Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
In no particular order:

Left 4 Dead

Dragon Age: Origins

Bioshock

Mario Galaxy

Overlord

Honestly, I just listed the games I spent the most time playing and got the most enjoyment out of. Left 4 Dead is a thrill ride that never ceases to entertain me, I fell in love with Alist..*cough* Origins and everything about it, Bioshock was surprisingly awesome, Galaxy was just so damn fun, and Overlord was the first video game I played in the living room where my parents enjoyed watching me play, to the point that my mother would "For you!" in a minion voice when putting my dinner plate on the table. To be fair, they also fell in love with Origins and made me narrate my dialog responses for them.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
In no particular order.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (I correct myself, everything else is out of order, but this one is the best.)
Portal 2
Resonance of Fate
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Fallout 3 and New Vegas. (You have to take your pick. Neither are perfect, but everything the one does poorly the other does better and vice versa)

Honorable mentions go to all the great HD collections, most of all the Team Ico one, and MGS HD.

Best downloadable titles: PSN titles, fighting game re-releases/remakes, Limbo, Journey, and Amnesia. PSN titles come first because that includes most of the best games ever.

And because I really honestly feel it's unfair to try and throw them in the same group.
Five Best Wii Games:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Super Mario Galaxy
No More Heroes
Skyward Sword (Thanks for making them an item after more than 20 years. It was honestly worth the wait.)
and I'm reserving the fifth spot for The Last Story, but I can't declare it because it's not out yet.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
So going from around the 2006/2007 mark?

The Witcher
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Risen 2: Dark Waters
TES V: Skyrim
Mount & Blade: Warband

I'm not going to spend ages trying to put them into a specific order, so there you go. I'm soon to start playing the Mass Effect trilogy for the first time, so maybe one of them will shoot up in there and replace one of them.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
5. Assassin's Creed II
4. Fallout 3
3. Borderlands
2. Mass Effect 2
1. Skyrim

Honorable mentions: Batman Arkham City, Portal 2, Oblivion, Rock Band 2, League of Legends, Halo 3, Bioshock, GTA IV, Minecraft, Forza Motorspoet 3, Limbo, Shadow Complex, Mass Effect 3, MW2.

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
1 - Mario Kart Wii
2 - SSBB
3 - Mario Galaxy
4 - Naruto UNS 2
5 - Assasins Creed 2

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Borderlands
Fallout3
Skyrim
Dead Island
Battlefield3

Damn, my 360 is a whore for FPS.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
5.Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
4.Metal Gear Solid 4
3.Tales of Graces F
2.Ar Tonelico Qoga
1.Disgaea 4
there is more awesome games i liked this gen but these 5 are on my top.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Obviously these will only be games that I've played, I'm not about to judge ones I haven't.

Armored Core V (I just f***ing love the whole series)
Metal Gear Solid 4 + Peace Walker (this series has the best games on PSP that exist)
Resistance 2 (excellent class-based co-op, I almost forgot my leg was broken when I was playing)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (the art style was so good the graphics didn't even matter)
Binding of Isaac (Such value! And almost infinite replayability, with a witty subtext)

There are plenty not on here that probably deserve a mention, but it has been a LOOOOONG generation.

Assassin's Creed 2 and 2.5 also come to mind, massive improvements over the previous game. By Revelations it was getting a bit of a clusterf*** to choose your weapon and the story had no drive.

Btw, screw you Monster Hunter, you'd be up there if you were on PS3.

Also screw you Skyrim, excellent game hampered by unforgivably game-breaking glitches that can, and do, ruin hours of play. I've had 4 characters, and 3 of them literally just could not advance the story. You know a game has issues when you have to look up the wiki in advance to see whether you're going to compromise your progress by accident.

Magicite Spring

Apr 15, 2012
These are the games I've had the most fun with this current gen.

Portal 2 - A game that doesn't fail in any aspect.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - It had some weird moments, but it was fun to play and was a fitting end to the Solid Snake saga (or it should have been.....)

