Nerdiest fact, question or answer you can think of.

TheGreatCoolEnergy

Aug 30, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
despite the fact that mummies and Frankenstein's monster [and Hurbet West's reanimated corpse collection for that matter] are reanimated corpses, they are very rarely referred to as 'zombies'
I'm gonna have to argue this because Its an excepted fact that zombies still opperate with a brain, and Mummified corpses had their brains removed before being emballed

Circus Ascendant

Jul 9, 2008
At first I didn't think I had anything I could contribute to this, but reading through the whole thread (which alone makes me nerdier than a lot of "read the OP and reply without checking" guys on here) has inspired me to remember nerdy facts and also wish to correct some of the people on here who flat out got their facts WRONG.

However, after 8 pages, I've forgotten what most of those were. Bugger.

So:

It has been said that it is NOT "Luke, I am your father" and is actually "No, I am your father."

However, a lot of people get it wrong and will say "No, I am your father," when in fact the emphasis is not on the "am" (which would make sense, the preceding line is "He told me you killed him"), the emphasis is actually (and it GRATES me how many people forget this) on the "I", as in "No, I am your father."

Oh yeah, and some guy said he could name all eighteen Primarchs, but then didn't, so:
Roboute Guilliman
Rogal Dorn
Ferrus Manus
Corax
Leman Russ
Lion El'Johnson
Sanguinius
Vulkan
Jaghatai Khan
Horus
Alpharius
Angron
Fulgrim
Mortarion
Magnus the Red
The Night Haunter
Lorgar
Perturabo

Obviously I can also name their Legions.

Oh, and the Sherlock Holmes confusion comes from the fact Holmes often said "Elementary" and often said "my dear Watson", he just never said them TOGETHER.

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
xplay3r said:
andrat said:
xplay3r said:
deadlyric said:
Well that's kind of a trap because if you know the answer is 42 that makes you a nerd....damn it i'm a nerd lol

OP: Han Solo says "it's the ship that made the kessle run in less than 12 parsects" Parsects are a measure of distance, however, this DOES make sence.
The Kessle Run is a series of black holes, because the closer you get to a black hole, the more the gravitational pull, so the faster your ship, the closer you can get to the black holes.
Therfore making it in 12 parsects means the ship is so fast, he can travel within twelve parsects of a black hole, and not get sucked in.

...you're welcome...
Jeeze. Now this makes sense.
is that sarcasim or are you being serious?
dude i felt so nerdy understanding that i think you jus forcibly made me a virgin again.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Its not "luke, I am your father."
Its "No Luke. I AM your father!"
everyone gets it wrong :mad:

There are two types of people in this world. People who think there are two types of people and the normal folk.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
TheGreatCoolEnergy said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
despite the fact that mummies and Frankenstein's monster [and Hurbet West's reanimated corpse collection for that matter] are reanimated corpses, they are very rarely referred to as 'zombies'
I'm gonna have to argue this because Its an excepted fact that zombies still opperate with a brain, and Mummified corpses had their brains removed before being emballed
well mummies aside, Frankenstein's monster and Herbert West's legion of 'failed experiments' still operated with brains intact ... mostly ... West kept complaining that many of his failed experiments suffered some degradation in the brain-cell department

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
The first "Your Mother," joke was by a Mongolian Warlord named Timur the Lame.

While pillaging and making various forms of war (As he was prone to do), the Sultan of a walled city refused to open his gates and do battle. Timur scaled a large hill near the palace proper and loudly proclaimed that the sultan's mother was of dubious moral fiber. The sultan became enraged and marched his army to meet the mongolian horde. The mongolians ambushed and SLAUGHTERED the small army.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
The platypus is the only mammal to lay eggs.

I think..
the echidna does as well :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna

uhm hmm tomatoes are in the same family as nightshade as are potatoes and peppers.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Susan Arendt said:
Who the hell thinks he's called Dark Vader? o_O
You would be surprised. But of course, there aren't may left. We... negotiated with them..
*Maniacal laughter*

OT:
All of the chapters in Dead Space, when aligned in chronological order, convey a hidden message:

New Arrivals
Intensive Care
Course Correction
Obliteration Imminent
Lethal Devotion
Enviromental Hazard

Into the Void
Search and Rescue

Dead on Arrival
End of Days
Alternate Solutions
Dead Space
You, sir, just blew my mind.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Strange how the topic gets harder as you actually try to think... ummm..
DR.JEKYLL IS MR.HYDE!!!!!!!
nah that was just awful

Daegor42

Oct 2, 2009
The amount of water required to cover the surface of the Earth with a monolayer of water is approximately 9 * 10^9 moles, or 150,000 tons.

niglett

Jul 17, 2009
if you look in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy go to page 42 and count 42 lines from the top of that page you will end up to a line with only the words "the earth" witch is the computer created to calculate the question to the answer 42.

i are super nerd

aebonhawk

Apr 29, 2009
Circus Ascendant said:
Oh yeah, and some guy said he could name all eighteen Primarchs, but then didn't, so:
Roboute Guilliman
Rogal Dorn
Ferrus Manus
Corax
Leman Russ
Lion El'Johnson
Sanguinius
Vulkan
Jaghatai Khan
Horus
Alpharius
Angron
Fulgrim
Mortarion
Magnus the Red
The Night Haunter
Lorgar
Perturabo

Obviously I can also name their Legions.
There were 20 primarchs. The 11th and 2nd legions are expunged.

EDIT: Oh. and the night haunters real name is Konrad Curze