Name your shotgun.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
The7Sins said:
The default Sniper Rifle in TF2 is my favorite gun. I've named it The Finger of God. A cookie to whoever figures out what game that name is in reference to.
Fallout 3 Mod.

You sir, are made of win.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Meet the "AWWW YEEEAAH"

AKA the AA-12 in MW2. I fucking loved that gun so much <3

also i called the shotgun in Deus Ex "Oush!" coz i made that noise for some reason whenever i shot it

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
My dad named his (potentially illegal) silenced .22 Ruger "Felony". The thing is more silent than a freaking BB gun.

In Fallout 3, I had a modded Combat Shotgun with an Extended Magazine and a Auto-Fire Mechanism. A fully automatic shotgun, and did more damage than a Fatman. I called it "The Butt Ripper" out of pure uncreative spirit.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Maeshone said:
Pump Action Shotgun from DOOM/DOOM2 (coincidentally also the best shotgun EVAR!!!)

Bessy

'nuff said :D
Double barrelled shotgun from Doom2 was better. More or less the same rate of fire, and though it used up 2 shells in one go, it did rather more than twice the damage of the pump action one, for some reason.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines had a SPAS-15, which is the first really decent gun you get (IMHO), and you get it before being stuck in that annoying sewer level.

Also, when offered, a Malkavain can respond "Let me see this crazy spaz"...I shouldn't have found that funny, but I did.

On the other hand, though, SPAS stands for "Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun", in the hopes that the US would accept it as a hunting weapon, presumably, which is rather dishonest of them.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Olivia, my Ranger Sequoia in Fallout: New Vegas.

Never leave home without her. She's lead me through Dead Monkey, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and eventually Lonesome Road.

Alternatively, I call the shotgun in FEAR Mr. Shotty. I'm betting a lot of you know why.

jackknife402

Aug 25, 2008
Why name a virtual gun when you can name a real one?

Hammer is my shotgun, a modified marine chrome Remington 870 with a heat shield, bayonet lug with with a OKC3S marine bayonet, telescoping butt stock and low visibility dot sights. It's the king among kings when deer hunting.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
The pump shotgun in Left 4 Dead 2. The pumping mechanism combined with its considerable effective range and spread. Few weapons are more satisfying. I often choose it over automatic shotguns.

Though I like the Super Shotgun in doom too. I have a thing for double barrel shotguns in general.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
poiumty said:
The Benelli M1014 doesn't need any other name than the Benelli M1014.
Its also called the M4 Super 90. I do enjoy it as well, but I will have to go with the Masterkey underbarrel shotgun. Because whats cooler than a shotgun? A shotgun with an assault rifle on top. Or is it an assault rifle with a shotgun on bottom? Either way, its pure awesome.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
The following items are often preceeded with "The"

As far as SHOTGUNS go? I have a list.

-Butcher Mk II: Soldier of Fortune Shotgun
-System Shocker: Mass Effect 2 Geth Plasma Shotgun
-Lightshow: Fallout 3:The Pitt Metal Blaster
-The End: Fallout 3 Experimental MIRV

Other firearms also has a list.

-One,Two,Three!: Modern Warfare 2 FAMAS,with Thermal and Silencer
-Brain Pick: Mass Effect 2 Mattock (Cookies if you get where the nickname comes from)
-You Suck: New Vegas YCS/186
-Sasha: Team Fortress 2 Standard Minigun
-Carl Gustav: Team Fortress 2 Direct Hit
-God Gun/Zeus Cannon: Crysis:WARHEAD PAX

Melee weapons? Again,a list exists.

-Zweihander: Any mundane two-handed sword
-Big Stick: Any mundane two-handed plunt weapon
-Can Opener: Fallout series Ripper
-Black Death: Minecraft:Equivalent Exchange Mod Dark Matter Sword
-Planet Fire: The front bumper (If you understand THAT reference without google,I will respect you greatly)
-Backwards Gloves: Team Fortress 2 Fists of Steel

And finally,a list of my favourite RTS weapons with my associated nicknames.

-Authoritative Asskicker: Supreme Commander 1 Cybran ACU with Microwave Laser generator and personal stealth
-Everything: Supreme Commander 1 UEF Fatboy
-Kill Switch: Supreme Commander 1 UEF Mavor
-Locust: Supreme Commander 1 any T2 gunship,especially the Cybran Renegade (AoE weapon)
-Demonic Spider: Supreme Commander 1 Cybran Monkeylord
-Indy: Dungeon Keeper 1 Boulder Trap
-Murder Lady: Dungeon Keeper 1 Level 10 Mistress (Speed+Lightning+Drain!? Oh,my...)
-Bringer of Light: Command & Conquer Generals Nuke Cannon
-Plan B: Supreme Commander 1 any T3 missile sub

Quite the extensive list. I,personally,think the names are appropriate. What about you?

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
I really like the Knight Armament Company's Masterkey Underslung Shotgun system. A cut down Remington 870 with a 3+1 capacity. It allows the user to remain objective with their assault rifle, but have the ability to breach doors.

Id have to say though, for a game gun, the Leone 12 Gauge Super from Counter Strike, or its real counterpart, the Benelli M3 Super 90. Designed to be used with lower power ammunition in pump mode, and high powered ammunition in semi auto mode, its an extremely versatile weapon system. I recall a CPL match in which i did 686 damage when an enemy came around a corner.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010

Do we really need to call it anything other than a Railgun? Well, there is always the term "The Recognizable Human Body Structure Reliever".
Oh, and I almost feel ashamed for not mentioning the BFG 9000.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
If I were to name a shotgun, I'd call it either 'The Persuader' or 'The Negotiator'.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Kevin. All my game shotguns are called Kevin. I just made it up two seconds ago and from this moment onward they will be called Kevin.