New Devil May Cry Set In "Parallel World"

TheCowman

Oct 22, 2011
Thanks to a lifetime of comic books, this doesn't faze me in the slightest. Of COURSE it's an alternate reality; every reboot/re-imagining is. It doesn't really change anything and it gives fans of the original continuity some peace of mind in the continuing existence of THEIR version.

It's one of the mistakes DC made with their recent pseudo-reboot. If they'd just said that the new titles followed a different universe and that DC proper was still there; the nerd-rage would've been far less than what it was.

I never played the other DMC's; their aesthetics just didn't appeal to me. I'm interested in this one since Ninja Theory is working on it. I loved Enslaved and quite enjoyed Kung-Fu Chaos, so I'm interested to see what they do with it.

Also, the alternate dimension angle might end up giving them a little more freedom with the story.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
Kind of a flip-flop really. If I can recall, they said that the Dante we know is the same as the one in the "reboot", just much younger. Now they're saying they're unrelated in different realities?

Whatever. I don't know what exactly they're trying to pull, but hopefully they can get back to continuing the main Dante series after this.

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
tacotrainwreck said:
Didn't Team Ninja also do this with a Metroid game? Wasn't it also a hunk of dog poo? Let the records show that my standards are pretty low.
Gameplay-wise it was pretty damn solid.

Looks like it's the same case here.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
MrMisfit said:
Didn't Capcom already pull this alternate Dante crap with DMC2?
DmC Dante is the prequel to DMC2 Dante, didn't you know?

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
HerbertTheHamster said:
Maybe if Ninja theory made games that aren't complete shit I would actually care about this

vansau said:
Team Ninja
Shouldn't it be ninja theory? i r confus
Ugh. Yes, it should be. I can't believe I did that. Fixed now.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Actually I just noticed that even the article miscredited Ninja Theory as Team Ninja. That's...pretty bad

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Therumancer said:
Well to be fair, as people who played "Nocturne" can tell you, this wouldn't be the first alternate world we've seen Dante involved in.
and he was a beast >.> IF you get him

yay!!

it STILL doesn't make me want the game cause, their still dicks :p

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
As a fan of classic Dante and not so much a fan of new one, i assumed this at the very start of the debacle.

I just hope Ninja Theory shits out a DMC-standard[footnote]NOT DMC2[/footnote] playable game then we be allowed to forget that it ever happened.

arcade109

Jul 7, 2010
Ahh, now they have an excuse to go back to normal if it happens to bomb. Well played.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Irridium said:
So, first it was a reboot. Then a prequel. Now an alternate reality?

I wish they'd pick something and stick with it. Because now it's just getting silly.
It's Ninja Theory their own ideas are stabbing each other in the shadows.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Kitsuna10060 said:
Therumancer said:
Well to be fair, as people who played "Nocturne" can tell you, this wouldn't be the first alternate world we've seen Dante involved in.
and he was a beast >.> IF you get him

yay!!

it STILL doesn't make me want the game cause, their still dicks :p
Although they nerfed him in the fight against Satan with his lack of Pierce attacks. You'd think DANTE of all people would be a good choice to use against Satan!

Still badass though.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
What. The. Fuck.?

So first we didn't what to think. (except that Ninja Theory had it and we would hate it)
The trailer came out.
Then we hated it.
Then they told us that we like it. (even tho we don't)
Then we hated it more.
And now they're saying that we aren't suppose to like it. (because we don't) har har

Talk about a quick, shoddy way to cover your ass there guys. We still won't like it regardless. But nice try. Kinda.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
Hey, at least this means they totally didn't ruin the story of the demon lord and the human he loved. You know, by trying to trash all that and claim one of the few good background elements thats been built up over four games is now totally a lie, because his mother was actually an angel instead.

Woot, no more canon Half Demon/Half Angel bs in my beloved memories. Now they just need to release the release on 360 and I'll be happy as heck.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Bullcrap! Now Capcom is really pissing me off! Wanna know something? I was actually looking forward to the thought of this game as a PREQUEL(not a reboot, this is a teen Dante not a young adult we see him as). Now it's like that comic book series that asks,"What if Superman landed in Russia?". I'm pretty sure Capcom is just doing everything it can at this point to drag away attention to another fiasco a couple of months ago, one that basically makes believe they've given up on their mascot. Just play with it Capcom, let it work and if their is rage you probably deserved it, you still do. It will never go away.

But seriously this is just lazy fire fighting, instead of explaining the fact you're dismissing it into theory? Way to make a stand Capcom, you always were one that loved to commit.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Flailing Escapist said:
What. The. Fuck.?

So first we didn't what to think. (except that Ninja Theory had it and we would hate it)
The trailer came out.
Then we hated it.
Then they told us that we like it. (even tho we don't)
Then we hated it more.
And now they're saying that we aren't suppose to like it. (because we don't) har har

Talk about a quick, shoddy way to cover your ass there guys. We still won't like it regardless. But nice try. Kinda.
Think if the DmC sales tank they'll go crawling back to Megaman?