New Skyrim Gameplay

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Did anyone else want to go climb that mountain when they looked off to the left in the beginning?

Misanthropic warrior mage hermit's going to be my first game.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks good, but still a bit clunky at some points. But perfection is really difficult to achieve, you know?
Still, i can't wait to play Skyrim.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
That was on the 360 too...

I didn't even think I'd say this, that was better than I had hoped for.

Cheesus Crust...

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Dexter111 said:
Anyone else thought this looked exactly like Oblivion e.g. no real Improvements at all (especially in the Graphics department) and with all of the same faults e.g. heavy overuse of assets and the same or very similar Skillsystem...?
Original in HD here btw.: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/714852
You missed the dragon slamming face first into the ground and leaving a fucking gouge along it then? And the spells. And things actually react when you slice their faces now :D

I'm getting this game. It looks badass. Not sure if i want to be a stealth ninja type dude or what first. Hmm...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
ScumbagEddie said:
Holy shit! Did that dragon dig a ditch with its body when it crashed???!!!
I think it did sir.

I think it did.

(single tear)

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Dexter111 said:
Anyone else thought this looked exactly like Oblivion e.g. no real Improvements at all (especially in the Graphics department) and with all of the same faults e.g. heavy overuse of assets and the same or very similar Skillsystem...?
Original in HD here btw.: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/714852
Uh, no.

I thought it was rather surprisingly different.

The things they kept were kept for good reason, the things they changed are really completely awesome.

I honestly didn't find one thing wrong, and I hate RPGs.

graverobber2

Aug 19, 2009
AnAngryMoose said:
imnotparanoid said:
[HEADING=1]HOLY SHIT[/HEADING]
That was fucking epic!
Especially the dragon!
Not just any dragon. An unscripted dragon! Once I heard unscripted dragons and saw how quickly you could swap out weapons for spells I became ecstatic. I loved my Battlemage in Oblivion and now he's got some dragons to kill!

Definitely a day one purchase.
Day one purchase?

PRE-PURCHASE!!!

This game is going to be so awesome

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Hungry Donner said:
Seeing the giant whisked away was great :D

I'm hoping at QuakeCon they show off NPC interaction.

It was xD

I have two questions though:
Will there still be different races? I wanna be an orc again/
Is there actually going to be much to do other than combat now?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
The combat still comes off as underwhelming like in Oblivion.

Getting hit by the tusks of the Mammoth had no sense of weight or threat that you'd think it would have for example. The game doesn't have to be realistic, but it makes the enemies feel generic. I hope this game doesn't degenerate to; Shield Block, Light attack x3, and repeat 10,000 times to beat the game like it did in Oblivion.

I do love the combat tweaks though...all baby steps towards an ideal Elder Scrolls experience. Combining two spells for a more power version should be a lot of fun. Negative comments aside, this game is quickly becoming a must buy for me...just need more details on the leveling system and I'll be sold.

Dec 14, 2009
internetzealot1 said:
(Sees regenerating magic)

Well, I see that they still haven't learned about gameplay balance.
May have only been regenerating because it's a demonstration.

At least, I hope it was.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
OakTable said:
I'm not feeling it. Graphics look pretty mediocre, and the combat is much too clunky-looking. Not to mention Bethesda has a terrible repuation for writing, so this is probably going to have a very poor story.
Skyrim was where the Nords lived, right? So essentially any story is going to be about vikings. What's not to like?

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
internetzealot1 said:
(Sees regenerating magic)

Well, I see that they still haven't learned about gameplay balance.
May have only been regenerating because it's a demonstration.

At least, I hope it was.
I doubt it. Bethesda's games have always been messy. Their only real strength is how expansive they are.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I don't now what to say. I have forgotten if I have already posted about how awesome this game is. Did you see hat part where the dragon grabbed the giant......and it was unscripted. I hope. Buying the collectors edition. I will sell my soul to get it. O h god I want this. *cries* Somebody hold me.

OakTable

May 10, 2011
s0m3th1ng said:
OakTable said:
I'm not feeling it. Graphics look pretty mediocre, and the combat is much too clunky-looking. Not to mention Bethesda has a terrible repuation for writing, so this is probably going to have a very poor story.
If you think those are "mediocre" graphics(Taking into account it is the 360 version being shown) then WHAT, pray tell, do you consider "good" graphics? This is the single most beautiful game I have ever laid eyes on.
I don't think you've seen either Metro 2033 or Crysis 1 on maximum settings.

EDIT: My skepticism is pretty warranted, considering last time they went to E3 for a TES game, they lied a lot. Remember the video demonstrating Radiant AI, where it looked awesome and totally plausible? Yeah, that was scripted out the ass. I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.