Natalie Portman to Crunch Zombies in Jane Austen Film

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Any P&PvZ readers out there? Will it be bearable?
The bits I've read are... Different.

It's written in the same style, but it's definitely better than the original work. Because it has zombies and ninjas.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
This has my vote for movie of the year.

And I liked the prequel movies too. There were a lot of things that needed to go fellate a lightsaber (first in line being Jar-jar) but it had its good moments too.

agrandstudent

Nov 23, 2009
So I've read a good portion of PnPnZ. I was fooled into thinking that it might be entertaining. It's about 80% PnP and 20 %Z. They should turn World War Z in to a mini series if they want to make a good zombie book adaptation.

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
This is the only way I'll ever see/read anything even mildly related to Jane Austin.

And it's not just zombies. In the book- there are ninjas.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
Trivun said:
I actually like Natalie Portman a lot. I want to see Closer, she was pretty good in Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, and am I the only person on the internet who actually liked the Star Wars prequels? Because sometimes it seems so. And I highly recommend Zach Braff's debut film as director and writer, Garden State. Portman has a major role in it and it is one of the best films I've seen in a long time.

However, I'm not so sure about this. I probably would read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies if I got it from the library, but I don't know much about it otherwise. However, although I like zombies and I like Jane Austen's works, I can't really see a film of the zombie version being too successful. Then again, I may be wrong. Only time, and the box office sales, will tell...
No, you aren't the only one who liked the prequels. I just couldn't stop thinking, 'Padme needs to ditch the *****; now get back to Obi-Wan already!'

I think that at the very least, the premise is hilarious. But I'll wait for the reviews.

Edit; I actually liked P&P, maybe it's not the most exciting read in the world but it's a good book.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
hittite said:
This has my vote for movie of the year.

And I liked the prequel movies too. There were a lot of things that needed to go fellate a lightsaber (first in line being Jar-jar) but it had its good moments too.
Ohhhh come on Jar-Jar wasn't that bad, I was more annoyed by droids acting as comic relief. A droid is not supposed to say "Uh oh" it's just not right man! At least Jar-Jar's species is a bit like that.

But even the droids are topped by the unbelievable terribleness that is Mister Whiny Pants AKA Anakin Skywalker AKA Hayden "I can't act" Christensen. I mean, "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything's soft... and smooth..." Good góds, who wrote that?!

But all that is countered by the awesome lightsaber fights and Yoda being an absolute god (with a lightsaber) instead of acting like a senile hermit, and of course the general awesomeness that is the Star Wars universe.

Anyway, I'm drifting off. I love Natalie Portman as an actress (looks wise, she's a bit meeh, potential but needs more meat on her), I've only seen snippets from the original P&P movie, but adding zombies in the mix should make it more... interesting, to say the least. Can't really be bothered about the books, maybe some day, but for now there is so much more awesome stuff to read.
agrandstudent said:
They should turn World War Z in to a mini series if they want to make a good zombie book adaptation.
Brilliant idea, or a mockumentary with movie-style flashbacks, narrated by the people who are being interviewed. I would watch that over and over and over and over again.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
For those that haven't read the book, it sucks! And I'm far easier to please with literature than I am with film.

Give it your best shot Portman...I'll be waiting.

The Brewin

Aug 23, 2009
I gave my ex girlfriend this book as a present, she never read it. It was actually on the back of this book that we broke up really, apparently I didn't 'understand her'. I thought it was funny at least!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Mullahgrrl said:
Hope it is better than Romeo and Juliet vs the living dead.
... Is that an actual film? I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

People saying the Star Wars prequels were enjoyable: You are crazy. That is all.

Fun fact: A sarcasm riddled post of mine pointing out just how terrible the Star Wars prequels were, over on the Black Library forums, prompted WHF author C.L. Werner to announce he is going to base a character off of me in one of his new books - he even said he might not kill him (he was quiet on the whole "torture and mutilation" angle though). This is the only nice thing I can say about the Star Wars prequels.

I heartily recommend The Professional as an example of one of the good films Portman has starred in.

Edit: Gah! How does this keep happening!? *flees from the avatar*

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
There is a point where this needs to stop, and we have clearly passed it.