New Mass Effect "Moving Forward"

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
Hang on, so BioWare says something meaningless about the new Mass Effect game, aside from that they're working on it, and suddenly everyone is getting excited? Am I missing something here?

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
kiwi_poo said:
Hang on, so BioWare says something meaningless about the new Mass Effect game, aside from that they're working on it, and suddenly everyone is getting excited? Am I missing something here?
Yeah...I think we both are.

Honestly, at this point I'm just going to get Witcher 3 and Metal Gear Solid 5 instead of ME 4 or DA 3. IF, and boy is it a big if, they somehow manage to make a game that doesn't cause the fandom to spontaneously combust I might consider picking them up...but I'm not going to hold my breath at this point.

Instead, as i said, I'm going to go pick up the next witcher game and the next Metal Gear given they both look awesome.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Machine Man 1992 said:
This will end well.

And by end well, I mean, "hordes of the bitter and depressed will queue up to take a dump in Bioware's letterbox."
By "take a dump" you mean reward with cupcakes, don't cha? That is how angry fans react now, by offering to pay more for better endings, buying all DLC (even the on-disc stuff), and sending cupcakes.

Because nothing says "you screwed up" like money and pastries.

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
Icehearted said:
Machine Man 1992 said:
This will end well.

And by end well, I mean, "hordes of the bitter and depressed will queue up to take a dump in Bioware's letterbox."
By "take a dump" you mean reward with cupcakes, don't cha? That is how angry fans react now, by offering to pay more for better endings, buying all DLC (even the on-disc stuff), and sending cupcakes.

Because nothing says "you screwed up" like money and pastries.
And it was that same attitude that gave use the Citadel DLC, which turned a game based around rallying the disparate peoples of the galaxy to stop a major existential threat, into a goddamned slice of life anime.

I need a freaking drink.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
after finishing the Citadel DLC, I was 100% on board for more. seriously!

if anything Bioware has shown that Mass Effect would probably work on a smaller scale that still remains focused on a small space crew and their relationships developing throughout various adventures...yes reminded me of Firefly just a bit, but either way I'm looking forward to more