New Pirates Movie Has Zombies, Scary Mermaids

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Terminate421 said:
I saw a poster for that at the theater, but do we really need another one? (I love the other ones, I just don't see the need for another)
From what I understand after the second and third, this is waht the fans want. None of that Orlando Bloom, Davy Jones, Kiera Knight;y crap. Just Jack being Jack.

But hen again, I enjoy any good pirate movie or even any decent Pirate movie.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
SpiderJerusalem said:
Casual Shinji said:
Great, even more reason for me to greatly dislike Johnny Depp.

He used to be awesome back in the 90's, now he's just a mosquito of the cinema.
yeah, man, in the 90's, fresh off the now classic 21 Jump Street and with two movies under his belt. Before he SOLD OUT man, when he had integrity man.

Said with a hipster voice, if there is one.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd loose the hipster voice though; no need to force the truth even more.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
First film - Awesome
Second film - Great but first was better
Third film - WHY?!
Fourth film - Looks interesting. Thank God Orlando Bloom is gone, but Keira Knightley should have stayed. Hopefully Penelope Cruz will be good

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
One hand: Do they need another one?

The other hand: They got rid of the two worst parts of all three movies (Bloom and Knightly), automatically making this better than the third one, maybe even the second.

Hopefully this will be more like the first or second, rather than the third.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I'm ready and willing to love anything and everything that has Jack Sparrow in it, and this is no exception.

Shame it has Penelope Cruz in it though, she annoys me for some reason.

Oh well. Johnny Depp will make it good. He always does.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Dammit, I was hoping that annoying ***** wasn't going to be in this one considering the other guy's story was over.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Nurb said:
Dammit, I was hoping that annoying ***** wasn't going to be in this one considering the other guy's story was over.
She's not. That's Penelope Cruz, not Keira Knightley.

On topic, this might be worth a watch. They picked up a new director, which, means there'll be new ideas to liven it up a bit, and it looks to be trying to be a good, fun, swashbuckly adventure. Which I can always get behind.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
SpiderJerusalem said:
Casual Shinji said:
Great, even more reason for me to greatly dislike Johnny Depp.

He used to be awesome back in the 90's, now he's just a mosquito of the cinema.
yeah, man, in the 90's, fresh off the now classic 21 Jump Street and with two movies under his belt. Before he SOLD OUT man, when he had integrity man.

Said with a hipster voice, if there is one.

The trailer looks fantastic. It's got everything I'd want in a adventure film; humor, action, exotic locales, Penelope, lovable dastardly villains, mythology, swashbuckling. Good times.

And how can anyone say that At World's End was confusing? They pretty much kept on explaining what was happening in every second scene. Must be the same folks who thought Inception needed six viewings to be understood.
I was able to keep track of what was going on, mostly, but the constant betrayals and motive changes were MGS-ish, with none of the charm.

Feb 13, 2008
1: Great movie.
2: What. The...why?
3: Ok, so now everything is a pirate and they all have character arcs? Even Highlander didn't go this far off the rails.

4: Two choices: Stick to the rules or you know where the plank is.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Oh goddamnit, after the ending of the 3rd film I kept denying to my friend that the ending was a cliffhanger for a sequel. I thought it was just one of those "Oh ho ho! Jack Sparrow is at it again!" kind of things, I didn't know they were really trying to find the Fountain of Youth.

Whatever, I loved the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and the second one was alright, though I had no idea what was going on in the third one. I guess I'll watch this one, but I dunno...

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I'm a really big fan of the original trilogy and I think I'm gonna like this one. You can't go wrong with pirates.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
SpiderJerusalem said:
It's just nice to know when dislike for an actor is based on unfounded prejudice instead of the quality of said actor :)
Well, sine I hated Depp in the previous Pirates movies aswell as everything else he's been in since Sleepy Hollow, I wouldn't call it unfounded.

It's fine if he wants to go for the more lucrative roles - afterall he is a family man now - but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy his performances.

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
This looks interesting, to say the least. keira knightley was hot in the first ones, but she wasn't good at acting(megan fox paradox).

Of course, Jack's charisma will alway keep these films from being "bad", even if the rest is cheap special effects, ludicous storylines, and dumb characters(pirates 3).

Anyhow, the fact that blackbeard is here gives the film an edge because of how straght-up awesome william teach was(he lit his hair on fire as a scare tactic).

Oh, and to the guy saying the others were pointless, that's the point. Think about the first one's story, everything could easily have been talked out(william turner pokes himself with needle and gives the aztec gold piece to pirates = happy ending = the exact same ending as before, just 10x easier and less destructive(less fun))

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I loved and still love all three of the pirates movies.

And I'll probably love this one as well.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
things really did not look good for this film, but now I think they may pull it off
got all the good pieces in there (sorry to Will and Elizabeth but zzz byez) and some more so maybeee