New Skyrim Gameplay

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Dragon animations look so fluid. You don't see something that big moving that good in real time very often. And more than 300 hours of gameplay? Amazing!

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Dual weilding sword...........HELL YA!!!

Finaly I can kill them with two swords (mabey two claymores, too?), cant wait for this game, totally getting the collectors Edition with this (include the coin again, I didnt get it)...but still cant wait for this to come out!

Trull

Nov 12, 2010
OakTable said:
Bethesda has a terrible repuation for writing
What?

*looks at oblivion and FO3*

Oh, yeah, pretty lame

*looks at any other game*

Oh, nope, pretty good.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
Popadoo said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2CzsJ4K_qo
Any doubts I had about this video have been completely forgotten. My biggest worry was the animation (animation in previous games was terrible), but it shows off amazing improvement.
Thoughts?
Might i recommend learning to do this all you do is take the link then remove everything before = except for youtube, and then surround it all with [ and ]

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
I like the dual wielding, but something really bothered me. If you use the left and right trigger to control each hand, will you be able to block if you are wielding, lets say, two swords?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Yay! It really looks like they fixed the big problems people had with Oblivion. The animations look great and that glass longsword actually looked awesome too! Everything about it looks great, but...

No Black Hand!

Dream_Sequencer

Dec 27, 2010
babinro said:
Getting hit by the tusks of the Mammoth had no sense of weight or threat that you'd think it would have for example. The game doesn't have to be realistic, but it makes the enemies feel generic. I hope this game doesn't degenerate to; Shield Block, Light attack x3, and repeat 10,000 times to beat the game like it did in Oblivion.
Um?

Really?

Maybe you should play on a less hard level of gameplay? I was able to beat the game, with minimal blocking and mostly a pure mage character.

Same thing I'm going to do in Skyrim. A pure mage character.

To the video, did anyone see the snow bit? The snow looked amazing.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Stop making me soil my pants Bethesda!
I'm serious!

I don't want to wait for 5 more fucking months!

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Javarock said:
Duffeknol said:
Dragons: Yaaaaay!

Ragdolls: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Why are ragdolls bad?. I enjoyed playing with the corpses, And I found some amuseing bugs with them....
Because they give everything this total lack of weight. Corpses don't feel like corpses, and enemies die in the most boring ways. In the days of Unreal Tournament 2003, back then ragdolls were fun. Now, with Euphoria and such, you can do much more fun stuff. And, as a bonus, no animation ever looks the same. So no more ridiculous cartwheeling into the air after a simple fireball. That might be fun to you, but you gotta admit, it kinda breaks immersion.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Trull said:
OakTable said:
Bethesda has a terrible repuation for writing
What?

*looks at oblivion and FO3*

Oh, yeah, pretty lame

*looks at any other game*

Oh, nope, pretty good.
Well, New Vegas was done by Obsidian. And some Morrowind mods have better writing than the actual game.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
Fire in one hand, sword in the other. I can now realistically barbeque my opponents. I'm also glad that the creatures apparently have something better to do than abuse me and my horse.

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
Duffeknol said:
Javarock said:
Duffeknol said:

Ragdolls: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Why are ragdolls bad?. I enjoyed playing with the corpses, And I found some amuseing bugs with them....
Because they give everything this total lack of weight. Corpses don't feel like corpses, and enemies die in the most boring ways. In the days of Unreal Tournament 2003, back then ragdolls were fun. Now, with Euphoria and such, you can do much more fun stuff. And, as a bonus, no animation ever looks the same. So no more ridiculous cartwheeling into the air after a simple fireball. That might be fun to you, but you gotta admit, it kinda breaks immersion.
Not really... In fallout they kind of fixed the weight problem... A bit... (To the point where I couldn't lift huge beahmeth corpses.)

But honeslty whats the alterntive?, Static corpses?.

I like to play with my victems body to demorlize them further or as I did in fallout left "Suicide" Sceanes in houses.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Duffeknol said:
Javarock said:
Duffeknol said:

Well to be fair, when you're thrown like a rag doll by a dragon you're not going to have any weight for about for or five seconds, and I'm damn sure you're going to bounce.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Man, I can't wait to see the next Fallout on this engine.

But for now, Skyrim is going to own my life :)

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Xiado said:
The combat looks clunky, but I like that. It's more realistic and brutal: have you ever fought an armored opponent with a heavy weapon? Medieval combat is not graceful like some ninja anime. You have to use timing and distance to your advantage.
You know I've seen a group of people dedicated to recreating Medieval martial arts, and they're a lot more graceful and utilitarian than people would first think.

They would use a big armored glove to grab the sword blade so that they could jab it like a short spear to hit the chinks in the armor.

WorldFree55

May 22, 2011
Jezzascmezza said:
When the dragon picked up that giant and threw it into the air, I almost squealed a little in joy.
Game looks great. Definitely my most eagerly anticipated game for this year, and that's saying something.
But he didn't mention the Dark Brotherhood, which is a little disappointing.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the Thieves has possibly turned into a combo of the Thieves Guild in oblivion and the Dark Brotherhood. I could be wrong but just a guess.