Never Enough "FUCK YOUS" For Bethesda

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Pretty disgusting, it's also disgusting that people don't see this as a big deal and actually defends it.
I think its disgusting that people forget that for a mere 60 or less $, many people have gotten more playtime and joy out of these games than they have out of 200+$ worth of other games, yet complain about Bethesda being greedy.
You do realize that someone could get countless hours out of any game, that doesn't change recent things they done being obviously greed driven or really poorly done. I know you are going for the whole devil's advocate but I think you are missing the mark a lot
I am not going for devil's advocate. People here clearly do not appreciate what Bethesda has done for them and this one thing that they can just not partake in has them acting like Bethesda murdered their parents.

Be mad if you're mad, but people are literally over-reacting.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Pretty disgusting, it's also disgusting that people don't see this as a big deal and actually defends it.
I think its disgusting that people forget that for a mere 60 or less $, many people have gotten more playtime and joy out of these games than they have out of 200+$ worth of other games, yet complain about Bethesda being greedy.
You do realize that someone could get countless hours out of any game, that doesn't change recent things they done being obviously greed driven or really poorly done. I know you are going for the whole devil's advocate but I think you are missing the mark a lot
I am not going for devil's advocate. People here clearly do not appreciate what Bethesda has done for them and this one thing that they can just not partake in has them acting like Bethesda murdered their parents.

I am saying you are playing the devil's advocate of the language you use. Completely cartoonizing one side while acting like everyone owes a company something just cause they are said company while ignoring all context within the past including repeated attempts and poor implementation, frivilous lawsuits against game studios, blatant fabrications, and anti consumer practices. You act like cause someone liked a game, they are forever indebted to a company and not allowed to criticize it. Like the fact that since I like Fire Emblem 7 and played that more than any other game for only like twenty dollars means I should just shut up when I hear bout their dlc practices are how they stripping the game of all nuance. Or to put it in terms you'll understand, its like someone telling you you cant think Zontar is racist cause you've had a couple good conversations with him bout idk warhammer or some shit.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

I am saying you are playing the devil's advocate of the language you use. Completely cartoonizing one side while acting like everyone owes a company something just cause they are said company while ignoring all context within the past including repeated attempts and poor implementation, frivilous lawsuits against game studios, blatant fabrications, and anti consumer practices. You act like cause someone liked a game, they are forever indebted to a company and not allowed to criticize it. Like the fact that since I like Fire Emblem 7 and played that more than any other game for only like twenty dollars means I should just shut up when I hear bout their dlc practices are how they stripping the game of all nuance. Or to put it in terms you'll understand, its like someone telling you you cant think Zontar is racist cause you've had a couple good conversations with him bout idk warhammer or some shit.
No, people are just butthurt cause some mods have a dollar sign attached to it when free modding is still going to be plenty thriving, especially with all the people making free mods intentionally as a response to this.

People like to shit on Bethesda despite all the good they do. No, they arent perfect, but compared to most others they are more than great. Maybe some people complaining here are justified, but my guess is not really. Many probably have thousands of hours they got out of 60$, or played Destiny 2 after playing Destiny 1, or huge fans of the entire Mass Effect series, or buy every EA sports game, or have been buying into microtransactions all while I have been saying how shit they are and NOT buying them, etc.

Edit: And lets not try to make this something personal, eh?

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
kenu12345 said:
Completely cartoonizing one side while acting like everyone owes a company something just cause they are said company while ignoring all context within the past including repeated attempts and poor implementation, frivilous lawsuits against game studios, blatant fabrications, and anti consumer practices.
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

No, people are just butthurt cause some mods have a dollar sign attached to it when free modding is still going to be plenty thriving, especially with all the people making free mods intentionally as a response to this.

People like to shit on Bethesda despite all the good they do. No, they arent perfect, but compared to most others they are more than great. Maybe some people complaining here are justified, but my guess is not really. Many probably have thousands of hours they got out of 60$, or played Destiny 2 after playing Destiny 1, or huge fans of the entire Mass Effect series, or buy every EA sports game, or have been buying into microtransactions all while I have been saying how shit they are and NOT buying them, etc.

