Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Pretty disgusting, it's also disgusting that people don't see this as a big deal and actually defends it.
I think its disgusting that people forget that for a mere 60 or less $, many people have gotten more playtime and joy out of these games than they have out of 200+$ worth of other games, yet complain about Bethesda being greedy.
60 bucks is a lot of money and Skyrim is still one of the best selling games of all time, yet releasing a higher difficulty for money ISN'T greedy? It's not like they're in desperate need for more money that they have to sell something everyone else is giving out for free.

You're basically telling people to stop enjoying the games so much unless you want to pay more money because more more fun should be more expensive.
No its not greedy. Its DLC. Its extra. If they wanted to be mad about the lack of survival, they should have done it in 2011.

They could have just as easily not put in the extra work to make this content. They could have just moved on. Instead they had the audacity to ask for compensation for their extra work? The nerve, right?

I bet you would never dare ask for overtime pay for doing more work, would you?

Edit: The game still works right? Its not like the game wont work if you dont buy the survival mode.
DLC can be greedy, ''extra'' can be greedy.

''Extra work'' Yeah, work that modders gladly done for FREE for a decade or two. So yeah, they could have just not put in extra work since you can the Survival mode for free by modding your game.

NOONE asked for this, they could either release it for free or not at all. If they expect to be paid for ''overtime'', they should've released content worth buying and content people will buy. It's nothing but greed, the creation club is nothing but greed, how you can not understand that is not my problem.

No shit? Noone claimed otherwise. I don't even like Skyrim but at least I can see the issue here.
Then dont buy it and use a free mod.

It seems it is the people complaining who are the greedy ones.
You don't have to tell me twice, you don't have to tell anyone with an ounce of self-respects twice.

Yeah it's not the companies who once released something for free but now charges money that are greedy. Remember when map packs used to be free? Then they started charging for them on consoles and people bought them, now they're charging 15 bucks for 3 maps on all platforms.

It's weird that something used to be free but isn't anymore, huh? This is probably just the beginning.
Remember when games didnt look like Skyrim? Remember when games werent as big as Skyrim? Or as fleshed out?

And it sounds like you are blaming Skyrim for something EA and Activision and Capcom had already done years ago and since. Why take it out on Skyrim and Bethesda when I suppose you should be yelling at Capcom and Streetfighter x Tekken, not THAT was greedy.
Remember when games didn't sell nearly as much as Skyrim? Remember when games weren't on as many platforms as Skyrim? Why can CDProjektRED release DLC for 20 dollars that gives you +45 hours of story, a huge new map, plenty of new characters/side quests and armors/swords etc etc...but all Bethesda can give you for 15 dollars is survival mode that used to be free?

Skyrim is one of the most sold games of all time (30 million copies as of last year) but they can't release a mod for free? Modders make mods like Survival mode for FREE on their spare time but Bethesda must charge 15 bucks for the same mod. Yeah, it's clearly not about squeezing more money out of your loyal fans at all.
20$ for expansion? How greedy of ProjektRed. It should have been free.

Glad to see you've resorted to trolling.

But yeah, keep on supporting bad business practices, maybe soon you'll have to pay for Easy mode to :^)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Pretty disgusting, it's also disgusting that people don't see this as a big deal and actually defends it.
I think its disgusting that people forget that for a mere 60 or less $, many people have gotten more playtime and joy out of these games than they have out of 200+$ worth of other games, yet complain about Bethesda being greedy.
60 bucks is a lot of money and Skyrim is still one of the best selling games of all time, yet releasing a higher difficulty for money ISN'T greedy? It's not like they're in desperate need for more money that they have to sell something everyone else is giving out for free.

You're basically telling people to stop enjoying the games so much unless you want to pay more money because more more fun should be more expensive.
No its not greedy. Its DLC. Its extra. If they wanted to be mad about the lack of survival, they should have done it in 2011.

They could have just as easily not put in the extra work to make this content. They could have just moved on. Instead they had the audacity to ask for compensation for their extra work? The nerve, right?

Edit: The game still works right? Its not like the game wont work if you dont buy the survival mode.

''Extra work'' Yeah, work that modders gladly done for FREE for a decade or two. So yeah, they could have just not put in extra work since you can the Survival mode for free by modding your game.

NOONE asked for this, they could either release it for free or not at all. If they expect to be paid for ''overtime'', they should've released content worth buying and content people will buy. It's nothing but greed, the creation club is nothing but greed, how you can not understand that is not my problem.

No shit? Noone claimed otherwise. I don't even like Skyrim but at least I can see the issue here.

You don't have to tell me twice, you don't have to tell anyone with an ounce of self-respects twice.

Yeah it's not the companies who once released something for free but now charges money that are greedy. Remember when map packs used to be free? Then they started charging for them on consoles and people bought them, now they're charging 15 bucks for 3 maps on all platforms.

It's weird that something used to be free but isn't anymore, huh? This is probably just the beginning.
Remember when games didnt look like Skyrim? Remember when games werent as big as Skyrim? Or as fleshed out?

