New Devil May Cry Set In "Parallel World"

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Their previous pitch was ballsy. This alternate reality bullshit almost completely removes my interest in the game. Bold choices must be made to move the franchise forward, not replaying the same stuff i´ve been experiencing for 4 games. Bad move, Ninja Theory.

cgentero

Nov 5, 2010
Ever since they said this Dante would be half demon half angel I knew something like this would be said.

BTW given the suspiciously similar look to the lead producer and now the half demon half angel thing this is sounding like a glorified fan fic.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
tacotrainwreck said:
Didn't Team Ninja also do this with a Metroid game? Wasn't it also a hunk of dog poo? Let the records show that my standards are pretty low.
Nope Team Ninja did that, and yes it was a heaping pile of crap.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
This actually could be cool. That is of course if they do some cool things with the story. So I'm all for it.

TheCowman

Oct 22, 2011
MeatMachine said:
...but Ninja Theory has ALWAYS made games with great storylimetriodothermnes! :<
Metroid Other M was Team Ninja.

Ninja Theory made Heavenly Sword and Enslaved.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
anthony87 said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
Therumancer said:
Well to be fair, as people who played "Nocturne" can tell you, this wouldn't be the first alternate world we've seen Dante involved in.
and he was a beast >.> IF you get him

yay!!

it STILL doesn't make me want the game cause, their still dicks :p
Although they nerfed him in the fight against Satan with his lack of Pierce attacks. You'd think DANTE of all people would be a good choice to use against Satan!

Still badass though.
well, to be fair, they nerfed every one for that fight, but yeah, you'd think he'd be better suited to deal with lucy *shrugs* didn't stop me from beating his ass though

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
vansau said:
However, now that we're in Alternate Reality Territory, we'd better get to see a bunch of evil versions of characters, <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Universe_(Star_Trek)#The_Original_Series>sporting goatees. Because that's how parallel worlds work.
A goatee would have made the new Dante design bearable.
Anyone for alt skins? We need to petition for that to make it in. Heck, maybe even a skinnier version of DMC3 Dante as an alternate costume, with white hair always on unless that screws with the plot, and changing the eyes. Just the red jacket and Ebony and Ivory returning would be fine with me.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
GreatTeacherCAW said:
I don't really care. The gameplay videos look fucking awesome, so they could set this in a future where Dante is a robot for all I care.
What's this? Rational thought? On the internet and about a previously long-established game series? INCONCEIVABLE!

OT: I find it hard to care about this news, and I'm starting to think DmC may become the new Sonic the Hedgehog, what with all of the irrational fanboy hatred that has been flung around since this game was announced all because of a damn aesthetic change. It's Devil May Cry, people. The story has always been balls-to-the-wall insane, just like all of Capcom's IPs. And take a quick glance at how Dante appeared in DmC3. If it weren't for the fact that "Oh, well he's DANTE!" I could guarantee that people would ***** and moan their hearts out for him to go crawling back to whatever JRPG he came from (just see a lot of the fanboy response to Raiden from MGS2, or hell, the response to Nero in DmC4).

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Flailing Escapist said:
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
This actually could be cool. That is of course if they do some cool things with the story. SO I'm ll for it.
Ninja Theory? Story? Perish the thought.
I only played one of their games, Enslaved, and I thought the story/characters were very well done. The combat on the other hand was disappointing. But maybe that was just me.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Xeraxis said:
Kind of a flip-flop really. If I can recall, they said that the Dante we know is the same as the one in the "reboot", just much younger. Now they're saying they're unrelated in different realities?

Whatever. I don't know what exactly they're trying to pull, but hopefully they can get back to continuing the main Dante series after this.
What they're trying to pull is to please the vocal minority. Something game developers shouldn't worry about.

If Bioware freaked out about the vocal minority, people who actually have real life friends with similar interests or have met people on sites like this, who enjoy similar games to them, Mass Effect 3 wouldn't have a really cool looking co-op mode.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
No, no, NO! Ninja Theory, you screwed up bad. Just own up to it.

At this point, they're just ruining the whole thing. They tried something new, it blew in their faces and now they're trying to back off. I would like to see them either stick to their guns at the expense of pissing a lot of fans off in the future BUT coming up with a good game that would perhaps change people's minds OR just continue with the DVC saga we all know and love, not this bullshit.

TehCookie said:
DmC Dante is the prequel to DMC2 Dante, didn't you know?
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where did you get this from? It seems like something someone typed up based on the current trailers we've seen, but still...I'm curious now.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
(just see a lot of the fanboy response to Raiden from MGS2.)
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...whoa...that was pretty justified. To go from badass Solid Snake to that. But then rectified in 4. He was still Raiden, but, he didn't look like a female.

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
shrekfan246 said:
(just see a lot of the fanboy response to Raiden from MGS2.)
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...whoa...that was pretty justified. To go from badass Solid Snake to that. But then rectified in 4. He was still Raiden, but, he didn't look like a female.
I might have a higher tolerance for ambiguously gendered protagonists from growing up playing Final Fantasy a lot, but my issue with it isn't that people were put off by going from Snake to Raiden, it's that people still bash on Raiden even though, in my opinion, he was pretty badass in MGS4 and MGS:Rising sounds like it's going to be really good (don't mind the run-on sentence). But every fanboy holds on to their irrational hatred of his MGS2 persona, as if they were personally physically harmed by the change in protagonist.

I actually understand people getting angry over going from Solid Snake to Raiden as player characters. Solid Snake is awesome (though he's really terrible at keeping conversations going). Raiden looked like a character dragged from a JRPG, not a Metal Gear Solid game. But the people who can't drop it now really just bug me. Especially when they say that he looks like a JRPG character as if it's an insult, like JRPGs shouldn't even exist. I'm not sure whether it's brought on by ignorance or intolerance, but either way it just strikes me as something that we should be able to get past in this day and age.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Original Raiden definitely looked like a JRPG character, which is less a slam of JRPG's and more a, that kind of design doesn't belong here. Like if it were a spin-off game, it'd be one thing. But to bring that character design into the main series of the game, as a main character was a bit off-putting.

It didn't bother me too much, past being an annoyance. And like I said, all was made well with 4. Raiden was appropriate for the setting. It's a game set on ridiculous, but character design has always seemed somewhat consistently weird.

But not JRPG looking weird. It's own flavor of MGS weird.

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
shrekfan246 said:
Original Raiden definitely looked like a JRPG character, which is less a slam of JRPG's and more a, that kind of design doesn't belong here. Like if it were a spin-off game, it'd be one thing. But to bring that character design into the main series of the game, as a main character was a bit off-putting.

It didn't bother me too much, past being an annoyance. And like I said, all was made well with 4. Raiden was appropriate for the setting. It's a game set on ridiculous, but character design has always seemed somewhat consistently weird.

But not JRPG looking weird. It's own flavor of MGS weird.
Then we can agree on at least a basic level. I agree MGS2 Raiden looked out of place for the style of game, and MGS4 Raiden certainly fit much better. I'm glad that you don't harbor the same anger toward the character overall that I've seen many other people express.

To bring it back OT: I think I'll ignore news releases about the new DmC from now on and ignorantly enjoy the game when it's released while all of the people who don't like Dante's new look miss out on what by all appearances will be a great game with a silly story, because I suppose I'm just not as bothered by the character design as some other people are.