Never forget your first...

Cari Scholtens

Jun 3, 2009
Ha! You've fallen into my trap! What was the first videogame you ever played? THE first now! Do you wish it was something else? I am proud to say my first game was the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES. However, I am a bit ashamed to say it was the one that came in the same cartridge as Duck Hunt. I am a bit of a purist. Anyway, your turn Escapists! What was the first game you ever played? After all, you never forget your first.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I forgot.

No, really.

The earliest I remember playing was Tetris and a Pac-Man variation, however I know they weren't the first.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
The very first? Pong, on one of those wood veneer finish consoles in the late 70s or very early 80s.

However the first game I'd say I played in the modern age of gaming would be Final Doom, on the PS1. 15 years later and Doom is still my favourite game of all time.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Funny. According to my dad my first game was Duck Hunt, and it came on the same cartridge as Super Mario Bros. for the NES. :p

I still consider Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back to be the very first game that got me into gaming though.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
First one I can recall playing was Croc on the Ps one. But there was probably something before that.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
The thread is a lie! I've absolutely forgotten.

Presumably it'd be something on a Commodore or Atari though, whichever was older. Hell, maybe even an Amstrad.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Frogger on a Coleco mini arcade. Defender and 1942 for Atari are also possibilites. As is Chucky Egg on BBC.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Mario Bros. on the Atari I believe. Not fully sure though. It has been over 20 years after all.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Crash Bandicoot.

The first level, "N. Sanity Beach", I remember it well.

I remember asking my sister if she could teach me how to play a game on the Playstation 1 and she showed me the controls.

Before I knew it I was addicted...and so it began.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
It was probably Super Mario Bros. 1 or 2. I don't remember which.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
First ever game I played was Pokemon for the Gameboy. My friend brought it in one day and I was enthralled. I think that was about 10 years ago.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Pokemon Yellow version and I've been a pokefan ever since. Oddly enough, It's also the only Pokemon game I've never beaten.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
It's difficult to actually pin-point the first game that I have ever played. I would say that it was either Mrs. Pac-Man or Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. Those are the earliest games that I can remember playing.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I can't say for sure but I think the first game I played or at least the first game I remember playing was Jak and Daxter on the PS2. However im pretty sure I had played some pokemon games before that.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
It's some ancient DOS Mickey game, "Mickey's 123: The Big Surprise Party." Had to have my parents do the command-line for me since I was too young to understand the command prompt. :p

Dec 14, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Sonic the Hedgehog for SEGA Mega Drive

And so it began.
Same here bro...

Same here.

In fact, I was up until 4 in the morning last night just listening to remixes of all the classic tunes from Megadrive/Genesis generation of Sonic titles.

Awww, I've gone and nostalgia'd all over myself again.

Thandran

Feb 19, 2011
I remember it was a game about tanks killing tanks with very, very 'bitty' graphics.

I was 3 years old at the time. Now I'm 20. Heh... so many games I've played, so many I will play. I'm quite looking forward to the future. :3