Nerdiest fact, question or answer you can think of.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Twilight_guy said:
DarkClaw [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Claw]. I've never read a comic book in my life. Yet I still know this.
Housebroken Lunatic said:
THEMILKMAN said:
Susan Arendt said:
Who the hell thinks he's called Dark Vader? o_O
That's a damn good question! Whoever thinks he's called "Dark" Vader needs to be slapped.
Actually, I read somewhere that the name Darth Vader was based on the words "Dark Father" by Lucas himself, which kind of reflect the character's concept (at least for the first three movies made that is).

How's that for nerdy knowledge? : )

(and im not even that big of a Star Wars buff at all, yet still I pick shit like this up XD)
Starkiller was originally going to be Lukes last name, they changed it to Skywalker for obvious reasons. But they used the name in Star wars force unleashed. And on that note in Force unleashed they wanted to have a jedi who was the same race as the pod racer sebulba but george lucas said his race was too stupid to be jedi, so they used another pod racer.

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
scrambledeggs said:
andrat said:
xplay3r said:
deadlyric said:
Well that's kind of a trap because if you know the answer is 42 that makes you a nerd....damn it i'm a nerd lol

OP: Han Solo says "it's the ship that made the kessle run in less than 12 parsects" Parsects are a measure of distance, however, this DOES make sence.
The Kessle Run is a series of black holes, because the closer you get to a black hole, the more the gravitational pull, so the faster your ship, the closer you can get to the black holes.
Therfore making it in 12 parsects means the ship is so fast, he can travel within twelve parsects of a black hole, and not get sucked in.

...you're welcome...
Jeeze. Now this makes sense.
Lol, fail. *Parsecs.
Sorry...I havn't measured parsecs since like 3rd grade, I forgot how to spell it. lol

Tri Force95

Apr 20, 2009
xplay3r said:
deadlyric said:
Well that's kind of a trap because if you know the answer is 42 that makes you a nerd....damn it i'm a nerd lol

OP: Han Solo says "it's the ship that made the kessle run in less than 12 parsects" Parsects are a measure of distance, however, this DOES make sence.
The Kessle Run is a series of black holes, because the closer you get to a black hole, the more the gravitational pull, so the faster your ship, the closer you can get to the black holes.
Therfore making it in 12 parsects means the ship is so fast, he can travel within twelve parsects of a black hole, and not get sucked in.

...you're welcome...
Thank you

XxdragicexX said:
Whats 5+5+5x26x52x1x525x99=?
351351010, your welcome.

To the OP: The Five Finger Death Punch, from Kill Bill, actually exists, but is never used.

Silver

Jun 17, 2008
bushwhacker2k said:
Silver said:
bushwhacker2k said:
kazabamer said:
"Beam me up Scotty" was never used in Star Trek in exactly those words, in niether the TV series or the films.
Really?! Then why is the term so popular!?

Is it like the "Danger, Will Robbins!" thing that was actually only used once in the whole series but is quite well known?
"Elementary, my dear Watson." It doesn't appear in the books.
Then where did it appear?
Later movies, books by other authors and every fanfic and reference to the books anywhere.

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
andrat said:
xplay3r said:
deadlyric said:

...you're welcome...
Jeeze. Now this makes sense.
is that sarcasim or are you being serious?

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
I'll just stick to video game trivia for fun, all learned from first year.

- Nintendo means "Leave Luck to Heaven", and originally produced hanafuda cards
- Coleco is short for the Conneticut Leather Company
- One of the first things considered to be a "video game" was made using an oscilloscope, by one of the scientists who developed the atomic bomb.
- Mario was named after the Landlord of Nintendo's building, who gave them an extension on their lease shortly before the release of Donkey Kong (Obviously, there is also the fact that Donkey Kong is a direct translation of Stubborn Ape, and Mario was originally Jumpman, a carpenter)
- Shigeru Miyamoto created the first Donkey Kong machines using old Radar Scope arcade machines that were sitting in the Nintendo warehouse.
- The original Asteroids machines made so much money that they had to be cleaned out daily or else they would short out the electronics of the game. One of the men who collected them could not apply for a gun, and so carried an axe around with him for protection.
- Steve Jobs and Steve Wosniak worked together to make the game Breakout. Wosniak, a genius at electronics, cut the number of components needed by 2/3's

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
Alpha Reaper757 said:
It's not DARK Vader, it's DARTH Vader.
No no, you want nerdy Star Wars?

