New Wonder Woman Will Wear "Those Little Shorts"

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
Odd to hear he said the shiny pants weren't planned from the start, but I suppose the original publicity photo with the shiny trousers might have been for lack of the actual costume or to test the reaction or something.

I'll be quite glad to see the little shorts, they are kind of an icnoic part of the original outfit after all. It would like Captain America without his shield or Power Girl without her boob window.
Power girls Boob Window is not as Iconic I would say, I mean I could imagine Power Girl with no Window and Smaller assets, same with wonder womans panties... I mean she has had a skirt in the comics as well.

But Caps shield? that is a pickle... No Shield No cap imo

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I don't think it's what she's wearing on her legs that should be the primary concern. She even throws one punch in that outfit, and she'll have all new weapons of distraction at her disposal. I know it's the iconic look for Wonder Woman, but it was ridiculous before and it still is.

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
the second outfit was better...not a big fan of "those little shorts" unless they can pull them off tastefully...but then again this show might still suck shorts or no shorts...

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
"It's utterly baffling to me but for some reason, a lot of people seem really wound up about the costume Adrienne Palicki will wear in the new Wonder Woman pilot being developed for NBC. Shiny blue pants? And matching blue boots? Unacceptable! "

Because it looked like a cheap 80's Halloween costume. Hello, McFly, anybody there?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
For.I.Am.Mad said:
Because it looked like a cheap 80's Halloween costume. Hello, McFly, anybody there?
As opposed to, what, any other Wonder Woman costume you've ever seen?

Preacher zer0

Jun 13, 2010
Once again the "industry" shows how out of touch and retarded it is.

We didn't demand it.
We backlashed against the shiny hooker pants, they changed the to the matt pants, we said "that's better... the shorts would be more authentic of course but a bit daft and they couldn't pull it off".

THAT was the sentiment, we were happy enough with the toned down pants but obviously whatever lurkers are paid to watch CBM forums and report back to their masters on "public reaction" didn't quite understand.

What a bunch of tools... This is almost as bad as the Green Lantern suit "controversy" lmao.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
For.I.Am.Mad said:
As opposed to, what, any other Wonder Woman costume you've ever seen?
Ooohhhhh, I see. If every Wonder Woman has looked cheap before than this one must look cheap too....even though it's being produced by a billion dollar company....in 2011 where it's common place to spend a hundreds of thousands to million of dollars on one episode.

Hopposai

Jun 9, 2009
Fanboys, IT IS OK to update things once and awhile. I believed that the new 2.0 costume was perfect. Since the new series is presented in the present time, it is ok for a hero to be fashionable. Unless those panties are going to be a thong.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I liked the non-shiny pants they had. And seriously? Everybody wanted the "shorts?" What is the problem people have with pants?

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I have to say that I was quite a big fan of Boston Legal but that had Shatner in... I may watch the first episode of this new Wonder Woman show though just to see how it is. I'm not a devoted WW fan so I can deal with a bit of creative license as long as it's entertaining.

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
The fact that they've changed the costume this many times just shows at this point that they really have no creative vision whatsoever.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Well good job.

glad they didn't go for the "realism" vibe <.< (granted WW never did look real XD)

So tired of every superhero having to look "gritty." Seriously ppl who watch these superheroes aren't going to bad mouth you if you've kept the costume faithful to what everyone remembers.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
The real question.
The question no one has addressed.

Will she be able to fly or will she have that invisible jet?

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
So many people are freaking out about her costume. I bet this has turned into a nightmare for the t.v. people.
But I admit that I like the second costume better.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Izzil said:
And at the end of the day, as far as I last heard, the show is still going to be about an Ally McBeal type with super powers and will feature sugar-pop music parading as female anthems. So why the hell do we still care how the costume looks when it sounds like the show will probably be an instant fail anyway? It'll hardly be the fault of the costume department for putting some freaking pants on a glorified bathing suit if the whole thing busts in less than half a season.
Ally McBeal? HAHAHA, Oh man, the 90s' pop-feminism's icon. I'm annoyed by shows like Ally where "man" is used as an insult and any reference to male genitalia uses the term "Dumb stick", but even I think this wonder-woman costume is too much.

The very reason they're going to include (and fail at) half-assed feminism is because they think people will let them get away with an American flag themed dominatrix outfit if they do.