Final Fantasy XIII - Yes, I know it has problems. But I didn't notice them and don't agree with most because I had a lot of fun playing through it, the most fun of any game this gen. And based on that XIII is my favourite game of the current gen.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - One of my favourite series of games, and Crack in Time didn't disappoint. Still waiting on more Angela though.

Valkyria Chronicles - Picked this game up on a whim, and I am glad I did. I was bitterly disappointed that the sequel was a PSP game.

Honorable mentions go to Demon's/Dark Souls and Skyrim, disqualified since I haven't finished them yet, and Assassin's Creed series, disqualified since Ubisoft keeps releasing expansions as full games and for not living up to the full potential of the premise. Hopefully Assassin's Creed 3 goes in the right direction.

Sep 13, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus and ICO HD release (Shut up! It counts)
- Just look at my avatar. I love the games, and seeing the in HD was even better
Portal
- Very unique gameplay, witty dialogue and good writing
Dark Souls
- Probably the best gameplay I've played in this gen, very attractive aesthetics, challenging, and was very interesting in how the entire world was interconnected
Catherine
- Decent storyline and characters, but amazing puzzle system that actually didn't get boring as the game went on
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- I never get scared of movies, this got me to the extent where I was terrified and wanted to die just so the suspense would end. Yeah, this game makes the cut

Honorable Mentions:
Journey
Dragon Age Origins

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
In no particular order:
Dark Souls
Red Dead Redemption
Portal 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Yakuza 4

Just to clarify: these are all on the big consoles, not handhelds.
If handhelds were included:
Dark Souls
Red Dead Redemption
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Yakuza 4

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
1. The Darkness
2. Alan Wake
3. Bastion
4. Bioshock
5. Dead Space 2

The first four are because they had excellent stories and they were unique experiences. Dead Space 2 was an excellently put together game, and one of the most exciting games I've played. Story was surprisingly ok too. Also Aussie accents.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
In no particular order:

Mass Effect 1
Civilization IV [With BTS expansion]
Arkham City
Starcraft 2
Sins of a Solar Empire

Honorary mentions to Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
My Choices?

Mass Effect (series don't ask me to pick one)
Assassin's Creed (series, as above)
inFAMOUS 2 (The first is great, but by jingo the seconds amazing!)
Uncharted 2 (Yes he's killed more people than the black plague, but it's a great game!)
Saint's Row 2 (silly silly fun, but lets not talk about No 3)

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ok
5.mass effect 3 (might be number one if i get some dam closure with the new dlc.)
4.mass effect
3.Skyrim
2.mass effect 2
1.uncharted 2

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
InFamous 2 was undeniably my favourite. Predictable story but the way it was delivered was great. And the gameplay was just downright fantastic.

The others, in no particular order:
Portal
Witcher 2
Uncharted 2
Assassin's Creed 2

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
If I go by the amount of time invested, I gotta say
1) Borderlands -I played the shit out of this game. Even if the quests are so samey, I just can't stop shootin' folks.
2) Everything else.
Seriously, though..
2)Pinball FX2 -Don't judge me. I love real pinball and since real tables are rare as diamonds these days, I gotta play this. Doesn't hurt it's a really good pinball game with lots of tables and new tables all the time.
3) Red Dead Redemption- Such a giant, open world time waster, I've never actually finished the game in all this time. I'll ride around for hours just to find the best place to watch the sun rise.
2)Bioshock - Dark, drippy and one of the only FPS games I really liked. (Borderlands doesn't really count. The shooting in the game is secondary to the looting.) The Fort Frolic segment with Sander Cohen is one of my favorite game experiences ever.
1)Diablo 3 - Screw the haters, I like this game. Hitting a demon so hard with an axe his skeleton pops out is satisfying on a primal level. And I love looting. Finding shit in boxes and off of corpses is something that pings in my brain, so Diablo games do it for me.

There's plenty of runner's up - Bayonetta, inFamous, UMvC3, Dead Rising 2, AssCreed 2. This has been one long-ass generation of games.