New Devil May Cry Set In "Parallel World"

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah that's never a good sign.

Oh it's a reboot! Oh what they hate it? Ok it's a prequel, nevermind guys? Oh what it STILL sucks that bad? Ok it's just an alternate universe guys.

I have a bad feeling that this is going to make DMC2 look like a stellar contribution to the series... Capcom made a bad move in trying to give it to a dev like this to try and "westernize" it for the American audience. Unless you handle something like that with extreme care it hardly ever works. Especially annoying that, IMO, they had just perfectly found the right style for Dante between DMC3 and 4.

Nero was the one crying out to be fleshed out more not Dante...

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Oh, so this is the reality where DMC isn't good and Dante is a Twilight reject, thanks for the confirmation, got it.

*goes back to his own reality, pretending that the new one doesn't exist...since...well...according to them it really doesn't! woo hoo, I was right all along!*

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Beautiful End said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where did you get this from? It seems like something someone typed up based on the current trailers we've seen, but still...I'm curious now.
4chan, so it's not trustworthy. Still entertaining, and a fan can dream...

If 4chan was in charge of the next DMC game:

>few years from now, after DmC flops and seems to be buried, at E3, New DMC announced, crowd murmurs
>trailer starts, demons wreaking havoc, people hiding away scared, the world has gone to shit with no one there to stop it
>cut to Donte, looking up at the sky and smoking
>crowd buzzes with disappointment
>He takes one long drag, getting up picking up his sword. He begins walking toward the screen
>crowd is now vocal with disapproval
>suddenly, a door flies across the screen, slamming into Donte and sending him off the screen.
>old motherfuckin Dante walks out
>"Didya miss me?"
>cut to glorious 60fps bloody palace gameplay
>Dante is pulling out all the CRAAAZZZY moves and weapons from previous installments, using otf switching, including the old styles from 3
>suddenly another, familiar looking hp bar appears on the screen
>crowd goes quiet, wondering what the fuck
>cut to a hand moving upwards to a red handle of a sword
>a loud rev is heard, a burst of flame emerges from the sword
>camera pans around to show Nero, grinning and baring his Devil Bringer
>"Okay! This may be fun!"
>Crowd begins cheering louder, drowning out the sound from the trailer
>Nero joins in the crazy, showing off old moves as well as new ones, including crazy bro-op moves where Nero pitches an enemy and Dante uses Rebellion like a bat.
>revealed to have multiplayer co-op
>All the enemies cleared, a boss drops down.
>Dante and Nero walk towards it
>Dante: "Is that all?"
>Nero: "Heh, I hope not"
>suddenly a voice rings out from behind the boss
>"Don't get cocky".
>cut to Vergil holding Yamato behind the boss
>Trailer cuts to black.
>One word is heard, spoken by all three characters in unison
>"Jackpot"
>Crowd bursts into treats

>one year later
>tgs
>Capcom's presentation
>they show the old trailer again
>everyone's happy, but they all say they saw it before
>after the "Jackpot"
>a familiar female voice says "Why do we let the boys have all the fun?"
>crowd recognizes it and begins to murmur
>cut to Trish going CUUHHRRAAAZZY with her own styles and techniques, wielding Sparda, Luce and Ombra.
>crowd begins to cheer
>"You're right. It's our turn now."
>rocket out of fucking nowhere, the explosion clears away some enemies
>Lady drops down, holding Kalina Ann, reeling in her grapple
>crowd cheers grow louder again as Lady and Trish begin rocking the Bloody Palace, doing specific co-op moves, Lady wielding her launcher, submachine guns and even pulling out Spiral
>Lady launches a rocket at the screen
>trailer cuts to black
>"Oh naughty, naughty. There are three boys and two girls. I think we should even the odds"
>flashes of a neatly proportioned Bayonetta pushing up her glasses.
>trailer ends
>Sparda and Eva are soon after revealed to be playable in the Bloody Palace

I'd love it.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Oh come on Ninja Theory...I was all up for this, I didn't care about the new design or anything, and now you've gone and said this?

For shame.
It's Ninja Theory. You honestly expected a palpable and potent story?

