Natalie Portman to Crunch Zombies in Jane Austen Film

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
DuplicateValue said:
Trivun said:
I actually like Natalie Portman a lot. I want to see Closer, she was pretty good in Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, and am I the only person on the internet who actually liked the Star Wars prequels? Because sometimes it seems so. And I highly recommend Zach Braff's debut film as director and writer, Garden State. Portman has a major role in it and it is one of the best films I've seen in a long time.
Nope, I loved the prequel trilogy too - more than the original trilogy I'd say.
And Garden State is one of my favourite movies ever - she's amazing in it.

And let's not forget V For Vendetta. :D
I hated them because Darth Vader went from a mysterious villain with a horrible past to a bitchy white kid who had no real room to complain.

I watched a character I had wonderment about as a child turn into a boring teen angst cliche before my eyes.

That and the almost skull shattering plot holes that trumped just about any of the original trilogies plot holes.

But it did result in the N64 Pod Racer game which I enjoyed...so something good came of it for me.

Nov 28, 2007
Noelveiga said:
I think this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075462/

Is due for a remake.
Holy crap. I'm not the only one aware of this movie's existence?

Edit:
Mullahgrrl said:
Hope it is better than Romeo and Juliet vs the living dead.
So what, Romeo and Juliet are fighting themselves? You know, fate and all that?

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I'm waiting on World War Z, Which will totally set a new stranded for zombie movies... and put those crappy other movies (Dawn of the Dead in particular) to shame...

This still looks good though...

Nov 28, 2007
Noelveiga said:
thebobmaster said:
Noelveiga said:
I think this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075462/

Is due for a remake.
Holy crap. I'm not the only one aware of this movie's existence?
Certainly not. That movie is a classic.
I heard about the movie about 6 years ago, reading a book on cult horror classics. That's the last I heard of it until now.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
Catch 22:

I absolutely despised the book P&P&Z, but Natalie portman is soooooo hot.

Dammit Ben, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!!

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Hard call, hard call. P&P sucked harder than a hookerbot, and I haven't read P&PvZ, so I don't know if the awesomeness of Zombies made up for the anal discharge of Jane Austin.

Any P&PvZ readers out there? Will it be bearable?
It certainly did. Holy shit, it did.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
heyheysg said:
Oh my, I love Natalie Portman, but she cannot do a British accent for Nuts, Exhibit A "V for Vendetta"

Point number 2, Keira Knightly looks just like Natalie Portman, is actually British and has actually played Elizabeth Bennet in an actual Pride and Prejudice movie.

HOW CAN AUDIENCES NOT GET CONFUSED?

For such a talented actress she gets cast into really bad roles.
Oh, Keira Knightly was shit in that. Then again, the whole film was. 'Specially the Americanised ending...
If I'd had a monkey wrench with me, I would have removed my eyes. Alas, such tools are not permitted in cinemas. A man can dream, though; a man can dream...

In fact, aside from PotC series, I only enjoyed her acting in Domino. What can I say? Explosions, slightly off-the-wall and she looked awful so she had to work harder to make the film good.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
This actually seems like a really good idea. I'm going to have to see this. I never actually read the book, though. I might read the book beforehand so I can rant about how much better the book is than the movie.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Man, I lol'ed so hard when I read the back cover blurb on "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters." It was kind of awkward, because I was in a book store and people were staring...

Anyway, I've never actually read P&P&Z, since I'm afraid reading something like that would give me brain damage, but this could be funny/cool. Either that or Holywood's just getting desperate again (What's the matter? Not enough pop-trash vampire novels for you to capitalize on these days?).

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
She's a good actress, but I think this movie will suck. Zombies don't make everything better.