The Blue Milk that Luke's drinking in the Cantina in Episode IV comes from female Banthas.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Nitrocellulose, commonly known as "gun cotton", was invented by accident when chemist Christian Friedrich Schönbein spilled some nitric acid on his kitchen table (it was the 19th century, health and safety regulations hadn't been thought of yet), wiped it up with a cotton apron, and hung it on the door of his stove to dry. Once it had dried, the apron exploded.

There is antimatter in the room you're sitting in. More specifically, positrons. Thousands of 'em.

The moon is both moving at the same speed and accelerating.

The Jon Pertwee incarnation of the Doctor was famous for using "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" as a go-to phrase to save memorising a load of technobabble. David Tennant's incarnation also used this line, commenting that "it's been I while since I did that".
In theory, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow is possible - neutrons have a magnetic moment, and so if they were to flow, said flow would have a magnetic polarity. By utilising a suitable magnetic field, the polarity could be reversed.

Avoiding "E numbers" is impossible - any additive, natural or artificial, is assigned an E number. This also applies to gases that could be trapped in packages - oxygen is classified as E948.

Nerdy enough for you?

mobsterlobster

Sep 13, 2009
FortOyer said:
Fact: There is no proper name for the back of the knees.

Question: How many brides - worldwide - have walked down the aisle?
Answer: None. If you look at church [http://www.stmaryssaffronwalden.org/Church%20plan.jpg] plans [http://www.stmaryssaffronwalden.org/Church%20plan.jpg] the aisles are in fact on either side of the church, the bride actually walking down the Nave.
I thought it was just called the central passageway.
So you'd have to say "I'm gonna take her up the central passageway"
Nicked that joke from QI. Don't go thinking I'm witty or anything. :(

DistinctlyBenign

Dec 24, 2008
Its Dark. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

For a short time Nintendo owned 'love hotels' which customers paid by the hour for.

Dice are produced in the following sides: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 24, 30, 48, 50, 100 With possible other sides being produced by individuals, but those are the sides found on retail dice shops. Traditionally only 4,6,8,10,12, and 20 are used often though. (And 100, but as 2 10 sided dice instead of a single die)

During the final days of the last war, the area of Cyre was decimated. Where it stood is now a fog covered wasteland, where healing doesn't work as it should and strange happenings are commonplace.

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
OH WAIT, I GOTS ANOTHER ONE

Hitler didn't use SS to represent the schutz shaffel, He used two Sowilo's, runes that represented victory in battle

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
EvilMaggot said:
many ppl know Daemon Tools but say it like DEMON tools... but its ****ing called DAEMON!!!... not demon... DAEMON tools

dunno if its fact or answer ... i just hate it ... ppl cant ****ing read
It actually is pronounced "demon." A daemon is a demon that's not entirely evil...or something like that. The name "Damon" is pronounced how you think "daemon" sounds.

"'Wonderful!' I ejaculated." is a full paragraph in the first Sherlock Holmes book. (EDIT: A Study in Scarlet)

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
Spaceman_Spiff said:
Cats have a significantly higher chance of living if dropped for the seventh floor of a build as opposed to the sixth floor.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Anyway, OT:
In the early days of the telephone, operators would pick up a call and use the phrase, "Well, are you there?". It wasn't until 1895 that someone suggested answering the phone with the phrase "number please?"

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
When the carbon freezing chamber scene in Empire Strikes Back was being filmed, the part where Han was supposed to say "I love you too." to Leia, Harrison Ford got tired of filming the scene over and over and responded in one take with "I know." Lucas liked it and rolled with it.