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Hahahahah!!! This shit is hilarious.

First you insult your fanbase with that emo-looking Edward-Cullen wannabe, now you don't even have the balls to put the next installment of your acclaimed game series in the same universe.

What's wrong Capcom? No confidence in your franchise? Afraid of fan backlash? Or have you honestly run out of design space after four games?
Well put it this way. It's not entirely CAPCOM per say. It's Ninja Theory in charge of making this game and the story.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Ninja Theory making a story XD. That slaps me on the knee.

Capcom just gave them charge of the series and Ninja Theory just didn't have nuts to deal with whatever negative outcome that may have been the result of this new game.

This better not effect the gameplay though. I actually want to enjoy that to say the least.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Sucal said:
Hey, at least this means they totally didn't ruin the story of the demon lord and the human he loved. You know, by trying to trash all that and claim one of the few good background elements thats been built up over four games is now totally a lie, because his mother was actually an angel instead.

Woot, no more canon Half Demon/Half Angel bs in my beloved memories. Now they just need to release the release on 360 and I'll be happy as heck.
Agreed. Now can CAPCOM get off its lazy ass and get Platinum games to Develop Devil May Cry 5!!!??

Because ya know I actually want to finish the story and have my damn questions answered about Nero and why the Order of the Sword had Vergil's Yamato along with what happened at the end of DMC 2

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Loved it until it started trying way too hard and just sounding retarded. No offense, just sayin'.

About the new game being in a "parallel world": better off this way, really. I'm already put off by the game in its own merits. Selling it as a continuation of the DMC I know and love was just damn near insulting.

Hectix777 said:
Bullcrap! Now Capcom is really pissing me off! Wanna know something? I was actually looking forward to the thought of this game as a PREQUEL(not a reboot, this is a teen Dante not a young adult we see him as).
The only problem with that is the fact that 1) They made him half angel all of a sudden, thus totally pissing on any sense of continuity that the series might've had left and 2) DMC3's Dante was like 19. How young is this guy supposed to be?

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
DMC have always been badly written, convoluted and so full of continuity holes, it'd put a swiss cheese factory to shame. Ninja Theory can do whatever the fuck they want with the story as long as the gameplay is as good, if not better, as previous DMC entries.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
TehCookie said:
Beautiful End said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where did you get this from? It seems like something someone typed up based on the current trailers we've seen, but still...I'm curious now.
4chan, so it's not trustworthy. Still entertaining, and a fan can dream...

If 4chan was in charge of the next DMC game:

>few years from now, after DmC flops and seems to be buried, at E3, New DMC announced, crowd murmurs
>trailer starts, demons wreaking havoc, people hiding away scared, the world has gone to shit with no one there to stop it
>cut to Donte, looking up at the sky and smoking
>crowd buzzes with disappointment
>He takes one long drag, getting up picking up his sword. He begins walking toward the screen
>crowd is now vocal with disapproval
>suddenly, a door flies across the screen, slamming into Donte and sending him off the screen.
>old motherfuckin Dante walks out
>"Didya miss me?"
>cut to glorious 60fps bloody palace gameplay
>Dante is pulling out all the CRAAAZZZY moves and weapons from previous installments, using otf switching, including the old styles from 3
>suddenly another, familiar looking hp bar appears on the screen
>crowd goes quiet, wondering what the fuck
>cut to a hand moving upwards to a red handle of a sword
>a loud rev is heard, a burst of flame emerges from the sword
>camera pans around to show Nero, grinning and baring his Devil Bringer
>"Okay! This may be fun!"
>Crowd begins cheering louder, drowning out the sound from the trailer
>Nero joins in the crazy, showing off old moves as well as new ones, including crazy bro-op moves where Nero pitches an enemy and Dante uses Rebellion like a bat.
>revealed to have multiplayer co-op
>All the enemies cleared, a boss drops down.
>Dante and Nero walk towards it
>Dante: "Is that all?"
>Nero: "Heh, I hope not"
>suddenly a voice rings out from behind the boss
>"Don't get cocky".
>cut to Vergil holding Yamato behind the boss
>Trailer cuts to black.
>One word is heard, spoken by all three characters in unison
>"Jackpot"
>Crowd bursts into treats