Please read. And it was an example

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
kenu12345 said:
kenu12345 said:
Completely cartoonizing one side while acting like everyone owes a company something just cause they are said company while ignoring all context within the past including repeated attempts and poor implementation, frivilous lawsuits against game studios, blatant fabrications, and anti consumer practices.
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

Please read. And it was an example
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

Please read.

Feb 7, 2016
Like, Skyrim was financially successful, right? And despite some opinions on it being "downgraded" from previous installments, garnered them some pretty positive brand recognition, right?
And people have put up with them not only double dipping, not triple dipping but quadruple dipping (Original release, Legendary Edition, Remastered Edition, Switch Edition).
Did some overly rich prick that can't see his dick behind his waist anymore really think it was the best course of action to throw ALL of that away and push their luck with something they have no business shoving themselves into?

Feb 7, 2016
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

I did appreciate Bethesda's work. By giving them $60. TWICE. Not including DLC purchases. And their response is "Hmmmm, that's nice. But we're going to need some more money than that for this ONE GAME."

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
DeliveryGodNoah said:
Saelune said:
kenu12345 said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

I did appreciate Bethesda's work. By giving them $60. TWICE. Not including DLC purchases. And their response is "Hmmmm, that's nice. But we're going to need some more money than that for this ONE GAME."
Except you dont need to give them more money. They didnt take away parts of the game. If Fallout 4 did not add free survival, then would you all be complaining? Seems they should have never given free content to begin with.

"But the other boy got candy..."

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
60 bucks is a lot of money and Skyrim is still one of the best selling games of all time, yet releasing a higher difficulty for money ISN'T greedy? It's not like they're in desperate need for more money that they have to sell something everyone else is giving out for free.

You're basically telling people to stop enjoying the games so much unless you want to pay more money because more more fun should be more expensive.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
60 bucks is a lot of money and Skyrim is still one of the best selling games of all time, yet releasing a higher difficulty for money ISN'T greedy? It's not like they're in desperate need for more money that they have to sell something everyone else is giving out for free.

You're basically telling people to stop enjoying the games so much unless you want to pay more money because more more fun should be more expensive.
No its not greedy. Its DLC. Its extra. If they wanted to be mad about the lack of survival, they should have done it in 2011.

They could have just as easily not put in the extra work to make this content. They could have just moved on. Instead they had the audacity to ask for compensation for their extra work? The nerve, right?

I bet you would never dare ask for overtime pay for doing more work, would you?

Edit: The game still works right? Its not like the game wont work if you dont buy the survival mode.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

No its not greedy. Its DLC. Its extra. If they wanted to be mad about the lack of survival, they should have done it in 2011.

They could have just as easily not put in the extra work to make this content. They could have just moved on. Instead they had the audacity to ask for compensation for their extra work? The nerve, right?

Edit: The game still works right? Its not like the game wont work if you dont buy the survival mode.
DLC can be greedy, ''extra'' can be greedy.

''Extra work'' Yeah, work that modders gladly done for FREE for a decade or two. So yeah, they could have just not put in extra work since you can the Survival mode for free by modding your game.

NOONE asked for this, they could either release it for free or not at all. If they expect to be paid for ''overtime'', they should've released content worth buying and content people will buy. Noone wants to buy a difficulty setting, hence the backlash. It's nothing but greed, the creation club is nothing but greed, how you can not understand that is not my problem.

No shit? Noone claimed otherwise. I don't even like Skyrim but at least I can see the issue here.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

''Extra work'' Yeah, work that modders gladly done for FREE for a decade or two. So yeah, they could have just not put in extra work since you can the Survival mode for free by modding your game.

NOONE asked for this, they could either release it for free or not at all. If they expect to be paid for ''overtime'', they should've released content worth buying and content people will buy. It's nothing but greed, the creation club is nothing but greed, how you can not understand that is not my problem.

No shit? Noone claimed otherwise. I don't even like Skyrim but at least I can see the issue here.
Then dont buy it and use a free mod.

It seems it is the people complaining who are the greedy ones.