And it sounds like you are blaming Skyrim for something EA and Activision and Capcom had already done years ago and since. Why take it out on Skyrim and Bethesda when I suppose you should be yelling at Capcom and Streetfighter x Tekken, not THAT was greedy.
Remember when games didn't sell nearly as much as Skyrim? Remember when games weren't on as many platforms as Skyrim? Why can CDProjektRED release DLC for 20 dollars that gives you +45 hours of story, a huge new map, plenty of new characters/side quests and armors/swords etc etc...but all Bethesda can give you for 15 dollars is survival mode that used to be free?

Skyrim is one of the most sold games of all time (30 million copies as of last year) but they can't release a mod for free? Modders make mods like Survival mode for FREE on their spare time but Bethesda must charge 15 bucks for the same mod. Yeah, it's clearly not about squeezing more money out of your loyal fans at all.

Im not trolling. Im pointing out an error in your logic since your complaint is having to pay for extra content and use paid DLC as a rebuttle. Survival mode can be 1 hour of content, or 1000 hours of content. Unlike the Witcher DLC, it doesnt have a predestined ending.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
But yeah, keep on supporting bad business practices, maybe soon you'll have to pay for Easy mode to :^)
My guess is 99% of games dont have a survival mode. Maybe complain about that instead?

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

Im not trolling. Im pointing out an error in your logic since your complaint is having to pay for extra content and use paid DLC as a rebuttle. Survival mode can be 1 hour of content, or 1000 hours of content. Unlike the Witcher DLC, it doesnt have a predestined ending.
No you're not because you're making it sound like a huge expansion has the same value as a Survival mode. Might I remind you again that Survival for Skyrim already exist for free, weird how modders release something like that for free even though they're most likely in need of more money than Bethesda. Now show me where I can get a Blood & Wine quality expansion for free. You can't.

Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
My guess is 99% of games dont have a survival mode. Maybe complain about that instead?
Why? It's not that important which is why it hasn't cost money in the past and shouldn't cost money now.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

No you're not because you're making it sound like a huge expansion has the same value as a Survival mode. Might I remind you again that Survival for Skyrim already exist for free, weird how modders release something like that for free even though they're most likely in need of more money than Bethesda. Now show me where I can get a Blood & Wine quality expansion for free. You can't.

Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Why? It's not that important which is why it hasn't cost money in the past and shouldn't cost money now.
If it already exists for free...then why are you complaining? Download it and move on.

And you're suggesting paying for easy mode in the future as equal to a bonus mode that most games dont have anyways. Hell, lots of games dont have easy mode either.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

No, you really been cartoonizing those that disagree with you as I said before when you didn't bother to read and did the same exact thing I said in the statement you replied to

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

No, you really been cartoonizing those that disagree with you as I said before when you didn't bother to read and did the same exact thing I said in the statement you replied to
Im not the one who accused disagreeing with trolling, nor tried to make it personal.

I find most of the people here to be overreacting to something that is either not an issue at all, or not a big one. And people defend their side with things that poke a big hole in their argument.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Saelune said:
If it already exists for free...then why are you complaining? Download it and move on.

And you're suggesting paying for easy mode in the future as equal to a bonus mode that most games dont have anyways. Hell, lots of games dont have easy mode either.
Like I said earlier, I don't even like Skyrim. Bethesda takes advantage of people who doesn't know how to mod or even knows that modding exists. Paid mods (Microtransactions) is anti-consumer, especially the way Bethesda's doing it. They put up ''mods'' for ludicrous prices (5 bucks for an armor and an extra 5 bucks the gun that matches aka microtransactions). Not only that, like mentioned in the video they use that shitty credit system which forces you to buy, for an example, 15 bucks for 1500 credits for the survival mode since it costs 800 credits, the lowest amount of credits you can buy is 750 for 7.5 dollars.

So, what's the difference between Bethesdas paid mods and microtransactions? No difference at all.

Saelune said:
Im not the one who accused disagreeing with trolling, nor tried to make it personal.

I find most of the people here to be overreacting to something that is either not an issue at all, or not a big one. And people defend their side with things that poke a big hole in their argument.
You're the one who replied with a snarky, sarcastic and nonsensical reply which is easily mistaken for trolling. You try to put words in my mouth, implying that I (When it's you) think a survival mode and a huge expansion got the same value.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:

Like I said earlier, I don't even like Skyrim. Bethesda takes advantage of people who doesn't know how to mod or even knows that modding exists. Paid mods (Microtransactions) is anti-consumer, especially the way Bethesda's doing it. They put up ''mods'' for ludicrous prices (5 bucks for an armor and an extra 5 bucks the gun that matches aka microtransactions). Not only that, like mentioned in the video they use that shitty credit system which forces you to buy, for an example, 15 bucks for 1500 credits for the survival mode since it costs 800 credits, the lowest amount of credits you can buy is 750 for 7.5 dollars.

