Never forget your first...

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
jedi88 said:
Ha! You've fallen into my trap! What was the first videogame you ever played? THE first now! Do you wish it was something else? I am proud to say my first game was the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES. However, I am a bit ashamed to say it was the one that came in the same cartridge as Duck Hunt. I am a bit of a purist. Anyway, your turn Escapists! What was the first game you ever played? After all, you never forget your first.
I still have a copy of it, but my first game was the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet. I still have both a functioning light gun and that running pad.

The only thing keeping me from firing up Duck Hunt anymore is that I'd starting to get difficult to get ahold of a TV shitty enough for the light gun to work.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Well I forgot, so there goes your theory...

It was either Pokemon Red or Super Mario All-Stars (a collection of the first few Mario games). Both are good first games I guess.

Wouldn't say they really got me into gaming. That honour probably goes to Oblivion.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Metroid on the NES when I was 3 (at the babysitters).

Consciously, I remember Burger Time, AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin, and Tower of Doom.
First game I actively tried to beat (and succeeded) was Super Mario Bros 3, followed swiftly by MegaMan 3 and Zelda 1. (Zelda 2 as well, but I have nightmares about Zelda 2...)

OH! And my family doctor had a Ms. Pac-Man machine in the waiting room's lobby.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
First video game ever was Mine Storm for the Vectrex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVf6AGntHo8

First "name brand" video game was Super Mario World for the SNES.

Cari Scholtens

Jun 3, 2009
SNES Legend of Zelda. I played my older brother's game while he was away at his dad's house for the weekend. Being a small child at the time, I saved over his complete file with my new save.

Honestly, he wasn't even that angry. It was mostly that I could tell that I had really hurt him, really ruined something that he cared about. Seeing how much it meant to him made me really want to learn more.

Here I am, today. I still feel pretty guilty.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Nasrin said:
SNES Legend of Zelda. I played my older brother's game while he was away at his dad's house for the weekend. Being a small child at the time, I saved over his complete file with my new save.

Honestly, he wasn't even that angry. It was mostly that I could tell that I had really hurt him, really ruined something that he cared about. Seeing how much it meant to him made me really want to learn more.

Here I am, today. I still feel pretty guilty.
Space Invaders on Atari 2600 was the first I'm pretty sure. If not it was probably either Berzerk or Airlock

Never had to feel guilty about playing those, but to this day I still feel guilty for ever playing ET. :)

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Collumns on the sega megadrive. Kinda lame, I know. I did play Sonic the Hedgehog shortly after that though so I like to pretend that was my first.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
I believe it was the original Gran Turismo for the PS1, although it could have possibly been the original Cool Borders.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Bonk's Revenge for the Turbografx-16. Never heard of it? I don't blame you. It was actually pretty awesome, though.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Sixcess said:
The very first? Pong, on one of those wood veneer finish consoles in the late 70s or very early 80s.

However the first game I'd say I played in the modern age of gaming would be Final Doom, on the PS1. 15 years later and Doom is still my favourite game of all time.
How old ARE you? I always asumed you were a 20ish year old girl ... Based on your avatar . Then again my avatar is ... Maybe i shouldn't have said anything .

OT : the first i vivedly remember playing is final fantasy 1 . I was 3 years old . I know i have played mario games before that thought , but thats based on my dad telling me .

Truniron

Nov 9, 2010
The first video game I played was Space Invader for the Atari 2600. Loved it and I still thinks it is a fun game.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Halo: Combat Evolved. at the ripe, pedophile targeted age of 5. I sucked [not much hand eye coordination at 5], but i was hooked. Finished it at 8. Greatest achievement of my gaming life.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I have literally been playing games so long that I can't remember the first game I played. I was playing computer games and video games at like...4 years old...so yeah. Your guess is as good as mine.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
Sixcess said:
The very first? Pong, on one of those wood veneer finish consoles in the late 70s or very early 80s.
You're probably about my age--I was going to say pretty much the same thing. I remember playing Pong in the arcades and the dedicated console versions.