge the quiet many by the vocal minority. As vocal and infuriating as they are.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It's still an FPS, so aside from the assets, some minor (from a technical point) weapon variation and the levels, they are all the same. (Curse you programming knowledge you have spoiled me forever!)

Crazy_Man_42

Mar 10, 2011
I'm glad I got over my Call of Duty phase because this is starting to look a lot like the Madden games system.

you know the one. Where they just tweak the game a little bit and charge full price for a new game and then do the exact same thing the next year. (this also makes me glad i'm not a sports gamer)

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Aleol said:
WouldYouKindly said:
Aleol said:
WouldYouKindly said:
EcksTeaSea said:
...? It looks no different from MW 2? Why should it look any different gameplay wise? All that needs to be tweaked each game is killstreaks, perks, and guns. Core gameplay should stay the same. The things people find to complain about is insane.
I really think if a game wants to have lasting play value for me, it needs to have varied gameplay. It's why I'll play games like Oblivion and the Fallout series, there are a few dozen ways to play the game and it's interesting to see how different playstyles go.

For major FPS titles, BF has the much more varied gameplay within a few modes. While MW is more varied in what the objective is, there's still only two ways to play the game, run and kill people or sit and kill people.

If I wanted to in BF, I could never fire a shot and still help my team win. Repairing vehicles, resupplying allies, spotting enemies, and healing allies all net you points. In MW, only capturing and killing get you points.
And that's fine for them. I was merely explaining my own reasoning for preferring BF.

I've met some really cool, non-12yo people on there, and they were as down-to-earth as they come. Had some really great conversations with them as well. Actually, even some of the 12-year-olds I met on there were pretty cool :/

Don't judge the quiet many by the vocal minority. As vocal and infuriating as they are.
I still don't particularly enjoy the focus of the multiplayer on infantry actions and infantry actions alone, the raging morons are just the racist icing on the bland cake.

Redfefnir

Oct 31, 2009
Looking strictly at the gameplay... It seems far more sped-up. I feel like this is a 'Turbo' version of Modern Warfare 2, which felt like a very sped up Modern Warfare 1.

I understand in todays technological age we are becoming far more ADD, and far less patient... But watching how fast every single player is reloading, throwing grenades, moving, crouching, shooting... It just makes me shake my head.

...It almost looks like Speedball, the arena version of Paintball :\

Aleol

Mar 20, 2009
WouldYouKindly said:
Aleol said:
WouldYouKindly said:
Aleol said:
WouldYouKindly said:
EcksTeaSea said:

I still don't particularly enjoy the focus of the multiplayer on infantry actions and infantry actions alone, the raging morons are just the racist icing on the bland cake.
I'm not necessarily saying you should. It is, however, my, And many other's cup of tea. And I've literally only met maybe three of those types online.

MY POINT IS (and was) that While on the surface it may not seem like much, it throws enough options at you to keep from going completely stale (Halo really started grinding at my gears because of how pedestrian it was. until you got on a heavy map and cruised around in a tank)

I've never been one for class-based shooters, but I don't expect everyone to feel the same way. and I don't understand the derision that CoD MW3 has received because it hasn't even come out yet. You can't expect to play vicariously through trailers and gameplay vids and think, "Huh, is that really all there is?" Because in all likelihood, it's not.

IDK, battlefield just isn't fun for me, and I'm sure there are just as many racist jerks on there as there are on CoD. This is the internet after all.

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
I'm looking forward to this. I don't even care how similar it is to MW2 because I've logged almost 20 days of gameplay into the multiplayer. It's a fun way for me to goof off with some friends. I'm gonna buy it.

CombiBlood

Nov 18, 2009
it looks dull the color or colour its just brown gray tan and in between with some foliage.

Even though Battlefield has similar colors(colours)its bright as hell(witch makes it look real) and it has a blueish tinit to it like how fight club has a greenish tint to it

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
One Hit Noob said:
You can point that out, and you have the right to. Noceus is just getting tired of the trolling in this thread.
Why don't you just ignore the trolls and buy your game and enjoy your time playing it it's what i usually often do.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
TinyMAG said:
Dice's Battlefield is the Grandfather of all online multilayer everywhere. We would not have multilayer as we understand it today and I will always thank Dice for that. That being said, few games/brands are as great for the local multi-player parties in the man-cave as CoD:MW. But I digress...
Have you heard of Counterstrike or Quake?

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
WouldYouKindly said:
EcksTeaSea said:

I understand that point which is why CoD appeals to some and BF appeals to others. For the record I love both and have them preordered, but I wasn't comparing CoDs gameplay to anything else but itself. I am just saying there is no reason to change the core gameplay and the fact that it plays or looks like MW2 is fine because thats how CoD is. change the killstreaks, guns, perks, and etc, but keep the main stuff the same and thats what makes the game great. The fact people can complain it still looks the same while already hating the game amazes me.

ninetails593

Nov 18, 2009
I honestly don't see it. The game looks totally different to me. The powered secondaries, the perks, the gameplay. Maybe it just depends how much you play these games. Still though, I hate to sound like a jerk, but BF3 will bomb. Hard. Just LOOK at it, and furthermore, EA. Great series, soulless management.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Jeez, it's been a while since I've touched a Call of Duty game, but that was some really fast-paced gameplay. Practically couldn't keep up with how fast and furious it's become. I think that's what's always put me off the games, it's so much twitch and reflexes where you barely get shot twice and you're down, as opposed to some other games where you can still beat your opponent even if you didn't shoot first.

It's bound to sell, like, a bazillion copies anyway, but still.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
It's MW2.5, which is exactly what it should be. MW2 was a perfectly acceptable shell upon which to add and subtract. MW2 would still be an amazing game to this day if it weren't full of assholes and people abusing grenade launchers and Commando.

I just want to say that I love the deeper more bass-y gun sounds. The UMP in particular sounded fantastic.

DragonLord Seth said:
I mean, snipers as secondaries?
Snipers cannot be secondaries. The person using a Dragonuv secondary had the Overkill perk. No good player will ever use Overkill, since having 2 main weapons does not even close to make up for losing a Perk slot.

OneBig Man

Jul 23, 2008
The second video was enlighening. It showed that there will still be plenty of little kids with bad mouths, corner camping, and about 3 guns everyone will use. It amazes me that this will still break selling records come release day when people already own the game (CoD4, MW2).