News: The Living Anime Girl Returns!!! (Previously News: Real-life Anime Girl on Facebook)

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Well now this is the very definition of the uncanny valley. Holy mother in hell.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna judge them on what they do with and to their bodies, and I maintain a stance of considering everyone as stupid as possible anyways, but ... it's neither appealing to me, nor can I imagine any kind of twisted mind that actually does find it attractive.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
It's mainly the white make up around the eyes that throws her into the uncanny valley... humans are weird about processing faces.

So, better or worse than

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
OlasDAlmighty said:
Lectori Salutem said:
To boldly go where no man has gone before... deep into the uncanny valley.
Don't you mean where no girl has gone?
>.>

<.<

Lectori Salutem said:
To boldly go where no girl has gone before... deep into the uncanny valley.
There, I fixed it.

Though technically it wasn't incorrect, as the word 'man' can also be used for a human being when not really being gender specific. But I'll admit that 'girl' sounds somewhat better in context.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hai guys, whats going on in this thr-

Oh god, it was scary and unreal enough the first time I saw it! Now you've refreshed the image in my mind! Who has the mind bleach? I require some mental image removal! It's even worse than the girl on youtube who paints anime style eyes over her eyelids.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
It's odd, somehow this seems like an improvement over the undead, anorexic skeleton types. Still not quite preferable to a sensibly-proportioned human beings, I think, but to each their own?
[sub]Was also thinking of Franken Fran when I saw this...[/sub]

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
The picture from the OP isn't very flattering, but I've seen other pictures of her. She's incredibly hot IMO.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
While I may not find it that attractive myself, I don't think everyone should be shaming her this way... She should be allowed to look however she wants.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I actually thought the girl on the left was a sex-doll at first glance...

Anyway...

Out fowl demons, out!

The power of Christ compels you!

Jun 16, 2010
It's just a bit of make-up. And even if she did normally look that way, who cares?
Isn't judging people for superficial reasons like their hobbies exactly what the Escapist usually gets up-in-arms about?
She enjoys making herself look like an anime character in her spare time. So what?

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Well, holy fuck, that's sort of creepy. But if she want to do it, why not?

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I clicked on this to have a look and... Wow. Just, wow. Did not expect it to be quite like that, kinda hurts to look at it. I mean, people can do what they want so long as it doesn't harm others, but man...

You would think there would be more important things to put money towards.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Ew. Do they even HAVE a waist? The one on the right I can deal with the face, but the body is disgusting to me. Ew...

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Man, if I actually had nightmares I'd be so angry at you right now.

But whatever, it's her face. If she wants to look like that I've got no problem with it.

I don't understand it personally, but if I understood everything I'd be bored.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
Zhukov said:
Errrrrrrrrrrrraagh.

This looks like a clear-cut case of possession. I say we burn it and feed the ashes to the pigs.

Then burn the pigs. Just in case.
Burned pig=Bacon by my scientific understanding.

I'm honestly horrified by the fact people are allowed to do this to themselves.

The Ubermensch

Mar 6, 2012
I just came back from 4Chan and now we have this freak show going on?

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Just two weeks ago I walked along Hastings Street in Vancouver and saw drug-addled human horrors I'd be hard-pressed to describe properly.

Somehow, this creature freaks me out even worse.