My first shiny!

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010
I caught a shiny rattata once in HG, became the best slave ever. I had only one thought when I caught it.

JOEY EAT YOUR TOP PERCENTAGE HEART OUT!

Truniron

Nov 9, 2010
I caught my first shiny in Pokemon Silver. It was a Ponyta, and it looked so cool with blue flames.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Well besides the Red Gyarados, my first came in Soul Silver a bit after my brother caught his first shiny. He got a shiny Magikarp, I was kinda sad that he got one before me. Well fast forward to tin tower or whatever the fuck it is called. I was going to catch Ho-Oh, and I kept killing him on accident. However on like my 10th try something magical happened, that Ho-Oh was now shiny! I went and showed my brother, then I threw my Masterball at him. That is the story of my first shiny.
I also ran into a shiny Makuhita while playing ruby. I caught that one too.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
King Kazma said:
I've only had one at random. A shiny Vulpix in Soul Silver. She's so beautiful now. All grown up.

I am unbelievably jealous that you have a shiny Ninetails. It's still one of my all time favorite Pokemon. And what's with all you guys disappointed in shiny Oddish/Glooms? A shiny Bellossom sounds pretty cool to me.

My first legit shiny was a shiny Zubat in Gold version. Found it in the forest after the town with the Bug Gym.

Never seen another legit shiny besides Red Gyarados and I've played every generation. My dream shiny is a legit, shiny Espeon. I'll never get one though.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
Back when I played gold I found a shiny Lapras, which was pretty cool. Then when Black came out I found a wild Pidove. It was cool, but I forgot about it until a couple of hours after I reset my save file months later.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
CrimsonBlaze said:
I've caught my fair share of Shiny Pokemon throughout my ventures in ever generation.

The first that I caught outside of the Red Gyarados in the Silver version was:

A Shiny Golbat!

I was 12 when I caught this beast and I was excited as hell!

I also caught

a Shiny Flaffy a few weeks later.

For Ruby, I caught:

A Shiny Taillow and

a Shiny Aron.

For LeafGreen, I was fortunate to catch

a Shiny Oddish.

In Pearl, I caught

a Shiny Hippowdon.
That's some pretty insane luck, but mayhaps I can challenge it by reporting my first shiny was my MANAPHY! The special earliest available one you could port over from pokemon ranger to diamond/pearl, no less! He's probably why I fell in love with the manaphy pokemon, actually.

Also, his name is Tempest, and I take him to every new pokemon game.

I also caught the shiny Gyaridos (of course) from G/S,

and the shiny Gible from pokemon B2 and W2 you get for beating the Black Tower/ White Tree or whatever. Kind of a cruel joke on Gamefreak's part, considering the entire Garchomp family looks almost exactly the same shiny...

and finally, I caught a shiny Machoke in the snowy mountain area in Shinnoh, now a Machamp;

I've still got my eye on the shiny Haxorus you can get in B2/W2 for completing the Unovah dex... I'll get to it eventually.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
I once caught a Shiny Sneasel, instantly became a major player in my team. Definitely the best pokemon I've ever had in my team for a long time, pulled me out of A LOT of sticky situations. Seriously it just kicked so much ass. Also I evolved it into a Weavile because that shit just tore up my opponents.

Trinab

Feb 1, 2013
I didn't know that shinies where a thing. I think I saw two of them playing pokemon. I assumed it was a glitch, beat them up, and moved on.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
chadachada123 said:
I've played every generation, with well over a hundred hours played in each, and I've never seen a wild shiny ;_;

I envy you, since even Voltorb is kinda badass as a shiny.
I skipped gens 2 and 3 and got a Steelix during normal play. Luck is weird. Though I still don't have any shinues I give a crap about.

Daget Sparrow

Oct 2, 2011
I've found several shinies over the years, but my very first one (asides from Red Gyarados) was a White Rattata in Silver. Never even knew Pokemon apart from Gyarados could be shiny up until that exact moment.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
barbzilla said:
How many people opened this thread thinking that it was about buying your first luxury item?

OT: When I played Pokemon there wasn't any such thing, so I would have to say that I am still waiting.
On a gaming website and as a MASSIVE pokemon fan, I got it straight away and can only assume that many people thought the same. To reiterate what I said earlier, shiny Weavile, awesometacular it was.

Superlative

May 14, 2012
mrhappy1489 said:
barbzilla said:
How many people opened this thread thinking that it was about buying your first luxury item?

OT: When I played Pokemon there wasn't any such thing, so I would have to say that I am still waiting.
On a gaming website and as a MASSIVE pokemon fan, I got it straight away and can only assume that many people thought the same. To reiterate what I said earlier, shiny Weavile, awesometacular it was.
i feel you. I caught a sweet golden Hoothoot in silver, evolved it into a not a sweet but much more powerful red winged Noctowl. still tore things up though

mastermarty

Feb 13, 2010
My first shiny was the legendary Pokemon from Ruby. at the time however, I thought it was a bug and deleted the save game since I thought it was broken. Only a few years later I discovered that it was in fact, not a bug.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
My first shiny was a month ago after having played Pokemon since it first came out in the UK. It's a gold Hoothoot!

Ratties

May 8, 2013
A shiny Litwick in Pokemon White. Remember not even noticing it was Shiny at first. Can remember taking my eyes off the screen to drink a soda. Had missed the shiny intro. I saw its odd color and new right away. Even had flash fire.

RyuBreaker

Dec 22, 2011
I caught a shiny Goldeen on Diamond which evolved into the badass shiny Seaking and a shiny Axew.