So, what's the difference between Bethesdas paid mods and microtransactions? No difference at all.
So you dont even have a stake in this and just want to gloat? Well, now I know not to waste my time with you here anymore then since you just want to fan the flames.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...Well that's powerfully stupid. As someone who does regularly pay for mods, Bethesda mismanaging the hell out of the 'micro-DLC' they're pushing is just... really disappointing. Could've really done something that actually benefits the modders, like, say, working together with them to release Official Versions of popular mods, setting up a system that pays the modders for their work, but... instead they're charging people an arm and a leg for an inferior version. Shame, really.

It's just greed, pure and simple. Bethesda trying to capitalize on something that's existed in their games for over a decade, but has fucked it up so badly it's actually kinda painful to look at. Oh well, I'm still going to be paying for mods... through donate buttons on The Nexus.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:

So you dont even have a stake in this and just want to gloat? Well, now I know not to waste my time with you here anymore then since you just want to fan the flames.
Are you sure you're not trolling? The hell am I ''gloating'' over? Of course I have a stake in this, I play other moddable Bethesda games like Fallout, stuff like this affects that series and future Bethesda games. Try to actually watch the video OP posted instead of trying to slither your way out of this. Everyone who's a consumer of Bethesdas products has a stake in this, hell, everyone who's a consumer of video games has a stake in this.

Also thanks for ignoring my entire reply yet again, I'm just gonna assume that you have nothing better to come up with.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Wrex Brogan said:
...Well that's powerfully stupid. As someone who does regularly pay for mods, Bethesda mismanaging the hell out of the 'micro-DLC' they're pushing is just... really disappointing. Could've really done something that actually benefits the modders, like, say, working together with them to release Official Versions of popular mods, setting up a system that pays the modders for their work, but... instead they're charging people an arm and a leg for an inferior version. Shame, really.

It's just greed, pure and simple. Bethesda trying to capitalize on something that's existed in their games for over a decade, but has fucked it up so badly it's actually kinda painful to look at. Oh well, I'm still going to be paying for mods... through donate buttons on The Nexus.
^ This is how you get bothered by this without overblowing it.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Saelune said:
Wrex Brogan said:

That's almost literally what I said in my previous reply but apparently I was just gloating.

Deadguy2322

Jul 22, 2017
Considering that last generation Bethesda had no compunctions about releasing terribly broken PS3 versions of their games at full price and acting like nothing was wrong with them, nothing they do in terms of being ethically lacking and greedy can shock me.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
Wrex Brogan said:

That's almost literally what I said in my previous reply but apparently I was just gloating.

Don't bother, I made a similar thread not too long ago and there just like on here Saelune has shown they have no intention whatsoever of being convinced of anything. They don't give a damn despite how obvious it is they should so they think nobody else should give a damn either and dismisses any arguments to the contrary as petty whining. It doesn't matter if Bethesda or any other developer for that matter made games that only lasted 5 minutes or the rest of eternity, the worst games in human history or the best, made nothing or literally every dollar, euro, pound, etc. on the planet, there is absolutely NOTHING that justifies this paid mod crap, microtransactions, on disc DLC, Day One DLC or ANY of the rest of these consumer screwing business practices.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Saelune said:
Wrex Brogan said:

...well that's a little unfair to everyone else in the thread, given I'm not saying anything particularly ground-breaking. Hell, I'm straight pissed about Bethesda doing this given the monumental failure of their last attempt at it and the blatant disregard they have for the modding communities, I'm just putting it into nicer words than 'Fuckthesda'.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Saelune said:
Kerg3927 said:
So a for profit company doing things to increase profits...

In other news... a baseball player plays baseball!
Skyrim unmodded offers hundreds of hours more game than most games that dont even have modding.

Id rather they work on TESVI than modding Skyrim. Should be more people complaining that they arent adding survival to Oblivion or Morrowind...or Arena.
How dare you forget about the best of all the elder scroll games Daggerfall. D:

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
This is just foreboding for the next Bethesda titles and sad to see.

To effectively charge 15$ (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for a hardcore mode is incredible, as well as effectively charging 5$ for skins, which is even more expensive than horse armor.

Also retrofitting an old-ass game with this is a bit disgusting to me. Leave "my" game alone.

You know, this is a bit foreshadowing as well. If they keep retrofitting software this might open them up for lawsuits in the EU since laws here are a bit different, apparently. If I had the money, I'd sue them. :D I really, really despise this tactic where my game gets altered in such a way that I wouldn't have bought it if I'd have known this beforehand.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Bobular said:
Eh, they'll be a mod that does it better for free soon, if there isn't one already.
kenu12345 said:
Aren't these already in other mods and alot more detailed with more items for free
Katherine Kerensky said:
Just get that survival mod, something about frost or cold.
Ah, Frostfall [https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11163/?]. Almost 3 million downloads, and it won't cost you a penny.
Only some, or even none, might be available for console players.

Laggyteabag said:
Paid mods are bullshit. Their paid mods are even more bullshit.
"They're not mods, but player created add-ons"
-Pete Hines, Bethesda VP.