New Wonder Woman Will Wear "Those Little Shorts"

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
I'll take Linda Carter and her Wonder Woman any day. I've yet to see remake/rebirth/reboot/re-imagining that hasn't utterly disappointed me.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Jaime_Wolf said:
Lucane said:
Jaime_Wolf said:
I have no real interest in it, but that first costume was legitimately awful. It looked like a horrible cross between a cheap Halloween costume and a vinyl fetish suit.

The newer pants actually looked pretty decent and certainly looked much less cheap. "Those little shorts" seem a little cheap and fan-servicy again even if there is history behind it.
That's not a photo from the new show just a Halloween costume or model for something else, but yeah I guess that means she'll be getting something among the likes of those If not a little higher on the sides or lower all around.

I still think the 2nd pair of pants were decent.​

Really? I'm almost sure the new pants are an actual photo from the show - I remember seeing a series of the pictures from a photoshoot in the last article posted about them. Pretty sure the picture of the old pants is also from an official photo.

If you mean "those little shorts", yes, I realise that the picture isn't of them, but they're referring to them as "those little shorts", so the intent pretty much has to be at least partly fan-service.
No, the 2 shots of pants are from the show yes. I only meant the shorts are not I'm in favor of the (Stars down the side non-vinyl)Pants in the 1st of the 3 photos in this article which are the newer pair which I refer to as the 2nd pair because they are not the first ones they showed off.

Edit: what I meant is the shorts if they do go that way may look a bit more dignified(or you know not.) than the random costume they have in the third photo.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
I'd rather have people really passionately engaged in conversation, even if they hate something, than be kind of bored.
That reads a lot like a play from Howard Stern's playbook.

I think less flash, more subtle would be good, but then the concept of Wonder Woman has always baffled me, whatever she wears.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I think I liked the long pants with the red boots better. Maybe she'll wear the shorts when she's fighting on the beach, or during summer, and keep the pants for colder occasions.

At least this guy's honest about his chances. He's not spouting, "It's going to be great. People are going to love this to death."

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I liked the second one...
Wonder Woman's classic outfit is outdated and cheesy. But Hera forbid they try to improve things...

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
The pants and boots are fine. It's the belt and top that needs work. Seriously it wouldn't look out of place in a power rangers show the way it is now. Though it is just a tv show so I probably shouldn't care.

Mouse One

Jan 22, 2011
Wait, wait. Isn't Wonder Woman an Amazon? You know, the male hating warrior women from Greek myth who cut one of their *ahem* off so they could draw the bow easier? I doubt they shaved much, come to think of it.

Oh wait, it's a comic book series. Thank God for lack of realism!

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
And at the end of the day, as far as I last heard, the show is still going to be about an Ally McBeal type with super powers and will feature sugar-pop music parading as female anthems. So why the hell do we still care how the costume looks when it sounds like the show will probably be an instant fail anyway? It'll hardly be the fault of the costume department for putting some freaking pants on a glorified bathing suit if the whole thing busts in less than half a season.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
So, she'll be wearing bloomers? On a modern TV show? Really?

Something tells me they would want to make it a bit more modern than that and turn it into more of a bathing suit bottom.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Souplex said:
I liked the second one...
Wonder Woman's classic outfit is outdated and cheesy. But Hera forbid they try to improve things...
Black latex pants (as opposed to blue) and a leather jacket borrowed from Black Canary is hardly what I'd call an improvement. They want to improve her outfit, start plundering some history books about Ancient Greece and the various styles of armours employed by the Greek city states and create an amalgamation of that. If they want the character to be taken seriously as a warrior, dress her like one.

I'm a fan of the character, and I never really minded the costume in the comics or DCAU for that matter, but for mainstream it needs tidying up a bit.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I watched the original series (my pay t.v company I was with used to air them) and in that series she had a variety of costumes. Maybe all that have been shown will feature in the series?

I wonder if they will have DC characters have like featured eps or cameos.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
yknow ... of all things that could be retconned and "fixed" wonder womans outfit is one of them Id be ok with. its lousey please wear something more practical.

Feb 13, 2008
Spangles said:
'upbeat girly comedy about a female ceo by day and funky chick superherione by night who need emotional support from her bff' just sound so damn shit.
Why does that sound so familiar?

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
ryo02 said:
yknow ... of all things that could be retconned and "fixed" wonder womans outfit is one of them Id be ok with. its lousey please wear something more practical.
They did they gave her black jeans and a jacket... and then there was an outcry about how it wasn't a patriotic costume.... even though she's not meant to be American. She's an Amazon, from a Tropical Island... which has a matriarchal society.

Nothing at all to do with America, but she has to be PATRIOTIC DAMMIT!

Essentially DC can't win, unless it's a new Hero they seem destined to always look like 1930's spank mag models.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
When it comes to the wonder woman costume I'm in the group that thinks there is nothing wrong with her old costume and as an iconic costume it shouldn't be changed, especially not for black, leather 1990's throwbacks designed by Jim Lee.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
When it comes to the wonder woman costume I'm in the group that thinks there is nothing wrong with her old costume and as an iconic costume it shouldn't be changed, especially not for black, leather 1990's throwbacks designed by Jim Lee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DldXih2YMo&feature=related Joker seems to share your opinion about black leather jackets :p

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Vault Citizen said:
I see no issue with redesigning an icon though.

At the moment her costume makes little sense to the character and look at characters who haven't changed or been reinvented in nearly 50 years - i.e. Superman - He's boring as hell. He's passionless, has no personality and he is defined purely by his powers.

Compare that to Batman who is constantly retconned - Batman is made eternally relevant by being retconned, he has grown and changed to match the times.

Wonder Woman has never been a big seller for DC, hell I'd rather see a Huntress TV series, but alas average joe who doesn't read comics has no clue who she is. Jim Lee tried to evolve the character with his design, sure you could argue she looked like a 90's throw back, I saw it as a way to show off her personality beyond Diana Troy of the Amazon. But in the end, whilst she still looks like something you'd see on the side of a 1920's bomber, she'll never be taken seriously as a character either by artists or writers.