Never forget your first...

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
I wouldnt have a clue... Im not sure I was even old enough to be able to remember.

Probably some sort of shareware circa the late 80s. I remember Bubble Bobble, Lode Runner and Prince of Persia being on the computer, but I know there were more child friendly games I played as well when I was too young for the coordination and speed required for those.

loudmadman

Nov 22, 2011
My first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. I never got passed the first world back then (I was 5, don't judge me :p)

Aug 20, 2011
I *think* it was Super Mario Bros. 3. Possibly SMB1. I played it at someone else's house, so I didn't get anywhere in it. First game I ever completed on my own was Sonic The Hedgehog 3.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Um...computer solitaire? Maybe?

If you're talking the first I have actual impressions of playing (as opposed to these old 5 1/4 floppies of small games, like Bananoid and Spinwall), then I'd say Hillsfar for the PC.

brubobaggins

Jun 16, 2011
NBA Jam for the Sega Megadrive. God I was terrible at that game...

"From doooowntowwwwn!" *le sigh*

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Pokemon Yellow for the Gameboy.

My parents brought me that so they can blame themselves if I got into gaming. xD

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
The first games I remember playing were Wolfenstein and Theme Park on the Atari Jaguar. Good Times.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
... I think is was Megaman X for the SNES... I do remember Zero Dying and beating Sigma later... I was 3 years old. I tried doing it last year and I was Raging at how hard the game was. What the fuck happened?

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
Earliest game I can remember playing is Mortal Kombat, the first one not the new one fkin lazy title. My brother had a friend who had it and we use to play it.

iDoom46

Dec 31, 2010
Believe it or not, I started off with Super Mario Bros.

Great start to a wonderful lifetime-long passtime.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Andy Shandy said:
Sonic the Hedgehog for SEGA Mega Drive
Same here. It was the best game ever. Because of this, I may have a bias when playing the newer ones, since I still think Sonic games are good.

Lord Merik

May 17, 2011
Age Of Empires I. Played it at my cousins house and played a LAN game with them. They curb stomped me.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Some EARLY edutainment called "Bananas and Jack". It was surprisingly high quality, actually... but impossible to find. Seriously, if you can find it on Google (it's a child's game about a monkey and a jack-in-the-box), you're my hero.

Bucky01

Sep 28, 2010
Heart of darkness on the PS1. still have the disks and play every now and then.
but considering how i was only 7 when i started playing a game with very graphic deaths....
but hey rated E for everybody right?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Super Mario World. I liked it better than Super Mario Bros 1 or 3 while watching my dad and sisters play, so I played that one first. It was good fun.