New Resident Evil Movie Trailer Filled With Silly Fun

Jun 26, 2009
MrLS said:
I been let down by the Resident Evil movies too many times already... never again.
Realy? I loved them all... You were probaly looking for somthing like the games but got somthing else entirely.
OT: Cool. I look forward to renting it.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
First one was alright. Second was decent. Third one was...meh. This one looks just as fun as the others, but I really won't be able to bring myself to pay the extra 5 dollars for the 3d glasses. At 17 dollars a ticket(for 3d), I can't justify the purchase.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I'm usually not one to dismiss something out of hand, but I really can't seem to find a single thing I liked about that trailer. Tons of the CGI looked very amateur, Alice's 'badass lines' were terrible and cheesy, the plot seems just as silly as before, and it's gotten to the point now where it seems like there's no real point in continuing this series, besides to make a cheap buck with 'Oh SHINY' 3D technology. Also, for God's sake get a real narrator, I'm really tired of Milla Jovovich's smoker voice.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
oh hey, it's a movie so silly not even Uwe Bowle would believe it's plausible. Oh wait yes he would.

I hate these movies, I really do. The first one was the ONLY one even remotely close to the source material, then they just went rapidly downhill. THe movies are like fanfics written by someone after reading comic books while playing resident evil and have an IV drip of pure crack-laced sugar.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
MrLS said:
I been let down by the Resident Evil movies too many times already... never again.
Realy? I loved them all... You were probaly looking for somthing like the games but got somthing else entirely.
OT: Cool. I look forward to renting it.
Looking for something good (the games) and instead got something terrible? Yep.

A-Team was a fun popcorn flick. GI Joe was a fun popcorn flick. Independance Day was a fun popcorn flick. Resident Evil Afterlife will be a movie that will attempt to take itself seriously; in its setttings, dialogue, character motivations, everything, and will fail at everything it tries to do.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
I don't care about the negativity to this film. I have never played any resident evil below 5 so I wouldn't know if they were killing the series or not.

Because of that cocky wesker, I am probably going to see this the day it comes out. IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

P.S For those of you who don't know, Jill will be in this film.

Someperson307

Dec 19, 2008
I seriously doubt this movie will be good. Extinction was not something I enjoyed. I thought Apocalypse was the only good one.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
SteelStallion said:
People shouldn't walk into Resident Evil movies expecting Resident Evil, with that in mind the movies are entertaining in their own right.

Also, Milla Jovonich is fucking gold.
Um... then why are they Resident Evil movies? If I'm expected to walk into a movie and not expect its very name to be true, then that just smacks of blatant milking. If I'm not supposed to expect Resident Evil, and if the movies are meant to stand on their own two feet rather than leaning on another franchise, then why not just give the movies their own names so that they CAN stand on their own two feet and so that I DON'T expect Resident Evil?

Also? Big Problem: The movies don't LET you forget that they're Resident Evil movies. They're so eager to "wank" the source material that you can't NOT acknowledge that they're Resident Evil movies. I mean really... when Nemesis is tromping through the streets of Raccoon City looking like an over-done Cosplay, what am I supposed to pretend I'm watching? Mary Poppins?

So no. I'm sorry, but your statement does nothing more than call even more attention to why the Resident Evil movies just need to stop. The fact that they've been profitable enough to merit a fourth movie makes me worry for the human race... more than I did before, mind you.

(( Also, for the record, I thought the first RE movie was good, but enough to merit a sequel. ))

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
James Hueick said:
It looks alright. But sweet jesus another 3D movie *sigh*
This doesn't look like yout typical "3D for no reason other than to pay a higher ticket", looks like they are throwing shit at your face every 10 seconds, which is what a popcorn flick should do :)

James Hueick

Feb 8, 2010
Carnagath said:
James Hueick said:
It looks alright. But sweet jesus another 3D movie *sigh*
This doesn't look like yout typical "3D for no reason other than to pay a higher ticket", looks like they are throwing shit at your face every 10 seconds, which is what a popcorn flick should do :)
Ya I suppose but that could get pretty annoying after an hour.

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
So it's now Blade 2, Ultraviolet, and the Matrix combined into one, I thought this series was running out of steam after the first one, but this is a new low.

SomeBoredGuy said:
Somebody had to post this.

Your about a month late on that one.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
SteelStallion said:
To be quite frank, I've never played any of the Resident Evil games nor do I care much for its corrugated plot. I go in expecting a run of the mill zombie/action movie, and that's what I get. You're bitter as a gamer, which is understandable, but gamers are only a very small minority of people who actually watch the movie.
I like how you can claim to put-down a game based on its terrible plot in the same thought that has you speaking-up its movie counterpart with an equally terrible plot. You really think Resident Evil (the game) fans go into the games expecting a balls-tighteningly-good story? No. We expect pretty much what you do... in game form.

The main problem with the RE movies though is that there are BETTER Zombie flicks out there. Heck, Zombie World alone does better action scenes than RE did, and that movie doesn't even try to take itself seriously like RE does. I would rather watch Zombie World four times in a row than watch all the RE movies in a row (including the new one, of course).

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
SteelStallion said:
I didn't say the plot was terrible, I just it's too confusing for me to follow and so I don't bother much.
Take it from an RE fan who's been around since the very first game: It's terrible. ;)

As for your second statement I'm not sure where you're going with that. Heck, LOTR is the best fantasy film, so let's not watch any other inferior fantasy film, right? I really don't use how you can throw down a movie because there are better ones out there. Well of course there are, but you can say that about any movie, that doesn't mean you can't watch it.
I wasn't saying that Zombie Land is the end-all-be-all and I'll never watch another zombie movie ever. I was just pitching that out there as an example from the top of my head (mostly because I watched a couple days ago to show it to a friend who somehow hadn't seen it yet). I could probably list a dozen zombie movies I've enjoyed on more levels than what RE (the movie) delivers. Frankly even the games have been slumping lately because they're a little too focused on those Plagas parasite things lately, but that's neither here nor there.

RE is a zombie action flick, no it isn't the best, but it's an enjoyable zombie action flick. Take it for what it is.
I'd rather leave it for someone else to have it.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Hooray! For ONCE there will be a man who is equal to the female leads!

Unfortunately, he is the bad guy. Boo.