my gf is a pothead

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Neogeta said:
Fool. The police wouldn't even listen, much less actually go to her house and illegally search and arrest someone for "possession." And absolutely not based on the claim of an ex-boyfriend. My god how out of touch can people be!?
This is a videogame site. That should answer your question.

OP: Speaking from personal experience, potheads can actually make awesome girlfriends...they don't nag, or get angry over every little thing, and they're as forgetful as I am. Honestly just tell her about your concerns, make sure she doesn't carry/smoke it around you, and all should be well. If she says no, then unfortunately, you now know what she cares about more. If she's as reasonable as you make her sound to be, though, I doubt it'll be an issue.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Neogeta said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Hate to say this, but get rid.

Dope as a one-off is a part of the lifestyle. If it's become the lifestyle, then she will be stealing from you, sleeping with others and other things to get her fix before long.

Sad but true.

If you really care for her, try to make her see what it's doing to her. Ask her to go for a week without, and you give up something (like gaming) for the same time.
LOL, please site one example of anyone ever stealing from loved ones or selling their bodies for pot, ever. I don't smoke anymore, but seeing ignorant people like you makes me need a puff.

Abandon4093 said:
VGC USpartan VS said:
Just get rid of her. I know a kid whose parents are pot heads... he just isn't... I don't know what to say. He just dosen't WORK. Not to mention pot ruined my uncle's life so I suggest you should stay away from the drug in anyway possible.
Ahhh, the combination of ignorance and hyperbole. I do so love that smell.

Pot isn't dangerous. People and their retarded addictive personalities are.

Cannabis is no more addictive than pringles.

OT:

It's entirely your choice. As with any substance. Discretion is advisable and if you really don't want to get involved with it don't. But if you think she's worth it, just tolerate her choice and accept it as a part of her that you dislike.

(sidenote) The amount of idiots on this thread spewing ignorant bias and hyperbole, as if weed is like freaking crack or meth. Well it reminds me where I am. 'If it aint legal, It's clearly WRONG!!!! :D
+1

DaysBefore said:
End it now. And phone the Police to have her arrested for possession.

If that is not an option...... I don't know, tell her you are uncomfortable with it and.... Whatever...
Fool. The police wouldn't even listen, much less actually go to her house and illegally search and arrest someone for "possession." And absolutely not based on the claim of an ex-boyfriend. My god how out of touch can people be!?
My ex-roommate stole my PS3 and games to buy pot, so your belief is out the window. My stepdad stole things for pot money too, and went to jail for intimidating peoople out of money and for assault and battery.

mron79

Feb 11, 2011
I'm a small business owner and my wife works in banking. I smoke daily, she never smokes. You and your partner don't have to do everything together, I realize that in the case of the OP there is much less room for tolerance and in his case ending the relationship would undoubtedly be his best solution. That said if the OP was not in the military no reason to leave her just because you don't smoke and she does. Second I hate to break it to all the people posting about there friends and family members who's lives were ruined by pot, it was not the pot. Your friends and family members were prone to ruining there own lives if they never smoked pot it would have just been something. I don't mean to make light of your losses but it's not the substance it's the person.

Caiti Voltaire

Feb 10, 2010
A convicted felon who shows up even around pot is very likely to end up thrown in for possession charges, if not distribution. Now I'm not saying that's why in the OP's case, but that's kind of my hunch.

Regardless though, as has been stated earlier in the thread, and I agree, she has to respect your position as much as you respect hers. A relationship is a mutual thing, and if she's not sacrificing and caring for you as you are for her, it's not going to work. If on the other hand she does, and makes that effort, then I don't see why you can't try to make it work.

Blazeaga

Dec 10, 2010
Completly right!

I would make a comprimise with her somehow to get her to cut down pot and if she doesn't want to then continue with the way you are going!

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
THAC0 said:

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you're young, in which case I'd say you're far too concerned over some trivial stuff in a relationship that you initially expected nothing out of. Plus, how long have ya known this girl? If it's months, drop it, if it's been years, then why haven't you said anything to her about it?

Also, your prejudice against potheads is pretty biblical there. They don't all play hackysack and talk about 'The Man'.

Bottom line, it bothers you, it'd be more proper to consider it your problem, not hers. I doubt seriously with your current stance on potheads that you'd even hang with her friends. Come to think of it...two of my best friends are married, and they don't hang with friends of their wives. I don't know anyone that does that that's not in high school.

Pifflestick

Jun 10, 2008
Stress moderation and common sense. Pot isn't that bad, it has many health benefits and its nearly impossible to overdose on it, but just like any intoxicant you should always use itin moderation and be aware of times when you may need to be sober. Try to convince her to limit herself to once a day at least.

Rhiehn

Aug 16, 2010
Who cares? If it took you this long to find out it's not hurting anyone. It's not like smoking pot is an inherently negative quality.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Here's the thing, if it's something you don't want to be apart of your life together, as in "the future", talk to her about it. Tell her your reasons for not wanting to be around it. If she's really the keeper she seems like, she'll be willing to put aside that one thing in favor of the relationship. Sometimes sacrifice is necessary and a sacrifice of something illegal isn't too much to ask.

escapistraptor

Dec 1, 2009
From your opening post, it sounds like you're an adult, aka no younger then your early twenties. If that's the case, I'd go ahead and let this one go man. As much as it sucks people our age have to start making calls like these, and your better off thinking about your career and future at this point then a girl who you probably wouldn't want to go the distance with anyway since your not into her lifestyle at all.

Jack Macaque

Jan 29, 2011
Either start smoking pot or tell her to take a walk, remember though, weed really is just a phase for 99% of people who smoke it.

iamthelizardqueen88

Dec 10, 2010
jeez why is there so much "dump her" suggestions?
ok look if it bothers you that much and you 2 are really that serious just ask her to cut back on smoking a bit for you (not to quit cause well lets be honest that would be selfish of you)and if she likes you as much as much as you obviously like her then odds are she will listen if not try to come to some sort of compromise like perhaps she shouldnt smoke when youre around even if you guys are hanging out with her friends or some such jazz. i mean theres a few ways you can go about this however without being involved and going off the info you gave my suggestions are quite limited =/

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
What, no pics? pffft

Honestly, her smoking pot isn't your problem. You getting caught or involved with the wrong people is the problem.

Which is more important: Hot pothead chick or staying out of trouble that could ruin your plans for the future?

I know it sound callous, but this decision really sends you down two radically different life paths, and if the roles were reversed (pot head dude), I'd say the same thing: Get out while you are still able. She'll be pissed and hurt, but you'll both survive. You might also be her wake up call.

BTW, I love pot and wish I could smoke it every day, but haven't done it in years because just like alcohol, abusing to excess is just not conducive to normal living. You aren't into it like she is dude, you really gotta bail.

Mar 26, 2008
I went out with a woman once and we had a fantastic relationship and an amazing sex life. We ended up breaking up after a while due to a stupid misunderstanding. Several years later we started seeing each other as friends by which time she'd become a major pothead and we eventually started dating again. I have to say I found that she was a shadow of her former vibrant self; she was lazy, disinterested in life and only cared about going out and getting off her face. It was like she'd become the opposite of what attracted me to her in the first place. The woman I'd fallen in love with years ago was still there but masked by a layer of bitterness and disallusion. We eventually broke up after she skitzed out for no real reason and kicked me out of her house. I decided I was done with her mood-swings and never went back.

You are probably saving yourself eventual heartbreak if you act now.