Never Enough "FUCK YOUS" For Bethesda

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Paid mods are bullshit. Their paid mods are even more bullshit.

Im getting Metro LL Ranger mode PTSD all over again.

Bethesda haven't made a good game since Oblivion, anyway.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Smithnikov said:
Bethesda; thinking we're stupid enough to pay for an inferior mod when we can get a superior one, and have been for years, for free.

Edit to Console Users: Damn, this has gotta feel like a slap in the face, but all the more reason to come join the mustard race, jah? :)
The crazy thing is that they're right.
Kerg3927 said:
So a for profit company doing things to increase profits...

In other news... a baseball player plays baseball!
It's not an issue of them charging money for something. It's an issue of them charging money for something that was available for free in another one of their games. ...also available for free in this game by modders.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Canadamus Prime said:
Smithnikov said:
Bethesda; thinking we're stupid enough to pay for an inferior mod when we can get a superior one, and have been for years, for free.

Edit to Console Users: Damn, this has gotta feel like a slap in the face, but all the more reason to come join the mustard race, jah? :)
Kerg3927 said:

It's not an issue of them charging money for something. It's an issue of them charging money for something that was available for free in another one of their games. ...also available for free in this game by modders.
I'm not seeing the big deal here, either. To me a whole new game mode is something that I can see having some development costs that they would want to recoup. The fact that some people would be dumb enough to buy it when there are other better free mods shouldn't be held against Bethesda

This ain't the same as horse armor

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
So, 15 bucks to turn Skyrim into Fallout: New Vegas?

Or, I could...

Seriously though, Bethesda, bite me. The pricing is ridiculous, what you're selling is absurd, and the whole system you've made is garbage.

And the fact it's probably working out for you is infuriating.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
The shocking thing about this is that people are still playing Skyrim. I was thinking about buying that re-release/remaster/whatever that came out awhile back, but it had been so long since I'd played the original that it's likely I wouldn't notice the difference anyway. I can't seem to care any less about paid mods. It's actually easier for me to not buy something than it is for me to buy it so paid mods actually end up saving me time.

I guess there's not much that I get worked up about anymore, though.

Aug 31, 2012
Not quite OT, but just in case anyone wants it...

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26956/?

It won't restore your .exe to pre creation club, but it will back up whatever you have now automatically, so if you do accidentally autopatch Bethesda's new round of bullshit, you won't have to wait for a new version of F4SE to come out and then hope it doesn't bork half your mods, you can just revert back to your old exe.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DrownedAmmet said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Smithnikov said:

Kerg3927 said:

I'm not seeing the big deal here, either. To me a whole new game mode is something that I can see having some development costs that they would want to recoup. The fact that some people would be dumb enough to buy it when there are other better free mods shouldn't be held against Bethesda

This ain't the same as horse armor
I do see the big deal. It is a dick move to charge for a game mode that they made available for free in another title. However it doesn't do any good to get pissed about it if you're going to buy it anyway.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
I know le PC master race meme isn't actually serious, but by Jove it really ought to be. Actually no, PC gamers shouldn't be the master race - just the baseline. Saying that PC gamers are the master race is like surrounding yourself with dwarves and calling yourself a giant.

I'm super serial here by the way. Console gaming is an absolute blight. I used to buy into the, "It's just personal preference you guys!" meme, but that's implying that we're talking about apples and oranges and not oranges that are really just apples from several seasons ago but carefully stitched within the peels of oranges and then sold by different companies at the same time every few years after being altered just a little and for similar prices.

Can anyone provide a rational explanation for console generations beginning and ending around the same time, consoles being similarly priced, and having around the same level of technology as each other - a reason that isn't pure coincidence? Not to mention console hardware is always behind the times. You'd think Sony or Microsoft would try to one-up each other by striking deals with Nvidia or Radeon to buy tons of recent chips, saving money on such massive bulk orders, and then making their consoles as amazing as they could. Yet instead they still treat 60 fps like the space program. If that's not purposeful collusion between the two companies in order to artificially extend their arbitrary console generations and by the same token, charge the same price for games on consoles as on PC despite the former using weaker tech, then I don't know what to call it. Let's just call it unethical right now - highly unethical.

And of course they stress the tired out myth that consoles are wholly different kinds of machines, different from one another and definitely not just PC's in different plastic cases.

I'd even be okay with their shenanigans if it wasn't holding back the PC gaming industry. Thanks to the console ghetto, PC devs have to play by console rules and scale things down or waste time on console ports that could have been spent on optimization.

Not to mention it exhorts companies like Bethesda to play silly buggers of this magnitude.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
.... Bethesda stop, the hell are you guys doing?? ... No, Bethesda- no bad company! BAD! You're making EA actually look good in comparison! Stop being greedy as hell by charging money for a mod when we can collect superior mods that do the same thing for free! STOP IT MAN!!
How? How is this making EA look good? Like really how? Most of the people mad here are just sounding beyond spoiled, but this? Really?

Let me know when Skyrim 2018 comes out, but you have to pay extra for access to Riften, Windhelm, and Markarth.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Aren't these already in other mods and alot more detailed with more items for free

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
Bethesda has always sucked, releasing half finished games for the world's modders to fix, and then receiving all the credit for it. The day people realize that Bethesda is full of hacks is the day the gaming industry improves just a little.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Pretty disgusting, it's also disgusting that people don't see this as a big deal and actually defends it.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Anyone wondering where I stand on this, I can tell you in one simple line:

I don't even use mods.

It IS stupid, but it's sort of like people talking about Gamergate. It had nothing to do with anything I was doing.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
Saelune said:
Caramel Frappe said:
.... Bethesda stop, the hell are you guys doing?? ... No, Bethesda- no bad company! BAD! You're making EA actually look good in comparison! Stop being greedy as hell by charging money for a mod when we can collect superior mods that do the same thing for free! STOP IT MAN!!
How? How is this making EA look good? Like really how? Most of the people mad here are just sounding beyond spoiled, but this? Really?

Let me know when Skyrim 2018 comes out, but you have to pay extra for access to Riften, Windhelm, and Markarth.
If they chose to, they could have "unified" the sims community with their own creation club given how absolutely disjointed sims modding is these days.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Cycloptomese said:
The shocking thing about this is that people are still playing Skyrim.
I'm still playing Skyrim because I have modded the merry fucking bejeezus out of it.

The character, armor, weapons, and even the building are all from mods. FREE mods.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Pretty disgusting, it's also disgusting that people don't see this as a big deal and actually defends it.
I think its disgusting that people forget that for a mere 60 or less $, many people have gotten more playtime and joy out of these games than they have out of 200+$ worth of other games, yet complain about Bethesda being greedy.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
I think its disgusting that people forget that for a mere 60 or less $, many people have gotten more playtime and joy out of these games than they have out of 200+$ worth of other games, yet complain about Bethesda being greedy.
You do realize that someone could get countless hours out of any game, that doesn't change recent things they done being obviously greed driven or really poorly done. I know you are going for the whole devil's advocate but I think you are missing the mark a lot