Natalie Portman to Crunch Zombies in Jane Austen Film

eljawa

Nov 20, 2009
awesome. she is serious enough to pull off the role, but at the same time will make the movie hilarious

SpaceGhost2K

Jul 24, 2009
I'm not convinced this is true. There have been rumors of a TV miniseries that have been labeled false. Every site I went to is mentioning this story but not saying where the information came from. I'd like to see a link to the interview where Portman says it, the press release, the studio, the author... SOMETHING. All I can find is site after site claiming it to be true but no ultimate source.

Patroclus

Sep 28, 2009
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was a pretty funny book... the pacing wasn't perfect, but the parts that were funny were pretty damn funny. As much as I liked it though, I have to say that I never expected there to be a movie adaptation for it. I wonder how they're going to balance out the zombie/ninja fight scenes with the original plot for a movie that's probably going to be an hour and a half long =/

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
This is going to be a freaking MOVIE!?

For the love of Zombie-Jesus!!

Well maybe this means Sense, Sensibility and, Seamonsters will also become a major motion picture *shrug*

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
This sounds like a horribly awesome idea. As in, it's so horrible that I stand in awe of it. If I'm gonna see it, I'll need proof in the end that it's either really good or spectacularly terrible.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
It sounds crazy enough to be good, if it's good enough I'll incorporate bits of it into my zombie survival guide.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
That sounds awesome..... now I must read the book.
I am sick of Zombies as much as any other man but still, Natalie Portman in Pride and Prejudice fighting zombies. Sounds like so many degrees of awesome.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i'm still not sure i'd like to read the book, i'll watch the movie tho. Natalie Portman is a pretty cool actor and she's good in a lot of things. i still like Le Professional, she's so young in that movie and it's nice to see how far she's come since then

Scops

Jan 11, 2009
The book was okay, but it was mainly gimmicky. It's all about propriety and social status, then some old lady gets yanked out a window and eaten, a few zombies get killed, and it's right back to nineteenth century double-entendres and dry (I mean desert-like) humor.

I'm still trying to figure out whether all the ball jokes were in the original or not.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Zombies and pride and prejudiced. A book that puts me to sleep with an overused concept that none the less keeps me awake and aware. I may fall into a state of both awake and asleep in the theater and then be mistaken for a zombie and killed. That would be awkward.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
Well, I suppose it couldn't be any worse than "Revenge of the Sith."

I hope.

I do forgive her for her performance in "V For Vendetta," though.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
DuplicateValue said:
Trivun said:
I actually like Natalie Portman a lot. I want to see Closer, she was pretty good in Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, and am I the only person on the internet who actually liked the Star Wars prequels? Because sometimes it seems so. And I highly recommend Zach Braff's debut film as director and writer, Garden State. Portman has a major role in it and it is one of the best films I've seen in a long time.
Nope, I loved the prequel trilogy too - more than the original trilogy I'd say.
And Garden State is one of my favourite movies ever - she's amazing in it.

And let's not forget V For Vendetta. :D
I loved the prequels haha

funny how she is gonna be in this film adaption, considering how kiera knightly was in the latest p&p adaption and well...yeah I think we all see the hilarious connection being done lol

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
O_O I did not expect a movie to be made out of that book. But hey, if zombies got me to read Pride and Prejudice (and Zombies). Then it will definitely get me to watch it :D

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Oh my, I love Natalie Portman, but she cannot do a British accent for Nuts, Exhibit A "V for Vendetta"

Point number 2, Keira Knightly looks just like Natalie Portman, is actually British and has actually played Elizabeth Bennet in an actual Pride and Prejudice movie.

HOW CAN AUDIENCES NOT GET CONFUSED?

For such a talented actress she gets cast into really bad roles.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
...so I don't know if the awesomeness of Zombies made up for the anal discharge of Jane Austin.
OI!
NOT.
ON.
If you want to slander the mediocre Ikea Knightley film; go right ahead. You won't hear my objecting.
But say one word about the original novel or the BBC production of 1995 and so help me Firth...

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Mullahgrrl said:
Hope it is better than Romeo and Juliet vs the living dead.
... Is that an actual film? I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.
It is a film, unfortunatley it fails as a zombie-movie, I am no judge of the shakesperian value of it.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Not really interested in the film, I just clicked the topic to see a nice picture of Natalie Portman, I'll be on my way now.