MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
I think they need a COD Hate Forum Section on the escapist. :mad:

Seriously, I bet it would be one of the most popular sections on the escapist.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Psychotic-ishSOB said:
As much as I believe you have the right to like both, Battlefield 3 will be better than Modern Warfare 3.
No, it will fail because you are comparing to a Call of Duty game instead of just judging it by it's own standards.

Your comment says you aren't expecting anything other than it to just be a step up from CoD. Assuming you play on Console, you will be solely disappointed (Dice is very good at advertising their games. A little bit too good).

OT:In all honesty, I was tremendously disappointed with this gameplay footage.

I'm a fan of the game. I find it fun. But I'm quite sure I'm not going to reach the five day mark in hours played for this one.

This may be the one that puts CoD in the ground.

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
One Hit Noob said:
Barry93 said:
Korten12 said:
Barry93 said:
In MW2, I would often get more kills with kill streaks then I would with actual guns during a match. I spent most of the match sitting in a corner while my harriers, Pave Low, and Chopper Gunner did all the work. Looks like nothing has changed. I'll probably get the game just to troll people with the most OP weapon, perk, kill streak, and attachment combination. Then spend 15 minutes after each game responding to mail by 12 year olds calling me a hacker (and it's surprisingly entertaining.) I wonder how long it will take people to hack the leaderboards and give themselves a billion kills.
Shows how much you actually looked at the changes. :p

Then again, most of the escapist don't even know the changes they just assume.
I watched the video, I saw him using the same BS kill streaks from previous CoD games. None of the other changes matter. Though I won't complain since I'm the one using them most of the time.
Well, it is the same timeline. Which is MODERN WARFARE. Did you really expect jet packs in MW3?
No, but I was hoping they might actually balance the mulitplayer and make me work for my kills.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:
So, different story and different setting means it's not different. I learn something new everyday.
The game is going to play, for the most part, the same.
Well... It's what the fans want.

Change would doom the series. They are playing it super safe this year.

Nate Corran

Dec 26, 2009
Oh yay its the EA sports thing. Paying full price for the equivalent of a graphics patch and DLC. This is why I just don't bother buying current gen games anymore. Now I just need to finish Katamari Damacy so I can move onto Beyond Good and Evil...

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:
So, different story and different setting means it's not different.
You mean the part that makes the game fun?

I'm ok with that.
I mean the part that makes the game shit.
If you say so. I guess it will sell more than any other game, because it sucks.
Just like DiaKatana. Just like how Duke was supposed to turn out.

Also, Sales=Quality. I learn something new everyday.
No, but it means that people LIKE having more of the same sometimes. Stop sounding like such an ass.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
i like how everyone complained about snipers and noobtubers so they made a sniper launcher thanks IW

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
One Hit Noob said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
One Hit Noob said:
You can point that out, and you have the right to. Noceus is just getting tired of the trolling in this thread.
Why don't you just ignore the trolls and buy your game and enjoy your time playing it it's what i usually often do.
Funny. It didn't even release yet.
I meant for when you come around to buying it when it is released.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
You know how when people say "The only people who buy Madden every year are the manic-obsessive people who needs roster updates"? I am one of those people. I've been 112 games into a MLB season, only to quit and start all over because my rosters were off by one player in AA. But I'm getting Madden later... Disgaea 4 comes first.
I used to be that way with fantasy baseball and football. I'd obsess over stats so much that I had trouble sleeping.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
AkaDad said:
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:
So, different story and different setting means it's not different. I learn something new everyday.

I'm ok with that.
You're ok with shelling out $60 every year for that? More power to you I guess.

I'll just leave here [http://i.imgur.com/LK8df.jpg] though.

(Seriously, as small as a detail as that is, it really does just attest to the pure laziness at work here.)

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
We know it will be very similar. I'll still buy it. Because there are still not enough multiplayer shooters with XP systems, which is the only thing that will make me play them.

Therefore, Call of Duty games are some of the best multiplayer games I've played. Huh. Funny how that works.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
AkaDad said:
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:

I'm ok with that.
You're ok with shelling out $60 every year for that? More power to you I guess.

I'll just leave here [http://i.imgur.com/LK8df.jpg] though.

(Seriously, as small as a detail as that is, it really does just attest to the pure laziness at work here.)
Actually, I rarely buy games for myself at full price. I just can't afford it. My point was that they aren't just copy and pasted games, each one has a different story and setting.

I will agree with you that they shouldn't be using the same vehicles and that people should expect more from a AAA game.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
Lol, not even different guns, I still see everyone using the UMP45.
While I agree its annoying to see the exact same guns but all games are like this. Think of Cod1,2,3 and 5. All era based games and all had the same firearms. It's hard to create a game in a time period and have brand new things everytime. I do hope there are more guns this time though.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Juk3n said:
Iron Lightning said:
Who exactly is the target audience for this game? Is it people who like Modern Warfare 2? That can't be it, those people will just keep playing Modern Warfare 2 as there's no point in buying it again. .
Yes, as a matter of fact smart-a$$, i am the target audience, 2 years of playing MW2 (still playing) has been great, time for some tweaks, some fully fledged new maps, some improvements on an already great system and the exclusion of things i don't love about MW2. Oh and here comes MW3 with everything i want to keep me happy for another couple years.

Arnt i lucky?

ps don't generalize, it makes you look silly when someone comes along in the next post and says "er..here i am, that makes you wrong, g'night"

:)
"You know you can swear on the internet, your mum won't read it. I know because she's too busy being fucked by me."
-Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

I also enjoyed Modern Warfare 2. It isn't by any means a great game but I enjoyed the Spec Ops mode quite a lot. However, I'm not willing to pay $60 for quite nearly the exact same game. I might've paid for it if it would've been a continuation of a story that I care about. I'm sure most people play Modern Warfare 2 for the gameplay, not the story. I already have all the gameplay I want with the game I own. As the gameplay is all but exactly the same and that's all most people want out of Modern Warfare 2, the only reason I can think of for buying the game is just being a fanboy (as I stated in my last post.) Mind you that is a powerful force. All I'm saying is that no rational person should own both Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man.

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
MW3 is the same game as MW2! And in other news, the Earth continues to go around the sun!

Seriously, did anyone not see this coming? They've been churning out what is almost literally the same game since CoD4, a game that wasn't all that exceptional to begin with (a game that was also arguably the single most overrated game I've ever seen).

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
SovietX said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Lol, not even different guns, I still see everyone using the UMP45.
While I agree its annoying to see the exact same guns but all games are like this. Think of Cod1,2,3 and 5. All era based games and all had the same firearms. It's hard to create a game in a time period and have brand new things everytime. I do hope there are more guns this time though.
This game isn't historically based though, so they can put any weapons they want into the game since it takes place in the future.

Hell, this game doesn't even take place in reality since everyone and their mother seems to have a WA2000 even though there's only 176 of them in the world.