>one year later
>tgs
>Capcom's presentation
>they show the old trailer again
>everyone's happy, but they all say they saw it before
>after the "Jackpot"
>a familiar female voice says "Why do we let the boys have all the fun?"
>crowd recognizes it and begins to murmur
>cut to Trish going CUUHHRRAAAZZY with her own styles and techniques, wielding Sparda, Luce and Ombra.
>crowd begins to cheer
>"You're right. It's our turn now."
>rocket out of fucking nowhere, the explosion clears away some enemies
>Lady drops down, holding Kalina Ann, reeling in her grapple
>crowd cheers grow louder again as Lady and Trish begin rocking the Bloody Palace, doing specific co-op moves, Lady wielding her launcher, submachine guns and even pulling out Spiral
>Lady launches a rocket at the screen
>trailer cuts to black
>"Oh naughty, naughty. There are three boys and two girls. I think we should even the odds"
>flashes of a neatly proportioned Bayonetta pushing up her glasses.
>trailer ends
>Sparda and Eva are soon after revealed to be playable in the Bloody Palace

I'd love it.
Oh, 4chan. Well, that explains a lot. But you're right; it's at least entertaining.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Seriously? And alternate reality? This feels as one of the laziest things I've heard all year, and I have heard a lot of lazy ideas.

But you'll bet that I will be really mad if they don't actually explore these alternate universes.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
So have they finished jerking everyone around and finally agreed what this new DMC is? maybe they've finally understood that maybe not everyone likes their new Dante so instead of trying to replace the old one, they are going to make a alternate universe so that both can exist without clashing with the other.

as for the game, i will admit i prefer Capcom Dante over the Ninja Dante. to convince some of the capcom dante fans they'll need to release a demo and at least on trailer that shows the new Dnate's personality becasue right now his mannerisms only show a brooding kid with temper issues.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Also i'll add this here.

you all know about Capcom re-releasing HD versions of DMC1, 2 and 3 collection?

how about instead of buying DmC, we buy the HD collection, hopefully showing Capcom in sales figures that people prefer the old Devil may cry games to DmC. if you don't buy either then they'll assume that no one wants Devil May Cry and retire the series like they did with Dino Crisis.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
karloss01 said:
I would really like an HD version of DMC 1-3 I loved those games. I'm one of the few people that enjoyed DMC2 mainly because the overall atmosphere was incredible. I Also want a new Dino Crisis then another Resident Evil game. Capcom seriously fucked over a majority of their series. Hell DC and RE could easily run parallels. I just want to shoot something else then zombies or like-zombie things that look like people or horror movie rejects.

OT

Capcom pretty must shot themselves in the foot with this one. All they needed to do was let DMC rest up for a bit make some other games instead of short changing the fanbase. It's their fault for letting a rookie team like Ninja Theory work on such a title. Hell I'll rather have Team Ninja make a DMC, you know they already have what it takes when it comes to frantic combat, boss design and overall everything that a good DMC game would need.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
as an avid comic book reader/follower I'm totally okay with this, if Capcom can now create a multiverse for all their franchises there might still be hope for Mega Man X, Resident Evil, Captain Comando, Bionic Comando, Dino Crisis, etc. to not head in a downwards spiral through the use of another universe

only bad thing is going to be all the Dante x Dante yaoi pics that are gonna flood pixiv :(

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Wow... really? I thought this new character is in a hardcore rehab center, for people who played too much DMC3, and the boy who went crazy are day-dreaming up all the demon fights, calling him self "Dante" as we seen from the video... just drug too much, and are imagining things...

so... it was a prequel? (but then, we have seen DMC3... so that can't be...)

so... it was a Reboot? (fans/non fans got angry...)

So... now it's an alternate reality? (like marvel/DC comic?) this is a piss poor excuse... why not just admit, you guys need Platinum Star back? I got it! write them a sorry letter, pay them double, and have them REDO your game, perhaps they can make another DMC game this time about Dante saving his brother!~