New Unannounced Nintendo Game is "Shocking"

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
New Unannounced Nintendo Game is "Shocking"

A poster who appears to be an employee of gaming site IGN has said that Nintendo is working on an A-class new title that will be rather unexpected: it "shocked the hell out of me."

Let's file this under "mild curiosity" for the moment: Last week, entered the discussion [http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=25831], saying he hadn't seen the game coming at all:

"I can state with absolute certainty that it is NOT that Pokemon game. It is something that came out of nowhere and shocked the hell out of me. That's not to say that it's a Megaton-level announcement, just that I certainly didn't expect it."

Further responses in the thread indicate that the title is not a new IP (certainly not shocking), and that it... may not be all that worth getting hyped over:

[blockquote]I'd have to say that my hype level is somewhat low for the title, despite the fact that I'm certain it'll be a really stellar game.... I don't think anyone will be able to guess what this game is. I never would have expected this title to be in the works. I was actually excited about it when I first heard what it was, but after more details made it my way, it no longer seemed nearly as appealing. It's still a cool idea, just not one that anyone asked for or expected.[/blockquote]

All right. So, it's a title in an established IP that might not be all that appealing, but will still come as a shock to people and catch them off guard.

Is it a new Pokemon Snap? Because that would be actually pretty awesome. It could also be: A new Star Fox (that doesn't suck), a Zelda game where you actually play as Zelda, or a Donkey Kong crossover with Wii Music. None of which I would be expecting, to be fair.

The trick is, now: Do we care?

(Nintendo D-Pad [http://nintendodpad.com/Welcome/News/Entries/2009/10/22_IGN_Staffer%3A_New_Nintendo_game_will_%E2%80%9Cblow_you_away%E2%80%9D.html])

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
My first thought?
They have some new add-on for the Wii that shocks you for not doing well.
Like buying their games.

What I'm really hoping for, though, is a Pokemon game with an M rating.
Can you imagine how funny that could be?
Finally, your high level pokemon would have the effects you've always dreamed of!
No more of that fainting BS.
Aaand you can ignore that statement after I read the middle part...damn.

Sigh...I guess my answer to your question will have to be a no...

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
I'm rather interested. But, like most people if you hold a box in front of me and tell me I can't look inside until later I will become very interested.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Maybe it's a Zelda game where Link has a naked dude chained up as a pet who must help him on his quest.

..................I don't know where this came from.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
How dare they steal my incredibly creative, original and genius title! [http://www.newgameplus.net/2009/09/all-aboard-the-hype-train/] I'm suing for plagiarism!

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
Woah! Nintendo is being innovative and remaking an old game with wii controls? Of all the possibilities...

Ben66

Mar 6, 2009
Maybe it could be that sacred Super Mario Sonic the Hedgehog platformer crossover we've dreamt of. Olympic Winter Games seemed to be building up to it enough, and at times it blurs the line between ski-mini-game and traditional platformer anyway.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I hate non-news. "I saw a new game. I can't give you any details, but here are a range of ways in which I expect you to react".

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Mmmmmm Kirby game? Kid Icarus game? Donkey Kong game(with Rare hopefully)? An Earthbound game? F-Zero? A megaman game? Ghouls and Ghost?

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
I'll take a new Pokemon Snap, that game was great. Would also be quite fun to play as Zelda, in a Zelda game. Like Link could all be captured or something, and Zelda has to save the day instead.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
A new Game and Watch game?

Or maybe brawl but with more third party characters?

Or better yet a game were Link and Mario team up to rescue the princesses.