Natal / Kinect, Is anyone actually excited about it?

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
Hey just a general feeling I've been getting that my friends seem to share is that noone really is that interested in the Natal/Kinect project. Like well it seems fancy and all but noone really cares and its being reported on because well its gaming news regardless. Whats your opinion?

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I honestly didn't even know about it until I read it on this board two days ago (when I joined).

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Haven't really read up on it. Natal is supposed to be like the Wii or something, right? So everyone who wanted something like the Wii GOT the Wii & Natal will only appeal to Wii owners then, right? They're going after just one console's market share then? I haven't even heard of Kinect.

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
today crushed my sole because I was actually optimistic about natal(kinect). Sure it was a motion controller but I thought it would be more than that, I thought maybe it would use head tracking to give even hard core games like gears or reach 3D without glasses. maybe they'd show new ambitious developers creating inspired gameplay mechanics with the full motion censor I thought. but NO I got a crappy wii sports and a crappy wii fit instead. screw you Microsoft

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
Unless they release a better bowling game than Wii Bowling, I could care less about motion controls. ESPECIALLY if it's $149.

EDIT - Holy crap, that pet game is horrible. Way to completely miss the point Microsoft.

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
It's a good idea. I, however, don't own an Xbox, so how I feel is as close to not giving a shit as you can be without totally not giving a shit.

tricky_tree

Jan 10, 2010
I am terribly excited. Well, I might be if it was actually a gaming innovation and not a rehash of the eye-toy, even the gameboy had a little camera you could buy. It is nothing new, it will see a brief spell of popularity with children then the novelty will wear off and ebay will be full of them.

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
$150.00

I don't think so...

if they made it cheaper I will consider it.
Did they really announce it was $150? Holy crap. Me and a few friends gathered to watch E3 on G4. Good GOD was the Microsoft conference dull. The Kinect seems like a good idea, but it's like the Wii thus far -- for casual gamers. Until someone comes up with an idea to make actual walking around possible without feeling like an idiot, motion controls mean about nothing to me. Doubt I'll care much then, because you will wouldn't be able to turn around.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
Words at E3 that'd get my attention:
Mario
Zelda
GTA
Banjo Threeie
Boobs
Swtor (the old republic)
annnd just about anything to do with oldschool characters making new games. Kinect isn't up there.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
I'll be honest, the connectivity with the menus is pretty nice. It's like the touch screen on an iPhone, minus the screen. The voice commands aren't half bad either.

As nice as that is, none of the games really impressed me (That Star Wars game? Obviously on rails.) until I saw Child of Eden. It looks both fun and addicting while actually using the Kinict fairly well. If more games like that started coming out for the Kinect after it launches it might turn into a must-have for the 360.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
likalaruku said:
Haven't really read up on it. Natal is supposed to be like the Wii or something, right? So everyone who wanted something like the Wii GOT the Wii & Natal will only appeal to Wii owners then, right? They're going after just one console's market share then? I haven't even heard of Kinect.
The PS3 Move is like the Wii controller. Kinect is the official name of Natal and it is controller-less so it's not like the Wii at all. Over all, I might consider the Move, depending on what they do with it, game wise. But Natal/Kinect I could careless, if I wanted to go jump around and punch air, I would do parkour or kickbox someone.

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
Yawn.

Unless the controller can track my fingers pressing virtual W A S and D keys, I'm not in their demographic.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I wanna see how that Star Wars game turns out, but I'm otherwise unimpressed.