New Super Smash Bros. Roster Discussion

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
McMarbles said:
Gone: R.O.B., Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Lucario, Toon Link, Snake (probably)

In: Krystal, Palutena, Little Mac, Chrom, Dillon, Pac-Man

Maybe platform-specific? Shulk (WiiU), Isaac (3DS)

There's a chance: Takamaru, Saki, Starfy, Heracles, Patty Wagon
Note, Sakurai said there will be no difference in rosters.

Also, I noticed some stages they showed off were a boxing ring and the arena from FE: Awakening. This might hint towards Little Mac and Chrom.

P.S. Wii Fit Trainer is hilarious. It's like they put her in to troll people

recruit00

Sep 18, 2010
After watching the trailer, Mega Man looks to be so cool to play. It's a good thing since I love him yet hate his games. Stupid fake difficulty razzlefrazzlegrumpharumph.

The villager looks to be a replacement for Game and Watch and I love it. And those eyes...

Those eyes say: "I cut that tree. And I have no regrets cutting you." God, Tom Nook needs to hire this guy before he starts a protection racket.

Wii Fit Trainer looks to be almost like a ZSS style of fighting which I find kind of cool. She is a bit hard to see in the action. If she had an outline like on the 3DS which not only helps with aid but looks cool as well, she'd be much better to see.

Bayonetta would be certainly an interesting character to see and if they have her in the game as a playable character, I will eat my shoe. So risque.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I'm actually OK with this character. They've obviously got a load more characters that are going to be announced, and a fighting game like this needs its jokey characters.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Aiddon said:
McMarbles said:
Gone: R.O.B., Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Lucario, Toon Link, Snake (probably)

In: Krystal, Palutena, Little Mac, Chrom, Dillon, Pac-Man

Maybe platform-specific? Shulk (WiiU), Isaac (3DS)

There's a chance: Takamaru, Saki, Starfy, Heracles, Patty Wagon
Note, Sakurai said there will be no difference in rosters.

Also, I noticed some stages they showed off were a boxing ring and the arena from FE: Awakening. This might hint towards Little Mac and Chrom.
I just rewatched the trailer to confirm and I think you're right... that totally looks like Arena Ferox from Awakening. Chrom seems like a logical addition, but I think it's just as likely we'll see Lucina. SSB traditionally lacks females and shes almost as important to Awakening's story as Chrom is.

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
You know who I'd like to see? Paper Mario. The potential is just huge - he doesn't have to just be a reskin like young Link, but a whole new character with a whole new move-set. Same goes for Wolf Link and Midna from Twilight Princess, I'd love to see that.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
I probably should've been annoyed at the Wii Fit Trainer thing, but I'm too busy laughing at and admiring Nintendo's sheer audacity. Maybe the Mario platformers and a few other things are lost but there's still hope for things like Smash Bros who seem a little bit aware that what they just showed was stupid. :D

Lord Garnaat said:
You know who I'd like to see? Paper Mario. The potential is just huge - he doesn't have to just be a reskin like young Link, but a whole new character with a whole new move-set. Same goes for Wolf Link and Midna from Twilight Princess, I'd love to see that.
I agree here, I'd rather enjoy all those characters you mentioned. I can imagine Wolf Link would play kind of like Ivysaur or something.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
I think they're definitely getting rid of Lucario in exchange for Mewtwo (Both in Regular and New Form), simply because Mewtwo is more beloved then Lucario is, and Nintendo usually listens to their fans on these types of matters.
That's a shame. Lucario is my favourite Pokemon D:

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
Well seeing as NAMCO is helping out with this one then I guess Pac-man isn't out of the question, plus they'll be wanting to promote that cartoon that's scheduled to be released soon. I also think it's safe to say that any character that has appeared at least twice is coming back so can we just stop the "Ice Climbers/Jigglypuff is out because they suck" before it starts?

