New Super Smash Bros. Roster Discussion

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
As weird as Wii Fit Trainer is, I can't help but be excited by how excited they are.
I mean, when was the last time we saw someone be THIS enthusiastic about such a character reveal?

Like Rocket Racoon in UMvC 3, I'm certain she'll grow on people.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
assuming Pikachu still has that OP lightning strike attack then thats all i need to piss off my friends. also Samus because im Metroid fanboy

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Wii fit trainer is an awesome idea. Honestly, what I love about smash brothers is that everything fits; it just simply doesn't matter. I hope they keep bringing these reveals, they're awesome!

I also love how the animal crossing villager can just put fucking EVERYTHING in his pockets, including the Samus charge blast.

I would love to see:
-The skater dude from Skate or Die.
-Paper Mario.
-I'd like to see Captain Flacon to come back.
-Someone from Jet Force Gemini!

When does the game release?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
For Megaman I would honestly love for them to put in Megaman Trigger (Megaman Volnutt) in the game. At least Nintendo seems to be showing more love to Megaman than the actual company that owns it is. >.>

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Who I want to see:
Hector (Fire Emblem 7)
Canas (Fire Emblem 7) (Yeah it will never happen, but he is my personal favorite character)
Return of Mewtwo

Who we are probably going to see:
Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Mii
Some new gen pokemon I don't know.

Oh and Wii Fit Trainer?... Pffft.. They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel for that.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013

I dunno what I find more hilarious; seeing the Wii Fit Trainer whoopin' ass or seeing Mario, Link, and Kirby trying to pull off the tree pose. XD

It's an insane choice but I dig it. Smash Bros always had an odd collection of characters and I, for one, would like to give her a try just for shits and giggles.

As for my picks, I've got a couple...

Little Mac - Punch Out
Super Macho Man - Punch Out (Release the bogus!)
Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic the Hedgehog series
Knuckles - Sonic the Hedgehog
Doctor Robotnic - Sonic the Hedgehog
Earthworm Jim - Earthworm Jim series
Jack Cayman - Mad World and Anarchy Reigns
Bayonetta - Bayonetta

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Wii Fit lady is fantastic. Not even Mr Game & Watch and his rain of bacon are this awesome.

I've been all for Ridley for ages now, as well as any Golden Sun character. If they just took out the Fox clones too, I'd be happy as a clam.

Toxic Sniper

Mar 13, 2013
I'm a bit disappointed, since I was hoping Samus would get some different moves. She has a huge armory, yet we've been stuck with missiles, charge shot, screw attack, grapple beam, and bombs since Melee. Why not add the speed booster, shinespark, x-ray visor, scan visor, ice beam, etc? Even a morph ball crawl would be a huge improvement. Still, the Other M suit is very nice-looking. Here's to hoping for Ridley or Dark Samus for a third Metroid character (And before you yell clone, Dark Samus really doesn't move or fight at all like Samus; check out one of the boss fights from Prime 2 or 3. I'd say she actually fights more like Mewtwo.).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
One fighter I really want: Mask Link. He would work like Pokemon trainer where you can switch between Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link, and the final smash? Fierce Deity Link, make this happen Nintendo! Also, if Ganondorf returns, give him his own moveset with a sword, better yet there should be no clones in general.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Gone list: Star Wolf, Snake, Lucario, Toon Link.
Hopeful Returns: Sonic, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff.
Probably never happen but I'd want it to: Paper Mario, Travis Touchdown, Bayonetta, Pacman, Scott (Motherfucking) Pilgrim.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
3rd party hopefuls

Pac-Man
Travis Touchdown
Jack Cayman
Knuckles or Tails

deserteagleeye said:
Gone list: Star Wolf, Snake, Lucario, Toon Link.
Hopeful Returns: Sonic, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff.
Probably never happen but I'd want it to: Paper Mario, Travis Touchdown, Bayonetta, Pacman, Scott (Motherfucking) Pilgrim.
I can agree with those choices no problem. Wolf is just a clone so either him or Falco needs to go. Lucario will probably be replaced by a new Pokemon, and Toon Link needs to either have a revamped movelist or just be removed. And Snake being around is kinda obnoxious since Kojima hasn't really done anything for Nintendo lately

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Llloooyyyd from Tales of Symphonia. Come on. Come on. I asked for him for Brawl and I'm asking again. Do not make me wait for ANOTHER generation.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Give us a second Metroid character please!

Metroid is considered one of their big franchises, but Samus is the only playable they have ever had in the games. Mario has heaps, Starfox has a couple, Zelda too and even DK got Diddy in the last one. Heck, Kirby got two more characters in brawl.

Make it happen, please!

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Mr.Mattress said:
Fappy said:
suntt123 said:
Looks like Wii Fit trainer girl's gonna be playable...
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=204716
o_O.... hmmm...
I... have no words...

Are they for real?!?
Definitely a weird choice, I must admit... I didn't see it coming... Still, there've been weirder choices for characters...

EDIT: Actually, this might make even more sense, if Nintendo is serious about getting rid of Clones in this new Smash Bros. I mean, who the heck can a yoga instructor copy? No one really...
It's not really that weird. Wii Fit sold over 20 million copies. They're trying to grab the casuals for a core (for Nintendo anyway) game. Might fail miserably, but its a good idea.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
chozo_hybrid said:

Metroid is considered one of their big franchises, but Samus is the only playable they have ever had in the games. Mario has heaps, Starfox has a couple, Zelda too and even DK got Diddy in the last one. Heck, Kirby got two more characters in brawl.

Make it happen, please!
Who though? A random pirate, Ripley? Samus is the only recurring character that makes any sense to me.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Requia said:
chozo_hybrid said:

Make it happen, please!
Who though? A random pirate, Ripley? Samus is the only recurring character that makes any sense to me.
It's Ridley, Ripley is the female lead in the Aliens films XD He's an idea, but I have another one.

Dark Samus, that thing stalked you in the second Prime game and also in Corruption, it has enough unique abilities to separate itself from Samus and fits quite well. Any of the other Bounty Hunters from Corruption would be cool too! I mean, in Brawl we had versions of Fox with differences (Being Falco and Wolf), but they were similar so why can't Samus at least get that with Dark Samus if that's the best they could do?

I would cast my vote for Rundas though, he was really cool (pardon the pun) his ice powers were unique and I could see them applying the way he fights to Smash Bros.

We are getting the Wii-Fit lady, how much of a stretch is it to give one of their most beloved franchise a bit more. Metroid has quite a few options when you really think about it.

They don't have to recurring to get in, look at Ice Climbers, pretty sure they were only in one game.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Requia said:
chozo_hybrid said:

Make it happen, please!
Why not the Metroid universe's other bounty hunters? You've got the ones from Hunters and Prime 3 to pick from. But the one I want for sure...

-RUNDAS! This guy is so chill character wise (no pun intended), would have a pretty wide movest, is one of the most emotionally engaging, memorable, and challenging boss fights in the Prime series, and don't even get me started on his theme...

I MEAN LOOK AT HIM!!! Friking Smash Bros. material this guy!

Others I'd like to see:
-Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
-Jack Cayman (MadWorld)
-Bayonetta
-Raiden (MGR: Revengance, sure Sony kind of took him but... who cares)
-Simon Belmont/Alucard
-Bowser Jr.
-A Namco character since they're working on it... Pacman, Heihachi, ect.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Would it be out of the question to request a Castlevania character?
Alucard or Soma would be great.

Also since they added(may be taking out for Wii U0 Toon Link, maybe they could add X in?