Whitbane

Apathetic...
Mar 7, 2012
After the shitshow that was Fallout 4, this doesn't surprise me at all. Get ready for a future of paying for mods.

God, that makes me taste bile.

Fuck, I hope Obsidian gets another shot at the IP. Bethesda can crash and burn.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

NOONE asked for this, they could either release it for free or not at all. If they expect to be paid for ''overtime'', they should've released content worth buying and content people will buy. It's nothing but greed, the creation club is nothing but greed, how you can not understand that is not my problem.

You don't have to tell me twice, you don't have to tell anyone with an ounce of self-respect twice.

Yeah it's not the companies who once released something for free but now charges money that are greedy. Remember when map packs used to be free? Then they started charging for them on consoles and people bought them, now they're charging 15 bucks for 3 maps on all platforms.

It's weird that something used to be free but isn't anymore, huh? This is probably just the beginning.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

You don't have to tell me twice, you don't have to tell anyone with an ounce of self-respects twice.

Yeah it's not the companies who once released something for free but now charges money that are greedy. Remember when map packs used to be free? Then they started charging for them on consoles and people bought them, now they're charging 15 bucks for 3 maps on all platforms.

It's weird that something used to be free but isn't anymore, huh? This is probably just the beginning.
Remember when games didnt look like Skyrim? Remember when games werent as big as Skyrim? Or as fleshed out?

And it sounds like you are blaming Skyrim for something EA and Activision and Capcom had already done years ago and since. Why take it out on Skyrim and Bethesda when I suppose you should be yelling at Capcom and Streetfighter x Tekken, not THAT was greedy.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
They already got a heap of fuck you's from me after finding out what they pulled off with Obsidian. Forcing them to release NV in a beta state all because they were too fucking pansy that it would overshadow Skyrim.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

You don't have to tell me twice, you don't have to tell anyone with an ounce of self-respects twice.

Remember when games didnt look like Skyrim? Remember when games werent as big as Skyrim? Or as fleshed out?

And it sounds like you are blaming Skyrim for something EA and Activision and Capcom had already done years ago and since. Why take it out on Skyrim and Bethesda when I suppose you should be yelling at Capcom and Streetfighter x Tekken, not THAT was greedy.
Remember when games didn't sell nearly as much as Skyrim? Remember when games weren't on as many platforms as Skyrim? Why can CDProjektRED release DLC for 20 dollars that gives you +45 hours of story, a huge new map, plenty of new characters/side quests and armors/swords etc etc...but all Bethesda can give you for 15 dollars is survival mode that used to be free?

Skyrim is one of the most sold games of all time (30 million copies as of last year) but they can't release a mod for free? Modders make mods like Survival mode for FREE on their spare time but Bethesda must charge 15 bucks for the same mod. Yeah, it's clearly not about squeezing more money out of your loyal fans at all.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
DeliveryGodNoah said:
And people have put up with them not only double dipping, not triple dipping but quadruple dipping (Original release, Legendary Edition, Remastered Edition, Switch Edition).
I agree with a lot of things said in this thread but this is kinda silly to be quite fair, except for the Switch edition.

Legendary Edition is just Skyrim bundled with all DLC for cheaper. Special Edition was given out completely for free if you had Skyrim with all DLCs or Legendary. The Switch edition is excessive though, yes. As to whether they should have given out Special for free entirely is up for debate though. Personally, I agree with charging for Special. And it's even kinda cheaper than regular Skyrim.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

Remember when games didn't sell nearly as much as Skyrim? Remember when games weren't on as many platforms as Skyrim? Why can CDProjektRED release DLC for 20 dollars that gives you +45 hours of story, a huge new map, plenty of new characters/side quests and armors/swords etc etc...but all Bethesda can give you for 15 dollars is survival mode that used to be free?

Skyrim is one of the most sold games of all time (30 million copies as of last year) but they can't release a mod for free? Modders make mods like Survival mode for FREE on their spare time but Bethesda must charge 15 bucks for the same mod. Yeah, it's clearly not about squeezing more money out of your loyal fans at all.
20$ for expansion? How greedy of ProjektRed. It should have been free.