Also Wii Fit trainer? Nice. Although I think that character would have worked better if she had not been revealed ala Mr G&W/R.O.B.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
How about some Masked Man love, Nintendo? It's not like you're going to make a new Mother game, but you could at least give us something to gorge ourselves on.

recruit00 said:
I'm hoping for Shulk from Xenoblade and Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. Xenoblade is published by Nintendo and Namco is developing. Please god give me this. Just so I can yell Demon Fang! at my floor mates and be thought of as a tool rather than insane.
Ooh, great idea! But let's get Fiora instead, her combos were more fun, and it's not like the roster couldn't use someone with two blades instead of one. We've got plenty of swackers swinging a single blade.

Lord Garnaat said:
Seconding all of that. TP Link and Paper Mario, with maybe Midna as an alt form of Zelda (not costume change I mean a samus/zero suit samus or zelda/shiek kind of difference). Ooh, can we do the same for Rosalina as a Peach alt? That would be cool.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Mr. Omega said:

Here's the reveal. I admit, I think it works. No worse than ROB. And hopefully all the new reveals get a little video like this.
I wouldn't have thought I would like her but she does actually look to be fun.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Binnsyboy said:
Mr.Mattress said:
snip
Off Topic: Binnsyboy, what anime is your avatar from? Looks crazy.

Back to topic, I'm definitely excited for Megaman but they really have to make sure he's not another Samus with tweaks. Trainer seems like someone I could do very well with and I'd enjoy being victorious with such a bizzare character.

I'd love to see;
Alucard (Castlevania)
Draclua (Castlevania)
Richter Belmont (Castlevania)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!)
Hadron (Custom Robo Arena)

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Nintendo finally putting Mega Man in this has made me all kinds of happy. Although if it had been X... my head would have exploded from sheer force of my fangasm. I definitely hope they don't have as many clone characters though. That was one of the worst things about Brawl.

As far as characters I want to see added:

-Mega Man X
-Zero

Both of them are a long shot, since Mega Man is already in the game. But I've been wanting X and Zero in these games since the original Smash Bros. on the N64.

X can be made unique from Mega Man with the right combination of his different arsenal of weapons(which Storm Tornado would have to be one of) and his armor. Which armor they could use I don't know, but I would be happy with the X1 armor, the Golden Armor from X3 or the Ultimate Armor from X4-6.

And Zero would be all kinds of fun in a Smash Bros game.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ThePenguinKnight said:
Binnsyboy said:
Mr.Mattress said:
snip
Off Topic: Binnsyboy, what anime is your avatar from? Looks crazy.

Back to topic, I'm definitely excited for Megaman but they really have to make sure he's not another Samus with tweaks. Trainer seems like someone I could do very well with and I'd enjoy being victorious with such a bizzare character.

I'd love to see;
Alucard (Castlevania)
Draclua (Castlevania)
Richter Belmont (Castlevania)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!)
Hadron (Custom Robo Arena)
Deadman Wonderland.

And OT: I do hope Sonic makes a return, as I main him.

Slash Joel

Apr 7, 2011
I think the Wii fit trainer is great. Its over the top and funny. Every game needs a little something strange and unique.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Pac-Man would almost certainly be in it, mainly because of the fact the game is being co-developed by Namco.

Also Heihachi, or any other Tekken character wouldn't be impossible either. Professor Layton would make a good addition to the roster, and i can see how the character could fit in Smash Bros.

In terms of Nintendo characters, I would like to see Issac from Golden Sun, and Little Mac from Punch Out.

I expect there to be a new Fire Emblem character from Awakening, and Possibly a new Pikmin character as well.

though i hope there are less Kirby characters, and far less shoehorned characters like Wolf, Lucas, and Lucario.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
Oh! They should totally add the main protagonists of the Operation Rainfall games! They'd be perfect!
On a side note who else wants to see a legit side scrolling mega-man game with smash bros graphics? I'd buy that